Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 PM
HHT
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
Rick will bring his own radio next time Having no brakes during the race, then running down to RD to dial in more brakes during a race doesnt work out so well Best part was JJ pitting for him, "Dad! where does the fuel go?" JK
This is the first time I've seen a racer throws his radio down to his pitman to adjust more brakes and catches it again to continue racing. Awesome pitwork.

It's a blast and I thank Marcus for building me a fantastic car to race. BTW, the steak dinner is going to be continued - DOUBLE OR NOTHING on our next outing!!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HHT
This is the first time I've seen a racer throws his radio down to his pitman to adjust more brakes and catches it again to continue racing. Awesome pitwork.

It's a blast and I thank Marcus for building me a fantastic car to race. BTW, the steak dinner is going to be continued - DOUBLE OR NOTHING on our next outing!!
Hahahaha! That was funny! That was also after his pit guy came up on the drivers stand to adjust it for him

After all of that, I heard him say he had too much brakes!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Thats kinda what i was thinking the TeamC is getting to a top speed quicker and therefore seems like it tops out quicker. numbers dont lie though!

Tabushi, what is the known gear ratio that works with that engine on your DM?
During last 6 months or so ive been using on my DM1S :

- Stock 13/43 diff crown and pinion.
- 42/46 GTV2 (same as Team C) 2 speed box.
- 17/21 Ofna clutchbell

Maybe you are right, the car is going to top speed faster than DM1S, but still amazing low end, so im pretty sure something on the 40/44 with 17/21 or 18/22 would be great ...
Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
During last 6 months or so ive been using on my DM1S :

- Stock 13/43 diff crown and pinion.
- 42/46 GTV2 (same as Team C) 2 speed box.
- 17/21 Ofna clutchbell

Maybe you are right, the car is going to top speed faster than DM1S, but still amazing low end, so im pretty sure something on the 40/44 with 17/21 or 18/22 would be great ...

Thats very tall gears i dont understand it, how many RPM's does that engine turn? it must be in the low 30's. with a lot of torque. the trend right now is basically on road high rpm engines with off road heads. maybe you should try a high end 7pt. my car with the 40t second is actually almost too much gear, will try a 41t this weekend. your the only one i know of that needs gears even remotely that tall.

With your DM ratios your second gear is 6.6!!! man thats off the chart????

so if you run the TeamC with
  • 20-41-3.9 you get 7.99
  • 21-40-3.9 you get 7.4

I run 20-40-4.3 which is 8.6, my engine is 7pt long stroke REDS and it pulls to the end of a 230' straight.

I will be honest , i think something else is going on clutch slipping, flywheel slipping, too hot of a plug?? I can see maybe a 3pt engine needing that kind of gear but 5 and 7pt should not.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:52 AM
jpn
Tech Master

What should I expect when I install the 10deg C hub? Can't wait to try it out and compare the lap times, but it would be good to know what difference should I expect over all in entry, mid corner and exit. I should have better corner speed in slow hairpins? Or is it better in sweeping fast turns?
Old 07-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jpn
What should I expect when I install the 10deg C hub? Can't wait to try it out and compare the lap times, but it would be good to know what difference should I expect over all in entry, mid corner and exit. I should have better corner speed in slow hairpins? Or is it better in sweeping fast turns?
More low speed and corner entry steering, slightly less exit steering.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:42 AM
jpn
Tech Master

More low speed and corner entry steering, slightly less exit steering.
Seems just what I need for our track here, I hope it works well.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jpn
Seems just what I need for our track here, I hope it works well.

let us know! 5* would be best but dont think it will ever happen, i modded some plastic hubs and it was really good but not very durable.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Thats very tall gears i dont understand it, how many RPM's does that engine turn? it must be in the low 30's. with a lot of torque. the trend right now is basically on road high rpm engines with off road heads. maybe you should try a high end 7pt. my car with the 40t second is actually almost too much gear, will try a 41t this weekend. your the only one i know of that needs gears even remotely that tall.

With your DM ratios your second gear is 6.6!!! man thats off the chart????

so if you run the TeamC with
  • 20-41-3.9 you get 7.99
  • 21-40-3.9 you get 7.4

I run 20-40-4.3 which is 8.6, my engine is 7pt long stroke REDS and it pulls to the end of a 230' straight.

I will be honest , i think something else is going on clutch slipping, flywheel slipping, too hot of a plug?? I can see maybe a 3pt engine needing that kind of gear but 5 and 7pt should not.

Thanks Mantisworx for your comments ...

Here in southamerica, GT Class has grown a lot ... base engine rule is USD$ 280 - 300 depending on country and event but basicall all the same.

Engines are limited to 7 ports .21 to .28 not modded.

Im factory driver of GO Engines so basically i use .21 5 ports offroad engine or .25 6 ports truggy engine (GO is developing a new engine focused on GT based on .25).

So far ive been doing great on international events, getting 1st to 3rd place and on the last couple years in 2 big events always behind Paolo Morganti from Serpent, and never felt i was low in engine power.

Here you will find 2 videos, taken on 2 different tracks / countries (Ecuador and Peru), both with same gearing ... on a DM1S :

Ecuador 2012, 2nd place behind Paolo Morganti from Serpent :
http://youtu.be/a967KB8zIzE

Lima - Peru 2013 :
http://youtu.be/mfWm60zXEY4

So i really dont know what is happening ... i need to use my engines, but if im not able to gear this chassis, i will have to go back to my DM1S ...

regards
Old 07-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Watching both videos, your car doesnt start to really pull until late on the straightaway, you are not losing ground coming out of the turns but you are also not gaining ground. This is not a bad thing as it seems to suit your driving style but your smoke isnt clearing up until way past 3/4 straight which means that the engine is being "lugged". that car is heavy so that is probably what keeps it from accelerating as quick. here is what i think you should do, get the 7pt engine gear it with a 21/40 or 21/41 and let us see it on the track. You have to realize that the engines need to wind out, its not going to hurt it. the powerband on a 7pt is high and thats where you want to keep the engine at! and most importantly watch your laptimes!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Wanted to say thanks again Marcus for all your r&d work on this chassis. Finally got a test course setup to put my gtv2e through its paces and wow what a difference! The toe block improved my stability immensely both at high speed and hard acceleration. And the arm braces made a noticable improvement in cornering speed and hard braking. I really didn't know those arms were twisting that much. All that coupled with your setup suggestions has this car feeling planted and stable. I pretty sure there will be several seconds disappearing from my lap times.
Thumbs up from a happy customer..
Old 07-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by scooby61
Wanted to say thanks again Marcus for all your r&d work on this chassis. Finally got a test course setup to put my gtv2e through its paces and wow what a difference! The toe block improved my stability immensely both at high speed and hard acceleration. And the arm braces made a noticable improvement in cornering speed and hard braking. I really didn't know those arms were twisting that much. All that coupled with your setup suggestions has this car feeling planted and stable. I pretty sure there will be several seconds disappearing from my lap times.
Thumbs up from a happy customer..

Awesome!! and you are very welcome
Old 07-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Me next please .... lol.

BM
Old 07-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by British Menace
Me next please .... lol.

BM

Your kit shipped out today! I didnt have time to install the one way but i sent you an extra one just in case.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Pre- order is up for the bodies gentlemen at RCShox.com! It will end around the 30th i should have them in my hands around the 5th and will ship out ASAP!

NISSAN GTR
Maclaren MP12
Ferrari 458

Attached Thumbnails Team C 1/8 GT car-luxory-458.jpg   Team C 1/8 GT car-mclaren-hexis-nogaro1.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.