Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS 12 TzR

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Are you saying your TZ drove past 2 Rodys? Were they in pit lane?
Old 05-06-2005, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rody
The .12TZ can match any mod engine on the market. It has already been proven. I is hard to bleave that a box stock engine can out perform a mod engine. 4 tanks through my engine and I am faster than ever, OS has always been conservative about power, but OS team drivers were told not to mod the engine because of the superior performance out of the box. Try one instead of talking out the side of your head you might win a race.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by yodace
which one should I order for my AD2?

Does Tower have them in stock already?
Tower will have the engines in stock in a few weeks.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

OK guys let me fill you in, the reason why the .12TZ's performance is the 1:1 bore and stroke, most engines are timed for Max RPM but OS has blanced the power in this long stroke engine, you can gear for max power on large tracks and also max low end on small tracks. Blance is the key to this engine and that's what most engines don't have. The whole engine has been redesigned from the ground up and alot of thought was put into top performance without the customer having to spend a extra 100 buck to mod his engine.
when you spend 300 dollars on a mod engine
and you have problems with tuning whitch I see all the time or your still not as fast as the team drivers OS has just leveled the playing field in race engines. At the RD Logics Race Ron Atomic TQed with this box stock TZ and he
was competeing aginst JP Mod, Mega, Siro and all the others. OS engines in back into the race scene with a vengence.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Sorry for the spelling it is to early in the morning
Old 05-06-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where are the links to buy this engine?
Old 05-06-2005, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

i cant wait to break in the engine

im saving it to use in big races
i use an os tr r spec for club days and thats crazy fast already!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rody
I was talking in terms of a straight drag race down the front straight at our track during the races. It wasn't a huge difference, but by the end of the straight I was ahead. Hard to believe I know. Both Rody's were a little conservative in their tuning since they were both reasonably new, but then again, I was very conservative with the OS since it had barely 300mils through it. It still sticks at TDC when hot. The manual said this will ease a little and only stick when cold, once run in.

As gijoe has pointed out, the OS TQ'd the RD Logics race with Barry Baker second. Now, Baker uses the Murnan Modified motors so we know they are in the top 3% of fast motors.

I am as surprised as anyone out there that this box stock motor is producing the goods for a very cheap price. To see a sleeve that is made of 2 different metals (one for the ports section and one for the very top of the sleve) is something I haven't seen on a box motor before. I know the Palmaris guys were testing with this recently as well.

When Ron Atomic posted that his motor was out of the box, I was sceptical, but after reading a review of the 18TZ I was curious about how the .12 would perform and it turned many heads at it's debut here in Western Australia(including mine!). The motor has also been performing well in Europe recently, especially in France and the UK where lower Nitro content is normal, so I thought what the heck.

Like I said before though, it's early days and there is much to be learnt yet, including the reliability factor.

All I can suggest is to get one for yourself and try it (no I'm not associated with OS in any way), and tell everyone what you think from personal experience. A lot of people just don't see OS as a performance engine manufacturer. I was also one of the "it's either Italian or it's an also ran" brigade. I can tell you now, they are out to change that image.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Let me get some skill on that track and you can come test my Rody . If you win, I'll be tempted to buy the OS .12TZ. Otherwise I'm very happy with my Rody engine the way it is. Super reliable, idles all day, and very easy to tune.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by jt6
I am sure that Tower price will come down. Most of the time on new products tower lists a higher price(Probably Retail Price) and then when it comes in stock it drops to the normal price.
When Tower send over their list to us dealer.........they said that $250 price is the 12TZ will their OS 1-piece pipe.......that might be changed, but that is what I heard last time.

As you guys know...OS pipe is probably one of the most expensive pipe in the market, even cost more then Nova Rossi or Nova MAX 1 piece pipe, but they claimed using the OS pipe will get the maximum performance out of thier engine....who doesn't.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have a fully modified 18TZ, and I did see the stock performance of the same 18TZ against JP15, MAX 15 (yes, 15, not 12..)....the stock 18TZ are PAR with those mod engine....and my MOD 18TZ, unfortunitely, is hard to tell the performance because my NTC3 are just too narrow, too small and too hard to take the abuse from the mod 18TZ.............

According from the guy that mod my 18TZ......he said the material that OS used on the TZ series, are even HARDER and BETTER then the Nova Rossi, JP, Max...etc engines that he had ever modded....he said he usually can modded 3 engines without changing his tool, but this time modding my 18TZ, he has to use 1 full set of tool (blade set) for this single engine......the material are OUTSTANDING.

About the 12 TZ and 5 port TZ.....from my friend over in HK that already tested thru race and drag...........it is PAR with those stock Nova Rossi or Max or JP EXCEPT the high end speed......again, these TZ are not designed for 43,000 rpm like Nova, if your track are hugh and long enough like Hamilton, I think OS might not be able to compare with those big boys...however, in realiality, most of the track are smaller then Hamilton, then OS is in a fair ground with all the big boys, and with the OS easy to tune performance come in standard.........I think OS will have the edge on the 12 engine competition....mainly, the PRICE.

I would not go to the whos faster then who.........OS is cheap, affordable and good performance.....MAX JP are garantee good performance and realiable........they are just 2 different type of engine for ppl to choose from.

Last edited by Rookie Solara; 05-06-2005 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Well said Rookie. Do you still have the R40 or you sold it?
Old 05-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by performula
Where are the links to buy this engine?
Here's the link to
RC Mushrooms OS Engine page
$195 for the 3 port & $205 for the 5 port
Old 05-06-2005, 12:51 PM
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just got a quote back from Futaba Pro Shop. around $208 shipped.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
When Tower send over their list to us dealer.........they said that $250 price is the 12TZ will their OS 1-piece pipe.......that might be changed, but that is what I heard last time.

As you guys know...OS pipe is probably one of the most expensive pipe in the market, even cost more then Nova Rossi or Nova MAX 1 piece pipe, but they claimed using the OS pipe will get the maximum performance out of thier engine....who doesn't.
Tower has the 1 piece pipe listed at $99, so if that $250 price is with the pipe it's not a bad deal at all!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.