TD DNX408 on DEEP discount!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Old 02-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I guess between the "new releases" it sorta makes sense that the only one supposedly "still going strong" is the reverse mold version of a 8ight 2.0. While the other two TD and JQ, far more original designs, apparently are "disappearing".......

Owned my DNX for close to a year now, very little regrets. Enjoyed the heck out of it, there has been issues here and there, but they're corrected now and the buggy is a blast to drive. You can plop the DNX down next to any buggy on the market, and still be impressed with the engineering that went into it.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neesh
I think sales are going to be up again once the truggy gets released. I am one of them itching to see the truggy and may keep my buggy around just because of that.
I would consider the buggy if I "KNEW" the truggy was for sure coming.. Until then I'll stick my Hot Bodies.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Even at $300 I would wait for a newer version. Never have I seen any new buggy hit the track and then disappear as quickly as the 408 and JQ. It's really strange too because their 1/10 stuff is just about as good as it gets.
James,

Out of the loop for a while, what's wrong with the JQ?

On another note, when are you coming back to X-RAY? That home coming party for you is still ON!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Even at $300 I would wait for a newer version. Never have I seen any new buggy hit the track and then disappear as quickly as the 408 and JQ. It's really strange too because their 1/10 stuff is just about as good as it gets.
This are the both cars I got and I prefer them way over the mugen, losi or xray (i had a 808 and a mugen too)
So don't be too rude, these buggies need progressive drivers, have lots of steering, are quite nervous but some like them. I wouldn't care about an MBX6 Eco myself if someone asked me to exchange it against my JQ. They don't have more problems than others, some pilots are just closed minded and brain washed by "big names". The best drivers out there would be just as good with the DNX408 or The car, but these brands can't offer them the same contracts. The JQ is the best car I had the occasion to drive for my tastes: light, nimble, awesome steering, beautiful looking and Joseph Quagraine provides an awesome service too. Look at what JQ Products Team does now, they even set the car for you, what else can you wait for?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...up-thread.html
What are other brands saying "ok we have a problem, let's solve it"? Does that mean they have no problem on their cars? Of course not!
I like guys that do care about their clients and not only say they do. To me JQ is part of them, and just for this reason I think his car deserves better. I never had so much pleasure driving a buggy so big UP for JQ

Last edited by Pulse_; 02-18-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

The DNX408 had an issue with it's tank that chased a lot of people away. Many of us never had a problem with the tank so I don't know why some would develop a leak and some would not. There was also some people having issues with premature wear of the drive shafts. Also the stock shock bladders cut really easily so most guys use the Losi ones now. The tank issue has been fixed and improved on with the release of the new V2 tank As for the drive shafts...that seemed to only affect a very few amount of drivers. They have also now released a new radio box that has more room and is easier to work with than the original box. So for the sale price plus a V2 tank, V2 radio box, and Losi shock bladders you still come out way less than other cars of it's quality.

The car has some design elements to it that I really like and are what sold me on this car over others. Probably the thing I like the most is the fuel tank access. The fuel cap is centered in the car so to refuel you only need to cut a hole in the front window instead of hacking some whacky hole out of the side of the cockpit. Next the engine is closer to the center of the car than the more mainstream brands for better balance. The engine is also placed in the chassis to make the front and rear drive shafts the same length. This way you don't get more twist in one than the other under hard acceleration and keeps the power to the wheels more even front to rear. Also both the servos mount flat to help keep the CG lower on the car. Lastly the differentials slide right out of the car by just removing a few screws and sway bars rather than having to take the whole car apart to get to them.

Personally I think the design advantages outweigh all of the issues and what few issues that exist are easily corrected now. I do hope they re-release the cars with the V2 tank and radio box but you can bet if they do it won't be until after the prices come back up again.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ganymede
James,

Out of the loop for a while, what's wrong with the JQ?

On another note, when are you coming back to X-RAY? That home coming party for you is still ON!
I dont know bro but They pretty much disappeared in AZ after about 6 months. I guess people didnt want to wait for updates or try other brands parts.

Too all those people who feel "offended" by my previous post that was not my intention. I was only stating what was obvious here in Arizona. Many people bought both the 408 and the JQ and 6 months later they were all gone. Whatever the reasons behind it are irrelevant but 20 guys who all give up on a RC car must be reasoning behind it. I got stuck with thousands of dollars worth of parts that I had to sell for pennies on the dollar.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

We're not offended we say what we think. I've no reason to defend a brand rather than an other but I know how a mass effect can make people switch their minds. I can understand with all the agressive drivers out there a JQ or a Durango doesn't fit their driving style. That doesn't make them bad cars. Like Inspector Gadget said (I loved your cartoons !!) they don't have more weak points than other cars. JQ had a problem with the spur gear, with weak plastics (boil them!) and anodization on the internals. All the parts were replaced for free. It happens, it was JQ's first car. Let's look it from another point of view: how is it possible that a driver as unexperimented as me can follow drivers that have 10 years experience and driving their Eco's with a car that is so young? Hummm, maybe because it's good! I know I'll have a hard time reselling them, but I won't buy a car I don't like even if everybody is driving it. I don't care. Look at the Durango, a Mugen looks plain ugly compared to it! I know this is totally subjective but I've never seen anybody ask question about a Mugen. When I bring my cars out everybody has sparks in the eyes. Durango and JQ create social entertainment! I don't need THE best car, I need a car that provides me pleasure and is durable. Both Durango and JQ do, and they're fast too! I don't give so much credit to people's choices to be honest. Guys put hundreds of dollars in option parts and drive two times a year, they get crazy on podiums with no real reason, buy a car and sell it 3 days after, buy top end radio even if they don't use 90% of their settings, ... This isn't even rare so I stopped looking at what others do since the first day I began this hobby

Last edited by Pulse_; 02-18-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I dont know bro but They pretty much disappeared in AZ after about 6 months. I guess people didnt want to wait for updates or try other brands parts.

Too all those people who feel "offended" by my previous post that was not my intention. I was only stating what was obvious here in Arizona. Many people bought both the 408 and the JQ and 6 months later they were all gone. Whatever the reasons behind it are irrelevant but 20 guys who all give up on a RC car must be reasoning behind it. I got stuck with thousands of dollars worth of parts that I had to sell for pennies on the dollar.
I wouldn't be offended because what you said is exactly the truth. We are stuck with parts as well. Just glad we didn't go stupid with some of the parts.
Around here, it's Hot Bodies, Mugen, Losi and Associated. Others simply don't sell regardless of how good or bad they are. Just simply no demand. I like the Agama and had some good things worked out with Gene but someone else got in the way and left a bitter taste. HB is good but never update much of anything. Kyosho regardless of the fan boys is over priced.
Hoping to see JQ get much bigger. Love the story and Joseph is a great guy that sticks with it and will keep you in the loop. Simply send him an email and HE WILL get in touch.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

Why is it so important to have a car that everybody drives? I mean as soon as you have spare parts... It can be an advantage sometimes
Old 02-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
I wouldn't be offended because what you said is exactly the truth. We are stuck with parts as well. Just glad we didn't go stupid with some of the parts.
Around here, it's Hot Bodies, Mugen, Losi and Associated. Others simply don't sell regardless of how good or bad they are. Just simply no demand. I like the Agama and had some good things worked out with Gene but someone else got in the way and left a bitter taste. HB is good but never update much of anything. Kyosho regardless of the fan boys is over priced.
Hoping to see JQ get much bigger. Love the story and Joseph is a great guy that sticks with it and will keep you in the loop. Simply send him an email and HE WILL get in touch.

I know exactly who "got in the way" of your Agama deal. They tried to pull the same crap with me! Fortunately I was the first dealer In Arizona and Gene and I have some history so Gene told them that's just the way it is. It's sad how greedy and dirty some people play but I am a strong believer in Karma.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

This buggy looks really nice...
If it carves on blown out bumpt tracks than yes...I would buy one in a heart beat....
I like the JQ as well... I thought about the Kyosho...but not for 900$...
It would be great to get 2 of the Durangos. for that price...then no issues at all on parts... in fact...if you race every month and practice 2 times a week...then yeah...2 cars seems very logical...
If I was racing all the time...It would be ideal to try them all! run them everyday for a week and then switch...but I don't have tracks close enough to do that....I would have to make my own....and that may not work well with the neighbors...
Old 02-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I bought one when they went on sale and one again today, There was only one left at amain today. I see P1 still had 6 earlier for 350
Old 02-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i can only speak from experience with the dex408(sold it after a few weeks...and after driving a kcar), but the thing is VERY difficult to keep on its wheels when you get a little sideways or land funny..it has an uncanny ability to start bouncing around like a cat on crack. The narrow design is great for nimble handling when all 4 wheels are on the ground but also make it roll easily either direction when in the air or in a bobble...quite unstable (for me at least)
there is a reason why the cars that are regularly winning championships don't change very much over the years, they work!
Old 02-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

That is true...but without innovation they would never change. Companies like Durango push the innovation...sometimes it works...sometimes not. I never had an issue with my DNX408 being bouncy and the only times it gets flipy is when I mess up on a jump...driver error not car error. It also used to traction roll easily but that was on carpet remnants instead of dirt and I had my ride height way too high. Once I got it down lower that problem went away. I haven't got the setup on my car quite where I want it yet but it is no worse off than any other car on the track. I don't have much time to get to the track and test but I really need to do some testing with different oils in the diffs...I have a feeling that will dial in my setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.