Wiki Posts
Search

Big Bore shocks...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Big Bore shocks...

I have an early MP9 and wanted to upgrade to the threaded shocks. Does anyone know how these compare to the kyosho? I am mainly concerned with the ability to use kyo springs, and pistons.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUGEN-MBX6R-...item416234e20f

I am a diehard Kyosho guy no question..but These are 1/2 the price of BB's and it looks like there's more spring selection....Thanks
Old 02-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by likeaboss
I have an early MP9 and wanted to upgrade to the threaded shocks. Does anyone know how these compare to the kyosho? I am mainly concerned with the ability to use kyo springs, and pistons.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUGEN-MBX6R-...item416234e20f

I am a diehard Kyosho guy no question..but These are 1/2 the price of BB's and it looks like there's more spring selection....Thanks
all the mugen springs are stiffer than kyosho springs. i have ran kyosho springs on the rear of my mugen to soften it up.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

I would just get the kyosho shocks. They are some of the best quality shocks on the market and are so smooth. They are worth the extra money for the best quality.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Go to a track in SoCal and look at how many people put Kyosho shocks on every other make of car out there. I've seen them on XRay, Mugen, Losi, Tamiya, Associated, Agama, etc. Also, nearly everyone runs Kyosho springs too, for what it's worth. Kyosho shocks are the best quality out there, and if you've already got an MP9, I definitely wouldn't put another brand of shock on there that was designed for an entirely different car.