Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Method RC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I got my body painted. I didn't have time to doo all the fender vents today, so I may have to work on them tomorrow at the track.

I tried to keep the scheme simple but make it stand out. I love that fluorescent yellow.

Attached Thumbnails The Method RC Thread-img_8837_1.jpg  
Old 03-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I got my body painted. I didn't have time to doo all the fender vents today, so I may have to work on them tomorrow at the track.

I tried to keep the scheme simple but make it stand out. I love that fluorescent yellow.

Looks good, I like the yellow. Should make it easy to see in those first corner battles.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

A couple observations:

1) The body handles a ton better than what I was using before. Curiously, it also jumps better.

2) It's probably not a great idea to try out a new body for the first time in the main when you mount it one step to low in the front, and it hits (this is an owner installed problem, not any fault of the body).

3) Why am I awake at 3:35am?!!111???
Old 03-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

I really like the look of these bodies, but i live in Canada and shipping is $100

Anyway it can be shipped out usps for less?

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC demon
I really like the look of these bodies, but i live in Canada and shipping is $100

Thanks.
Mine came USPS, and I live in California!
Old 03-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

It only listed FedEx and UPS for me.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks.
It only listed FedEx and UPS for me.
e-mail [email protected] and see what he can do for you for shipping to Canada. USPS is your best option for sure.

Tell Harold, Cameron said it's time for Method RC to go international!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
A couple observations:

1) The body handles a ton better than what I was using before. Curiously, it also jumps better.

2) It's probably not a great idea to try out a new body for the first time in the main when you mount it one step to low in the front, and it hits (this is an owner installed problem, not any fault of the body).

3) Why am I awake at 3:35am?!!111???
that's some funny stuff right there.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Well, I ran my SC-R with the HellCat body yesterday. We had some variable winds blowing right at two of our jumps and I was having trouble keeping the nose down. I did not get a chance to open the fender vents though, so I will them done before our next race and hopefully that will cure the problem.

This body did clear the front tires better than the Flow-Tek, but I still had a little bit of rubbing on the front fenders in the sweeper. I wish there was a way to raise the body on the SC-R mounts.

I did get quite a few comments on the body and paint scheme. Most guys like the look of it.

Chris
Old 03-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
e-mail [email protected] and see what he can do for you for shipping to Canada. USPS is your best option for sure.

Tell Harold, Cameron said it's time for Method RC to go international!
Sent. And passed on your message.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

I think part of the problem I had with the rubbing was the tires I was using (Goosebumps are a little tall). If I couldn't raise the body up a notch, I'd limit shock uptravel.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I think part of the problem I had with the rubbing was the tires I was using (Goosebumps are a little tall). If I couldn't raise the body up a notch, I'd limit shock uptravel.
Goosebumps are really tall in the middle. I think with most of the bodies I have run you get a little rubbing in the front and some in the back on landings. It might be more of a killer for 2w because it can slow that tire some but with 4w you have drive to the front wheels anyway. I run my body pretty low and it does rub at times in the high speed sweepers but it does not seem to slow me down or effect handling that I notice. The truck is faster through those section because the body is low and aerodynamics at those speeds, but every truck and driving style is different.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Goosebumps are really tall in the middle. I think with most of the bodies I have run you get a little rubbing in the front and some in the back on landings. It might be more of a killer for 2w because it can slow that tire some but with 4w you have drive to the front wheels anyway.
It was on my 2w! You could hear the tire rub against the vents and then it would go silent and hook.

I run my body pretty low and it does rub at times in the high speed sweepers but it does not seem to slow me down or effect handling that I notice. The truck is faster through those section because the body is low and aerodynamics at those speeds, but every truck and driving style is different.
I don't think I've ever had body rub phase my 4w even a little bit, not even once.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Hoping to have my SOR (Stuck On Racing) wrapped Hellcat SC body by the end of the week.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I need a new body, and REALLY want the Hellcat, but $20 for USPS shipping to Oklahoma would make it $55

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.