Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Here's an idea...A weekly internet radio show about the world of R/C Cars..... >

Here's an idea...A weekly internet radio show about the world of R/C Cars.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here's an idea...A weekly internet radio show about the world of R/C Cars.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Smile Here's an idea...A weekly internet radio show about the world of R/C Cars.....

with the proliferation of internet radio shows covering all sorts, from wrestling to pet fish I wonder if this has ever been done or is there in fact one already?

I'd envisage a prerecorded show 1-2 hours long with info and articles about what's hot what's not etc with email from listeners being answered, perhaps factory drivers as guests?

With the show being available for download from a site such as RcTech.

Not something I could do here so well.....

Just a thought.

Oh but I get to pick the name if you do cause it was my idea. :P

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 01-06-2005 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:46 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

we tried this a few years back, the problem we ran into was bandwidth. but we just expieremented, it would be cool, if someone started.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Unhappy Bugger....

so much for it being an original idea.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Not a bad idea Mabuchi540. It'd have to be a shoutcast stream or something, and to work would probably have to come from the USA to have access to pro drivers and unlimited data links..

I would listen, if it was in the right time zone, but then again i am an internet junkie - i work on the internet and use my computer most nights; but how many racers use thier computer at nights? I dont wish to detract from the idea though, I think it would be good and has worked with other online communities such as Online Gaming (Counter-Strike players used to have an online radio service that worked well; i never tuned in however..).

For the right person with the right amount of bandwidth it would be quite achieveable with a minimal outlay (a regular PC and easily attainable microphones from any electronics store would work fine). Hopefully someone takes the idea, and runs!