TEST -TUNE March 18th

Old 03-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default TEST -TUNE March 18th

Thats wright!....Bring those hotrods out for a day of testing.....Sid,ran his electric and Nitro cars today..the loop worked perfectly........the track is coming along nicely!....The CREW has gotten alot done the last couple weeks.......Bring springs,Oil,Tires,etc to test with!.....

See everyone Then.....
Old 03-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Time to get out there and see what those hotrods will do. Most of the work is done now so we need to get some folks out to try and race or at least have more than 1 car on track to see what else we need to patch up. If last years members care to come out then maybe we will have enough to have elections for club officers.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sid,

Were you running rubber tires or foam tires? With your electric car, were you running Spec/Blinky, open (turbo/timing/boost), or mod (10.5 and lower)? Off the upper deck, did you have clear vantage point of see your car no matter where you stood or is there a disadvantage of standing in certain spots on the upper deck/drivers stand over another? Where are the pits going to be located for the nitro cars?

I wish I could be there for this test and tune but between the Carpet Nats (will be running F1) and going to Puerto Rico for the Ipanema GT Worlds (on 3/21/12), it is impossible. Maybe I might be able to sneak up in April to see and run on the new track.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Where is the new track?

Where is the track located? When and how often can it be used? Who should I thank?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JLock
Sid,

Were you running rubber tires or foam tires? With your electric car, were you running Spec/Blinky, open (turbo/timing/boost), or mod (10.5 and lower)? Off the upper deck, did you have clear vantage point of see your car no matter where you stood or is there a disadvantage of standing in certain spots on the upper deck/drivers stand over another? Where are the pits going to be located for the nitro cars?

I wish I could be there for this test and tune but between the Carpet Nats (will be running F1) and going to Puerto Rico for the Ipanema GT Worlds (on 3/21/12), it is impossible. Maybe I might be able to sneak up in April to see and run on the new track.
Juan, I was running foams on my nitro car and Jacos on my electric car. Was running 17.5 open but not geared up for this track. The visibility will be the same for everyone there is small spot on outside right hand turn (before pit row) that you can't go to tight against the rail. Also on back straight you have to stay out about 2 ft from inside rail. This track is coming along nicely we still need to do more work but after a couple more weeks I think most issues will be taken care of.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kidsid99
Juan, I was running foams on my nitro car and Jacos on my electric car. Was running 17.5 open but not geared up for this track. The visibility will be the same for everyone there is small spot on outside right hand turn (before pit row) that you can't go to tight against the rail. Also on back straight you have to stay out about 2 ft from inside rail. This track is coming along nicely we still need to do more work but after a couple more weeks I think most issues will be taken care of.
How well did the foams work on the concrete? In the past, foams have never hooked up on concrete and did not last more than one run (concrete was like heavy-duty sandpaper on them). Did you treat the track with any kind of traction compound? Sorry for all the questions but since I have not been to the new track yet, trying to get prepared so that I am not surprised by anything.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

are you looking to have USVTA and USGT classes?....and under USVTA rules?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default USVTA

How many active MSRA members are there? I'm VERY new to it, but I'd be very interested in getting together with others to form up some weekend VTA racing and possibly a stock (NASCAR?) class. Not sure of the terminology, but I've been building up some cars and have a plethora of stock brushed motors I've been tinkering with. Some old Reedy's and such.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JLock
How well did the foams work on the concrete? In the past, foams have never hooked up on concrete and did not last more than one run (concrete was like heavy-duty sandpaper on them). Did you treat the track with any kind of traction compound? Sorry for all the questions but since I have not been to the new track yet, trying to get prepared so that I am not surprised by anything.
Juan,
Give us time to do more testing this weekend and I will get back with you on Monday with an update that will be more accurate cause we didn't use any type of traction last week so let use test that and will let everyone know.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
are you looking to have USVTA and USGT classes?....and under USVTA rules?
If they come we will run that class.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Tech Rookie

the track is on hwy. 51 south of nail the way we do classies is if we have the racers to run one we do.
come out this weekend and check it out
Originally Posted by Sinjitsu
How many active MSRA members are there? I'm VERY new to it, but I'd be very interested in getting together with others to form up some weekend VTA racing and possibly a stock (NASCAR?) class. Not sure of the terminology, but I've been building up some cars and have a plethora of stock brushed motors I've been tinkering with. Some old Reedy's and such.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well how did the test and tune go? It was Sunday and its now almost wensday and nobody has posted since last week. So Whats the news? Is there going to be a decent crowd? hows the traction? How are the barriers when there is traffic on the track? Who are the Officers? Is there power at the track or do you need to bring your own? What are the entry fees this year? What are yall spraying on the track for traction, How are rubber tires holding up? Has anyone had a mini on the track? If so how hot is the silvercan comming off at? Again if so did you have to gear down on the silvercan due to the sustained high RPM's. what kind of lap times does it look like for all class cars that have been on the track?

the test and tune on the lake went nicely. the warm up is going along well. Q, Jesse, justin and I will be making a 75 mile loop on the black river this saturday if any of you guys have a pwc and wanna have a little fun on the river.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YAm...e_gdata_player
Hears a link to a few vids of our racing . We will have more posted this summer .
Old 03-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Hears a link to a few vids of our racing . We will have more posted this summer .
REALLY? must have been raining that day
Old 03-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
I bet the gas bill for all of that racing is expensive, plus the cost of getting there. I'll stick with the little cars more fun, don't get wet and don't have to pay for that OBAMA gasoline...

Just having fun at something one likes to do is all one should strive for to keep one happy in this life.

Joe

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.