Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoyJ
The F/R bulkhead for GT8 is the same as what's used for the T8 buggy/truggy platforms, as well as for OFNA's Buggy8.

Marcus is right in that you must leave a small gap between the outer pinion bearing and the center cvd. Otherwise there will be no room for the steel to expand at operating temperature. That causes overheating, which can result in either your cvd set-screw loosening off the pinion, or deformation (melt-down) of the bearing seats in the plastic bulkhead.

Obviously a bad (dragging) bearing could cause overheating too.
What other parts are the same? Ring and pinion looks to be the same.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by jmoneym
You have in stock? Love the car otherwise.
Yup I have them and they are the new batch. I havent had a failure with a new one yet. Roy is right though, when you replace the case also replace the bearings,cheap insurance!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:16 AM
jpn
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At the NY state championship race. Day 1 during practice GT was running really good, then on my last practice tank diff cases melted. Need to stock up on parts.
Take note, I experienced the same during practice, then replaced the diff case, bearings and gear and put the gap Marcus suggested and thought all would be good, but then at our race today, the drive shaft set screw found its way to get loose after 2 tanks, tightened it, and got loose again.

After taking it apart just tonight, I found out that the driveshaft end which the gearbox pinion is inserted to and tightened with the allen set screw got out of round which I did not notice then...so make sure you check it's not out of round otherwise no matter what locktite you put it will still loosen itself if that isn't round anymore cause when set screw is tightened it will not be at center anymore...
Old 08-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Thanks for the tips. I was devastated, car was putting a smile to face during practice. To happen at a big race sucked. Didn't even want to put the Cobra back together.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

You have in stock? Love the car otherwise.
Thanks for the tips. I was devastated, car was putting a smile to face during practice. To happen at a big race sucked. Didn't even want to put the Cobra back together.
Thats a good thing I have had pretty bad luck this year with mains i hope to turn that around next year!!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi guys so I was at the NY state championship yesterday. The car worked Really good. Engine and clutch were good all day too. Marcus the Delrin 44T you sent me works really good. The car carries more speed from 1st gear to 2nd. At the race I used 44T/41T.
I finished 4th. :-)
I have to say, this car is very durable.

Last edited by Joe Kimble; 08-12-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

AWESOME MAN, CONGRATS post up your pic on the RCShox facebook when you get a chance!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok I'm looking into one of these cars. I see rcshox has the "pro kit". Is that short chassis and what makes it a pro kit. Also where is everyone getting parts? Again rcshox has some but not all. Thanks
Old 08-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 1966ss
Ok I'm looking into one of these cars. I see rcshox has the "pro kit". Is that short chassis and what makes it a pro kit. Also where is everyone getting parts? Again rcshox has some but not all. Thanks
The pro kit is basically me assembly the roller in house with all of the tricks.
I have most parts on hand they are just not on the site yet. i have a HUGE shipment coming in on wednesday and it will take me a good week to get everything added to the site, in the meantime you can always contact me for parts, i keep the most popular paarts in stock all of the time. so you will have no worries. The factory has stepped up the kits and they now include the HD oneway bearing updated gear cases and other tidbits that make the complete stock kit run great out of the box. My suggestions for upgrades:
  1. 10* c hub holders
  2. aluminum transmission mount
  3. lrp arm braces
  4. RCShox 2 stage pistons
  5. RCShox ball bearing ackerman bar
  6. TeamC hard spring set

Other than that just follow my build guide i posted up last week and you have a winner. the transmission mount allows you to use the stock brakes with no fade. I did just recieved some nice fiberglass material that i plan on making some nice rotors with soon! As you can tell, the car is really coming around and the support not only by me but of my faithfull customers nationwide has really picked up! momentum is starting to come our way!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1966ss
Hey Brett what's up. How come I didn't see you and Dave in Port Jervis?
Old 08-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
The pro kit is basically me assembly the roller in house with all of the tricks.
I have most parts on hand they are just not on the site yet. i have a HUGE shipment coming in on wednesday and it will take me a good week to get everything added to the site, in the meantime you can always contact me for parts, i keep the most popular paarts in stock all of the time. so you will have no worries. The factory has stepped up the kits and they now include the HD oneway bearing updated gear cases and other tidbits that make the complete stock kit run great out of the box. My suggestions for upgrades:
  1. 10* c hub holders
  2. aluminum transmission mount
  3. lrp arm braces
  4. RCShox 2 stage pistons
  5. RCShox ball bearing ackerman bar
  6. TeamC hard spring set

Other than that just follow my build guide i posted up last week and you have a winner. the transmission mount allows you to use the stock brakes with no fade. I did just recieved some nice fiberglass material that i plan on making some nice rotors with soon! As you can tell, the car is really coming around and the support not only by me but of my faithfull customers nationwide has really picked up! momentum is starting to come our way!
Hey Marcus what's the price on the ball bearing steering setup and when can I order one
Old 08-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by scooby61
Hey Marcus what's the price on the ball bearing steering setup and when can I order one
My machine has been broken since friday I just got it up and running last night so needless to say I am a little behind. The bar will be 29.99-34.99 depending on if i have to machine the spacers or if i can source them out ( which i havent been able to find them yet.) I will get them on the site over the weekend and start producing them on mon/tuesday. Sorry for the delay, super busy with this car lately and thats a good thing
Old 08-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Up until now all of my setups revolved around SWEEP but they will now revolve around Alpha which has been a faster tire for me anyway.
Sorry guys.

Last edited by MantisWorx; 08-14-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

oh and BTW the bodies arrived!! boxes will be here friday so everyone should have their orders by late next week!

I just want to say thank you for your support I am enjoying the ride!! days like today make me realize how far i have gotten away from the fun factor of RC, I am now rejuvinated!!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

WOW!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.