Search

STS .28 pull-start engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Here was my truck with the STS

Old 09-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Tech Initiate

I managed to remove the piston from the conrod. I inspected the rest of the parts closer and realized they (LHS) scarred up the head button pretty good. The part of the button that sits inside the motor is okay but the shim is damaged. And well, the gouges in the outter rim looks like it will not effect anything. What the heck is up with that? i was able to remove the head/button without putting gouges in it. I don't understand how this shop is in business and I am going to file a complaint with the BBB.

Thanks for listening.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Easy, they screw engines then sell people new ones. Sounds like a great way to sell engines to me..

Nice truck does your camera have close up mode? I think we would all like to see what those butchers did to your dear STS engine..
Old 09-09-2005, 04:05 AM
Tech Initiate

The camera I used to take the pic of the truck can do close-ups. I only have my cel phone now and will try using that.

The piston head and the button.

WITH FLASH

Old 09-09-2005, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

8-0
I dont think I want to see any good quality images.. thats.... wow..

Man you must be right upset with those twits!
Old 09-09-2005, 04:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I am pissed. But with the cost of the new piston and sleeve it will kinda be like getting a Sirio .30 and an STS .28 for $285. Although, the cost of the rotostart, battery, charger, and work I did. Anyway that is how I am trying to rationalize it.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up cooling head

Originally Posted by denisz
hi, does anybody know if any aftermarket cooling heads would fit this engine?
thanks
I had an old nova race pro head off a mach .26 machined out to take sts button, works killer. As far as I know nova aren't making em yet.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default roto start..

Just a message to let people know that the one way bearing isn't strong enough for a roto start.. it slips after the first time usage, I got the roto start from the guy on here that said he had them in the UK...does STS have better one way's?

Last edited by skybolt58; 09-12-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Sounds like the one-way could be dirty? Ive had my 2 speed one-way slip when she was not so clean.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally Posted by skybolt58
Just a message to let people know that the one way bearing isn't strong enough for a roto start.. it slips after the first time usage, I got the roto start from the guy on here that said he had them in the UK...does STS have better one way's?

Do you mean the right side tornado part?
Please clean it(remove oil) and try again. Should be too much lube.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ROto Start

Well I guess I have to tear it all apart, the roto start, (small Gear) just destroyed it self... So Back to pull start if I can find one, since my original pull start broke also... I cleaned the one way, and with it being internal, how do you keep oil off it???
Old 09-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

best not to use a fuel with more than 12% oil and store your vehicle with the nose down so oil wont sit in the bearing.
I have pullstarts for the .28 motor www.racernine.com
they arent listed yet but we do have them in stock and they should be on the site by the end of the week. if you want to order one sooner email me for price.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fuel

I am running sidewinder fuel 20% nitro and 12 % oil... and the engine loves it, when I first broke in this engine I was very impressed, now it is over heating and then the pull start went, then I got the rotostart from geggs?? on ebay, and I guess since it wasn't very good made, the small gear broke in half, after I cleaned the one way... too much poop for a cheap roto start I guess... Maybe I will just get a Sirio .30 Engine for it?? parts for this sts 28 is just hard to get a a LHS...
Old 09-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

did you check our web site my computer guy got the parts we have, listed already. the roto start kits will be here by friday
Old 09-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally Posted by skybolt58
I am running sidewinder fuel 20% nitro and 12 % oil... and the engine loves it, when I first broke in this engine I was very impressed, now it is over heating and then the pull start went, then I got the rotostart from geggs?? on ebay, and I guess since it wasn't very good made, the small gear broke in half, after I cleaned the one way... too much poop for a cheap roto start I guess... Maybe I will just get a Sirio .30 Engine for it?? parts for this sts 28 is just hard to get a a LHS...
Give me a photo of the small gear. I want to know how it's broken. Maybe I can send the replacement to you. We also sell the small gear separated at a very cheap price. You can order a spare from Ryan.

When I find that it is hard to produce a perfect pull-start backplate or roto backplate,then I change the price of those parts to the cheapest compare to other manufactories. Also the piston/sleeve set. I have tried to make it better. Hope you understand. As my tests,those parts never have problem. I know that is because I know our engine and it always started at the first pull.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.