Search

Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Like this
Nice! What about the switch?do u just plug in to turn on the electronics?
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

No switch
Old 01-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Guys help.

I just started building the car. When I put in the front lower arms, I only put a 2mm spacer,it's supposed to be 3mm spacers total right? 3mm spacers won't fit. Only 2mm will fit and there's a 0.6mm gap where the arm is moving front and back.

And when I put the front belt with the "f" letter completely vertical, the belt seems too tight. I adjusted it to the most loose possible position. Is that a problem if its in the loose position,the position the manual wants is just too tight that when u turn the center pulley, the train is not so free.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 PM
asc
Tech Initiate

I just finished putting my 747 together and have the same 2 issues as above also. (Front belt and lower front arms).

In addition I have assembled and disassembled my 2 speed trans more times than I can remember, and no matter what I do the drum seems to hit/brush against the 2 speed shoes. It seems the countersunk screws that hold the drum to the 2nd spur are brushing the front of the shoes.

Has anyone experienced this and have a fix??
Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GPXJOE
Guys help.

I just started building the car. When I put in the front lower arms, I only put a 2mm spacer,it's supposed to be 3mm spacers total right? 3mm spacers won't fit. Only 2mm will fit and there's a 0.6mm gap where the arm is moving front and back.

And when I put the front belt with the "f" letter completely vertical, the belt seems too tight. I adjusted it to the most loose possible position. Is that a problem if its in the loose position,the position the manual wants is just too tight that when u turn the center pulley, the train is not so free.
Only 2mm spacers for the front/rear wheelbase.

Regading the "f", this is your belt tension adjuster. Both left and right need to be set the same, but try each slot so the belt feels right. I think mine were in the 2nd position when first built.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Michael_T
Only 2mm spacers for the front/rear wheelbase.

Regading the "f", this is your belt tension adjuster. Both left and right need to be set the same, but try each slot so the belt feels right. I think mine were in the 2nd position when first built.
hi michael,

thanks for the response. but just to be clear about the front lower arms. should the lower arms have a "play" or a looseness of around 0.6mm if you move the arm frontwards to backwards? the reason im asking this is because if yes there should be a play, doesnt that make the wheelbase of the front unstable?or am i just over reacting? is this 0.6mm gap NEGLIGIBLE?

and in the first place, if it should have only a 2mm spacer total, why is there a 3mm spacer included in the box?

im thinking of sanding down a 2mm spacer to make it around 1.5mm then add that to a 1mm spacer to make a total 2.5mm.and il see what happens. unless michael says otherwise. is the car supposed to have that 0.6mm play?

abou the belt,i really dont know what amount of belt tension "feels good" but all i know from my friends is this, the more free the drive train, the less resistance in the engine, connecting rod and clutch. please enlighten me because the expert i used to ask switched to electric cars and has moved.

thanks in advance michael
Old 01-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

hi michael,

thanks for the response. but just to be clear about the front lower arms. should the lower arms have a "play" or a looseness of around 0.6mm if you move the arm frontwards to backwards? the reason im asking this is because if yes there should be a play, doesnt that make the wheelbase of the front unstable?or am i just over reacting? is this 0.6mm gap NEGLIGIBLE?

and in the first place, if it should have only a 2mm spacer total, why is there a 3mm spacer included in the box?

im thinking of sanding down a 2mm spacer to make it around 1.5mm then add that to a 1mm spacer to make a total 2.5mm.and il see what happens. unless michael says otherwise. is the car supposed to have that 0.6mm play?

abou the belt,i really dont know what amount of belt tension "feels good" but all i know from my friends is this, the more free the drive train, the less resistance in the engine, connecting rod and clutch. please enlighten me because the expert i used to ask switched to electric cars and has moved.

thanks in advance michael
To me that play isnt a big deal, but make sure the piece that holds the pins in is nice and straight. Im talking about the one that mounts on the side of the bulk head.

As for the belts dont make them tight or too loose. The belts will stretch a little after use and you dont want them slipping. Hope that helps.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
To me that play isnt a big deal, but make sure the piece that holds the pins in is nice and straight. Im talking about the one that mounts on the side of the bulk head.

As for the belts dont make them tight or too loose. The belts will stretch a little after use and you dont want them slipping. Hope that helps.
it helps Rui thanks!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

it helps Rui thanks!
The arms should have as little play as possible, while still moving free, 0,6mm is a little to much for my taste.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:30 AM
asc
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by asc
I just finished putting my 747 together and have the same 2 issues as above also. (Front belt and lower front arms).

In addition I have assembled and disassembled my 2 speed trans more times than I can remember, and no matter what I do the drum seems to hit/brush against the 2 speed shoes. It seems the countersunk screws that hold the drum to the 2nd spur are brushing the front of the shoes.

Has anyone experienced this and have a fix??
Anyone have any comments on the 2 speed issue??
Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc
Anyone have any comments on the 2 speed issue??
This is normal with a fresh shoe. I sand a little material from the two speed shoes until it spins freely.

Pass you soon...
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

I don't use the other 2 set screws. But this also wears the shoe a bit faster
Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

@Kraceway
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012-image.jpg  
Old 01-11-2013, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

anyone know the difference between the standard kit "black" shock pistons, and the optional "white" shock pistons (part 160118)?

Eg: 2 hole black piston vs 2 hole white piston?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 AM
asc
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lil-bump
This is normal with a fresh shoe. I sand a little material from the two speed shoes until it spins freely.

Pass you soon...
Thanks for your help, I already tried sanding the shoe, but I will sand a little more and hopefully be ok.

Also, can someone please explain the setup sheet to me - with Ackerman adjustment (standard sheet) - do the black dots represent where the screws are supposed to go e.g. On the stock setup to the rear and to the outside, or where the holes are, to the front and closer together?

This also relates to the shock pistons, one hole has a dot on each, should I be using the 1 hole pistons, or does this mean 3 hole?

Appreciate the help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.