Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
Quick question.. Are any of you guys seeing excessive front tire wear from the box set up? I've been running Sweep 45's the last 3 weeks and have been going though a set per race day? I reached out to Sweep & on another thread here asking what I should expect and seem to be the odd one out in the longevity department. I was told going with the 10 degree camber blocks and 0 degree knuckles would help my wear problems.. Before I rush out and buy the 0 degree knuckles (already have the 10 degree blocks) I thought I would ask here?
I too, used to suffer the same problem when I first got into GT8.

What it turned out to be was a combination of : 1. a really exiting class of car that is far more forgiving than anything else I'd driven before and 2. A maniac driving the said car.

It took quite a bit of coaching to get me to smooth out my lines and figure out how to roll corners better by anticipating the corner more and using less brakes.

Once I'd spent time learning out these techniques, my tyre wear problem went away.

Jacko
Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I kind of figured it might be something I'm doing wrong vs a set up or product issue. I just was not sure what that was?

So your essentially saying I'm pushing the car to hard and need to drive further ahead?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
I kind of figured it might be something I'm doing wrong vs a set up or product issue. I just was not sure what that was?

So your essentially saying I'm pushing the car to hard and need to drive further ahead?
Prolly so.

If you use any of the set up sheets for any of the cars, you will have a car that won't blow tyre out.

Just gotta figure that twitchy finger on the throttle and the other bunch on the wheel and you'll be tracking like a champ.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've seen Mr Victor Vector blow through 2 FULL sets, yes I said 2 sets in one day!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone had issues with the bolt from the steeringrack removing during a race. Last weekend at the Texas Biggie we had three cobra's run into that issue and I'm not sure what the cause is. My left ackerman screw (Part#600182) completely backed out during the race. I have raced this cobra over a year and never had this problem or seen the screw loosen. To have three separate cobras experience the same thing in a race is odd. Is the answer to solve it to buy the aluminum coated servosaver (Part#600296) so you can lock tight it in?? Has anyone else run into this issue?
Old 06-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chaderick
Has anyone had issues with the bolt from the steeringrack removing during a race. Last weekend at the Texas Biggie we had three cobra's run into that issue and I'm not sure what the cause is. My left ackerman screw (Part#600182) completely backed out during the race. I have raced this cobra over a year and never had this problem or seen the screw loosen. To have three separate cobras experience the same thing in a race is odd. Is the answer to solve it to buy the aluminum coated servosaver (Part#600296) so you can lock tight it in?? Has anyone else run into this issue?
Hmmm this is interesting, cant say that I have had this pop up on mine. I'm actually glad you said something because I'm pretty sure mine is about to do this as well. I usually tighten everything up steering wise when I do set up before a race. The tightening may be wearing on the plastic just enough to cause it to break down over time. The alu upgrade seems like a legit fix or since you too have been racing this for a year it may be time for us to change them out. Let me know what your solution is, I've been eyeballing that alu upgrade any way
Old 06-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Has the kit contents changed at all since release? I'm getting ready to build myself up a second Cobra GT and am curious about the Spider gears in the diff. Does the new kit come with the V2 gears or the original ones? I need to match these cars up upgrade wise and after using the V2 spider gears I'm in love.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chaderick
We use Green Loctite on those screws. We've run many 1hr main without a problem.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Has the kit contents changed at all since release? I'm getting ready to build myself up a second Cobra GT and am curious about the Spider gears in the diff. Does the new kit come with the V2 gears or the original ones? I need to match these cars up upgrade wise and after using the V2 spider gears I'm in love.
Yes, the latest kits come with v2 spider gears and other newer bits and pieces.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

" other newer bits and pieces. "

Care to clarify ??

Always need to know the latest gossip...........

Thanks,

Jacko
Old 06-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by desotoracing
Yes, the latest kits come with v2 spider gears and other newer bits and pieces.
Awesome thanks for the info! This car just keeps getting better
Old 06-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
" other newer bits and pieces. "

Care to clarify ??

Always need to know the latest gossip...........

Thanks,

Jacko
Jacko I'll see what stands out to me and let you know. My kit right now is from about a month after release so I am just as curious to see what's all in the new kit.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had a chance to run my Cobra GT with the LRP arm stiffeners and they really made an improvement on the overall steering response of the car. Turn in and exit steering were much improved and I was able to take all 3 qualifiers and the main at a local club race.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent Cobra GT-serpent-cobra-gt-2-.jpg   Serpent Cobra GT-q1-060913.jpg   Serpent Cobra GT-q2-060913.jpg   Serpent Cobra GT-q3-060913.jpg   Serpent Cobra GT-main-060913.jpg  

Last edited by Speyederjedi; 06-10-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
Had a chance to run my Cobra GT with the LRP arm stiffeners and they really made an improvement on the overall steering response of the car. Turn in and exit steering were much improved and I was able to take all 3 qualifiers and the main at a local club race.
Congrats Daniel

Glad you like the braces
Old 06-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For sale http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-rims-new.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.