Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cdlowe30907

Team Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Team Losi XXX-S

Is anyone here still running the team losi xxx-s touring cars?
Old 02-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gasmachine85
I do in VTA and it works great. I balanced the car by moving the esc to the battery side. I still had to add over 100g of weight to bring it to minimum. Its light weight drive train allow you to run a tooth or two more than anyone else and still keep the motor temp down. The car has 360g + or - a couple on each wheel without the body.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Really happy to keep passing this info along. The XXXS still rocks for VTA !!
Hope the info helps.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...k-classes.html
Old 02-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks man, but i was really just kinda wanting to make small talk, lol..

Im running two currently... one in stock touring and one in super stock touring.... neither have ever been outside, only have been run on carpet.. bottom line is i love these cars. I just wish i could find more aluminum for when/if i ever decide to retire them...
Old 02-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default Any up to date information appreciated

There is a ton of information available in the old XXX-S threads and a couple newer ones started a year or two ago.

Since this car was popular and winning big races prior to the brushless and lipo transition, the one thing in short supply is advice and setups for XXX-S running brushless and lipo.
In particular what pinion spur combinations people have luck with for 13.5,17.5, 21.5 and 25.5.

One of the short comings of this ca,r compared to the 2 belt woven graphite X-Ray style chassis, was its weigh;. with Lipos this is less a handicap.

I
Old 02-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by imjonah
There is a ton of information available in the old XXX-S threads and a couple newer ones started a year or two ago.

Since this car was popular and winning big races prior to the brushless and lipo transition, the one thing in short supply is advice and setups for XXX-S running brushless and lipo.
In particular what pinion spur combinations people have luck with for 13.5,17.5, 21.5 and 25.5.

One of the short comings of this ca,r compared to the 2 belt woven graphite X-Ray style chassis, was its weigh;. with Lipos this is less a handicap.

I
Like i stated, not really worried about setups, mine are verysmooth and perform flawlessly against 6.1's and t3r's all day... im running 17.5 in one, 13.5 in the other and lipos in both.

i was just seeing if anyone had any idea where to find aluminum upgrades.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I still have mine. My XXX-S started life as a new Sport RTR many years ago, but soon after purchasing it I bought some red aluminum pieces from Dynamite and Trinity Matt Francis. Stuff like the front and rear hubs, drive hexes, battery strap and posts, motor clamp with a heatsink, and red foam front bumper. It sat on a shelf for a few years until I recently got back into the hobby. I found a brand new graphite main chassis at a hobby shop in Dallas and began restoring and converting my XXX-S to a graphite/aluminum hybrid to compete in VTA eventually. A hobby shop close to me had a bunch of legacy new-in-package Losi XXX-S parts and graphite parts so I have been able to build a very large spares collection and get other parts for the "restoration" easily.

The Dynamite stuff looks spectacular and works very well, but it is getting pretty hard to find. Your best bet is to just scour fleabay every few days or so until something pops up. The Trinity Matt Francis stuff is even harder to find, it seems. I'm sure there were other companies out there that made aluminum stuff for the one-belt wonder, but I only wanted red stuff and Dynamite and TMF fit the bill, so that's all I bought.

All mine needs now to be VTA-ready is the HPI '68 Camaro body (my favorite of the bunch), the spec wheels and tires, and a 25.5 motor and esc system. This car was sure fun running in a 19T brushed class on asphalt back in the day.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Like i stated, not really worried about setups, mine are verysmooth and perform flawlessly against 6.1's and t3r's all day... im running 17.5 in one, 13.5 in the other and lipos in both.

i was just seeing if anyone had any idea where to find aluminum upgrades.
If you're not really looking to chat about the car too much, I'd just try google searching and Ebay hunting untill you can't take it anymore. I have found everything I have needed for it with patience... the most important bit being the spur gear adapter.

You can try the WTB thread. Sounds like you just want some parts.

Fwiw, I have being doing well in silvercan and VTA classes with mine and see no reason to change. Everyone at the track sees the car run, then looks at it up close, I say "12year old chassis" and they are like

GD Times !
Old 02-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i have one that was my parts car if anyone need something. my xXXS somehow dissapared from my basement.dont need the parts car anymore. has a nice body.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default Losi XXXS

I've got roughly 10 of these cars. I have 2 speed cars, a 68 Camaro, 65 Shelby GT350, a 2010 Camaro drift car I'm working on now. I running almost 100mph in the 2 speed cars. Actually 95 & 96mph. I also have 2 regular chassis roller cars and 2 graphite rollers. I do have some aluminum parts I would be willing to get rid of. Let me know what your looking for these. I have just about all of the stock parts.
Always willing to buy extra stock plastic chassis cars or rollers w/o electronics except maybe the servo.
walrusjon likes this.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi xxxs

Yea....had to knock the dust off though....
Needed a belt and top shaft/belt tensioner. Hard ta find....2 are from Great Britain .