Wiki Posts
Search

OFna Jammin X1 crt assistance

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default OFna Jammin X1 crt assistance

Ok I am going to ask this as I have been through the search engine and can not seem to locate a concrete answer on it. I am in the process of getting a Ofna Jammin x1 CRT with a .28 motor. What I am looking for is some assistance in getting a good well balanced setup for bash sessions. Yes I understand that these were made for racing more but I am looking to do some modifications in order to get my son involved with RC and I am looking more for reinforcing the truggy because i know there will be tumbles starting out. What are the key areas to target on the CRT that might give problems with jumps. Also can anyone suggest possibly some decent tires that would work for on road running with this truggy? Finally I have heard of these being converted to electric, Can anyone shine light on who might carry the kit or is this something that someone with metal fabrication skills could make a kit out of? Thanks in advance for any assistance
Old 02-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Iv owned the Jammin line since its existence. Trust me when i say theres not a thing needed, theyre built like tanks. Only thing iv ever replaced on my current x1cr buggy is a front arm and some shock shafts. And thats only after jumping my grandparents house 6-7 times.
Only thing id grab is some spare arms and hubs.
As for street tires, there isnt anything in the lines of on road for a truggy but dont quote me on that.
In the lines of econversions i know Castle Creations makes an econversion. But the Jammin line being a bit out dated i dont know how easy they would be to find.
Hope this helps you out.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Jammin#2. I love the look and feell of the Ofna. Seems that this thing is built like a tank. I have been looking at a few arms already but just trying to get an idea of who is carrying the best bang for buck as we all know that plenty of fly by night companies are out there that throw things together and say this and that like its golden and wont break. I like to get actual runners opinion on these parts as I want something that is 1) going to last 2) is available for probably bulk purchase. You know or ever heard of this model arms http://www.rcplanet.com/Ofna_Front_R...p/ofn40668.htm Also as far as plugs go what number would you suggest. If it makes a big difference my weather is around the 40s and 50s
Old 02-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

I dont really know of any places that you can order in bulk. As for parts i always buy manufactuor parts, so Ofna brand in your case like the ones in the link are ofna replacments. I dont know much of rc planet, i always order thru my LHS, amainhobbies.com, or nitrohouse.com.
Plugs depend on the motor your running and turbo or standard head.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Now i don't know your location, but you might want to try and widen your search to Hong Nor X1-CRT.
Hong Nor is the real manufacturer of these trucks and ofna is just the brand name used in USA.

I live in Denmark and have owned both a Hong Nor X1X-CR buggy and a X2-CRT truggy and it took my 2 years to break a plastick part. On the buggy however the front tower is in danger when driven by a beginner like me. Not sure that would be an issue on the truck.

This site is where I did most of my hong nor shopping when I had the cars, but I'm not sure how taxes and shipping works if it needs to be mailed to the US.
At leas it will give you a part number for the official Hong Nor conversion kit.
The x2 kit should* work on x1 as well.

I converted my X1 buggy with that kit and it worked nice.

http://www.rcmodels.dk/product-6743-1.php

You can change language and currency at the top of the page, and product combined with shipping lands you at $122, unless you'll be able to track it down somewhere else.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

I'd like to that you both for the cool information that you have provided me so far. As I have been looking over a few other pics of people's truck setup that i can find it seems that most have the standard parts on it and concentrated mostly on the motor and head and wheels. Right now it is sitting with these parts on it:
New Cen .28pro off their new truggy.
new EXI B1221 throttle servo.
new Spectrum 1290 HS/MG steering servo.
new front drive shaft with cvds.
new rear drive shaft with cvds.
new high flow air-filter
new forged steel front,center,and rear diffs.
new steel spur.
new racing clutch,flywheel, bearings from Intergy.
Replaced inter & outer wheel bearings
Replaced the shocktowers with 4mm thick ones.
Front upper & lower control-arms are new but have ran a couple of times since put one.
OFNA 063 racing tune pipe.

So far does it seem like on the right track for improvements on it. thanks and will be checking around for the kit and going to see again about maybe having one fabricated from scratch if it can be done. Location Tenn, USA
Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

I JUST remembered this one!

http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=RCMCRT1

That's top quality for ya, and shipping shouldn't drain your wallet too bad
Old 02-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmac19781999
I'd like to that you both for the cool information that you have provided me so far. As I have been looking over a few other pics of people's truck setup that i can find it seems that most have the standard parts on it and concentrated mostly on the motor and head and wheels. Right now it is sitting with these parts on it:
New Cen .28pro off their new truggy.
new EXI B1221 throttle servo.
new Spectrum 1290 HS/MG steering servo.
new front drive shaft with cvds.
new rear drive shaft with cvds.
new high flow air-filter
new forged steel front,center,and rear diffs.
new steel spur.
new racing clutch,flywheel, bearings from Intergy.
Replaced inter & outer wheel bearings
Replaced the shocktowers with 4mm thick ones.
Front upper & lower control-arms are new but have ran a couple of times since put one.
OFNA 063 racing tune pipe.

So far does it seem like on the right track for improvements on it. thanks and will be checking around for the kit and going to see again about maybe having one fabricated from scratch if it can be done. Location Tenn, USA
Might want to get another throttle servo. EXI are super cheap and I have had bad luck w/ them. One lasted exactly 30 seconds, the other never worked, just went one direction and stopped there. Kaput. I think they cost $10-15 or so.

If you can't afford new, get a hitech or savox from the classified here and you'll be much better off.

Kill your car real quick if the servo goes full throttle and locks there!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the advice on the throttle servo. Ill check around on here and see what I can find. I do want to make sure it is metal gear style correct?
Old 02-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

I always recommend the ace/associated 1015 and 1313 servos.
1015 for steering and 1313 for throttle and brake. Had those since they came out and i cant complain.
Other then that you cant go wrong with Hitec.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you don't have aluminum chassis brace, buy a set from ebay. Take out the front and rear sway bar. Change the front bumper to buggy bumper. Get a one piece pipe of you are still using the plastic coupler. As far as i know, only losi 8T 1.0 is using 1/2 off set that will fit your truggy. These 1.0 tires sets are pretty cheap now. That's it!! Mine is still great!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks so much for that advice XXX123. I was not sure on the exhaust system as I know that I want to have the power there but wanted something that maybe had a silencer on it as well. By the way XXX is there any way i could get a pic of your setup just for reference purposes or anyone else here so I can see how the setup would look afterwards. Thanks fellow Rc'ers
Old 02-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

sorry for the late reply. I started mine from a RTR base. I cleaned up the grease in the diff and used 7/7/2 as i like a lot on power steering. I dont really have a set up for mine as i am not such a hardcore racer.. I also run a little bit of toe out in the front wheels. I use the highest degree toe in for the rear wheels. Level arms for the dog bones-for the shocks preload. You may experience nose high on jumps, play with the preload or shock oil. I used around 50/45 shock oil respectively. Hope this helps. If you're not racing, set up does not matter. Even you race, i fix one problem at a time. Like, if i want more steering, then.... if i want to fix the nose high on jump, then....Oh, if you have the RTR, make sure you run 6V hump pack.