Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

NEW HB comp touring

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Lord

Will this give a push to design a new 1/8 too?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Originally Posted by lil-bump
This car is definitely turning heads. But I believe this is the home track of the gents running this car. I would like to see this car away from it's home track.

Pass you soon...
+1 home track advantage+top drivers in the world, great results for HB R10
Old 11-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinoy69racer
uLOL
Old 11-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinoy69racer
Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
uLOL
Let's be honest here and realize that EVERY team had the opportunity to test before the event at the track and for those that didn't it's their loss and can't go around bitching about it. Damn near every track in the world is someone's home track when it comes to a big event.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Let's be honest here and realize that EVERY team had the opportunity to test before the event at the track and for those that didn't it's their loss and can't go around bitching about it. Damn near every track in the world is someone's home track when it comes to a big event.

http://www.redrc.net/2012/10/xray-as...llenge-report/
Old 11-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
I see your point; but running on a track for a week or so before a race. and running on a track for 6 months solid before a race is totally different. IMHO

Pass you soon...
Old 11-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I see your point; but running on a track for a week or so before a race. and running on a track for 6 months solid before a race is totally different. IMHO

Pass you soon...
Again reread my post to truly grasp what I am saying. If the manufacturer is serious enough about being competitive then they will spare no expense to ensure that they are competitive, just like it was Serpent's choice not to do pre-event testing it was also Serpent's and every other manufacturers choice to do pre-event testing. You (not you directly) can't bitch, complain and cry if you don't do well if you didn't take advantage of spending the time doing testing. Once again damn near every track in the world is someone's home track so when a driver does well is that the default reason, it was his home track, that's so weak. Although I drive for HB I'm not trying to defend how we did but rather point out the weakness of character that invariably some drivers/teams are going to exhibit because they don't have the strength of character to be honest with themselves about their lack of competitiveness.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Again reread my post to truly grasp what I am saying. If the manufacturer is serious enough about being competitive then they will spare no expense to ensure that they are competitive, just like it was Serpent's choice not to do pre-event testing it was also Serpent's and every other manufacturers choice to do pre-event testing. You (not you directly) can't bitch, complain and cry if you don't do well if you didn't take advantage of spending the time doing testing. Once again damn near every track in the world is someone's home track so when a driver does well is that the default reason, it was his home track, that's so weak. Although I drive for HB I'm not trying to defend how we did but rather point out the weakness of character that invariably some drivers/teams are going to exhibit because they don't have the strength of character to be honest with themselves about their lack of competitiveness.
How other teams prepared for this race has no bearing on my point. If the Serpent team passed on pre-testing on this track so be it.(Yes I'm a Serpent Fan). My point is.. I will not judge the performance of this car on a race where the drivers are hometown favorites and if the R&D testing for this car was also done on this track.

Pass you soon...
Old 11-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

http://www.hpiracing.com/press/108382.html

Jeez i hope places don't try and sell these at the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

How other teams prepared for this race has no bearing on my point. If the Serpent team passed on pre-testing on this track so be it.(Yes I'm a Serpent Fan). My point is.. I will not judge the performance of this car on a race where the drivers are hometown favorites and if the R&D testing for this car was also done on this track.

Pass you soon...
This is true, also RedRC pictures of Hara's car show he isn't running it final specification that a end user would be purchasing if it wins the Worlds and they are purchasing for that reason.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm not even an HB fan but the cars performance by having a total of three cars entered and having all three be in the top 4 at one point in the event shows the cars capability....

Their serious approach to racing shows that they are serious about bringing a competitive product....

All these Manufacturers are asking $600.00 which is serious money for a roller. You would think they want to sell their brand as a serious about racing which these Kits are intended for.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm curious what clutch will be included with the kit?? The one in pics of Teemu's car looks like a capricorn clutch.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scott B
I'm curious what clutch will be included with the kit?? The one in pics of Teemu's car looks like a capricorn clutch.
I agree, i said the same to myself
Old 11-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Track time or not, teemus car flat out turns on a dime, and Carries more corner speed than anything on the track, he made like 3mistakes n still made 40lps, at one point when he let hara by, he almost completely stopped, nobody got nothing for him rightnow, jilles cap is good, but he looks to b driving much harder than teemu to keep the pace.......meens car is really good also
Old 11-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scott B
Edit: I was wrong, Teemu is using a Capricorn Clutch to match his Capricorn Kevlar pulley set

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 11-16-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.