Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Is the NERCAR club still around (top of Connecticut) >

Is the NERCAR club still around (top of Connecticut)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the NERCAR club still around (top of Connecticut)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Is the NERCAR club still around (top of Connecticut)

Is there anybody out there that has any info on the NERCAR club? They used to be in Enfield, CT. Some of the racers were Larry Labounty, Jeff Miller, Tom Ramundo.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by slowhand55
Is there anybody out there that has any info on the NERCAR club? They used to be in Enfield, CT. Some of the racers were Larry Labounty, Jeff Miller, Tom Ramundo.
the club is still in existence, they just don't have a racing facility at the moment...
Old 02-29-2012, 04:17 AM
Tech Adept

When the Controlfreakz track opened up in Chaplin,CT. in 2008 it pretty much replaced NERCAR for on road nitro racing here in Connecticut.There was no way a club type track could compete with the beautiful facility Kenny Ives built and I don't bieleve NERCAR wanted to, they supported Controlfreakz in every way. But with Controlfreakz now gone and I have just recently learned that the track in Brooklyn N.Y. at Floyd Bennet Field will not be holding any races,this means there is no nitro on road racing in the Northeast. If ever the was a need for NERCAR it's now.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The problem with NERCAR is the same problem with every other club, there aren't enough people to help. NERCAR is an old school club where they rented a parking lot, set up the track, raced, and then took the track down. For anyone who's helped with that knows it's a lot of work. They welcomed Control Freakz because they didn't have to do track setup any more!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Nercar

I was one of those guys that set up and broke down the track. Yea, it's a lot of work but how else are you going to race? I stopped at about the time the club moved from the motorcycle dealer parking lot. That was a lot of years ago. Then the club started racing at a lot off I-84 (exit 17 I think). That was Southbury, CT. Where do I go to find any on road nitro racing close to Connecticut? ....Mike
Old 03-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slowhand55
I was one of those guys that set up and broke down the track. Yea, it's a lot of work but how else are you going to race? I stopped at about the time the club moved from the motorcycle dealer parking lot. That was a lot of years ago. Then the club started racing at a lot off I-84 (exit 17 I think). That was Southbury, CT. Where do I go to find any on road nitro racing close to Connecticut? ....Mike
Sorry to say 220 miles south in Delaware at Blue Diamond Raceway..that is currently the closest location or Toledo Ohio.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

This is a very depressing situation for Northeast on road nitro racers . I'm just hope some hobby shop might step up and hold at least a few races for the on road faithful , or is it time to resurect NERCAR.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just to clarify a bit. There are still 2 tracks you can run on if you are just looking for sticktime. Bridgeport, Ct. still has a permanent track & Floyd Bennett, Brooklyn, Ny. Both are currently able to be run on, just no organized racing at the moment.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think Race Park 106 in New Hampshire is still there and was paved
Old 03-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

When did Controlfreakz shutdown? The nats were held there just last year

Pass you soon...
Old 03-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

It closed shortly after.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Hey there. I am the acting secretary of NERCAR. Larry Labounty and Ralph Morrella are Acting vice president and President. I am currently working on getting the band back together "NERCAR". Hopefully we will be able to organize at least a race or 2 this season. It would be nice to host a 2 day race in a high traffic area where the sport could get some visibility. A walmart or a shopping mall of some sort. If anyone is connected to a high traffic retailer in the greater CT area and may be able to negotiate us a deal please feel free to contact me.
NERCAR still has all of the prep equipment trailer boards and timing equip to host races. We just need a location.

Andrew Nicholas
[email protected]
(603) 213 2532
Thanks
Andrew
Old 03-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Control Freakz facility looked fantastic shame that closed down.
I'm not even from the USA but it saddens me that it's such a fight to keep a good on road facility open in this climate.

Hope you guys get something going soon.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Bump! Recieved good news today. The owner of the property we are looking at seems to like the idea of having racing at his facility. Hopefully I will have more specifics within the next few days.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AndrewNicholas
Bump! Recieved good news today. The owner of the property we are looking at seems to like the idea of having racing at his facility. Hopefully I will have more specifics within the next few days.
AWESOME NEWS !! It looks like the Northeast ain't dead yet ! Can't wait to hear more about it !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.