Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Spintec Battery Manager >

Spintec Battery Manager

Spintec Battery Manager

Old 07-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
First let the rest of the readers also know that this guy is yelling about stick pack numbers and not ladder style batteries where the Batman was designed for. He is hooking up his BATMAN to the connector and not the neg and pos cell like the rest of us. He has complained and complained even after Erik explained that the length of wire can create a difference and throw off the readings....
I have had a couple packs through wierd numbers but not often and not that weird.
But I unlike most....do what the instuctions tell me....Charge my packs, run my packs for 5 minutes....(i.e. A race) then pull the pack out and put it right on the Batmen (as Chris was so kind to point out) this also gives me the same type of readings each and every time. You might get weird numbers from a fully charged pack..at least that is what Erik said like 10 pages ago but hey complain all you like.......The BATMAN Works....works so well Trinity made a cheap copy that looks like and sounds like a duratrash I mean duratraxx model......If it doesn't work than why are pors using it...Get your facts strait. Use the BATMAN like it is designed for and then complain if it throws weird numbers....

OH but wait a second I believe the ERIK also said to you (e_mo_70) that if you wearn't satisfied that you could send it in and ERIK would send you a new one....SO now who is being a basher...the guy who said if it is wrong send it in for a free replacement or the guy who just wants to complain about a possible faulty model...Grow up and take this fight to ERIK non of use want to here your complaints any longer.
-Shookie <><
Man your arrogance has no limit ... do you belive everybody is an idiot ?

The manual state:
"Discharging a fully charged battery can take more than two hours due to the Coolflex technology."

I have not found in the manual anything that state that BatMan shoudl not be used with fully charge battery, and or number are accurate only if used after 5 min race .... Can you also define what does mean 5 minutes race ? Stock class , mod, brushless ?????

The manual as well don't say anything about that only "ladder style" should be used with BatMan and/or inaccurate reading can be expected with stick packs !

After I have change the original croccrodile connector with a deans, now I don't have anymore the problem that BatMan was resetting in the maintenance mode !

I can agree that the Internal resistance reading is wrong in case I change the connector .... but the measure of mAh is not effect by the quality of the connector !

e_lm_70

PS: Even if I'm stating that this BatMan is a good product , still you have to try to discredit me using any possible false reason !
Old 07-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by e_lm_70
Man your arrogance has no limit ... do you belive everybody is an idiot ?

The manual state:
"Discharging a fully charged battery can take more than two hours due to the Coolflex technology."

I have not found in the manual anything that state that BatMan shoudl not be used with fully charge battery, and or number are accurate only if used after 5 min race .... Can you also define what does mean 5 minutes race ? Stock class , mod, brushless ?????

The manual as well don't say anything about that only "ladder style" should be used with BatMan and/or inaccurate reading can be expected with stick packs !

After I have change the original croccrodile connector with a deans, now I don't have anymore the problem that BatMan was resetting in the maintenance mode !

I can agree that the Internal resistance reading is wrong in case I change the connector .... but the measure of mAh is not effect by the quality of the connector !

e_lm_70

PS: Even if I'm stating that this BatMan is a good product , still you have to try to discredit me using any possible false reason !

e_lm_70

i will not argue with you and this is my final response, okay? you've made your point, i think? you've argued with not only the owner of the company but other satisfied customers. are you done? if you are NOT happy, send it back to Erik in Europe. Send me an invoice via paypal for your shipping costs. HECK, i'll purchase an integy reactor, trinity dyna pulse... or a novak smart tray for you. your choice. they dont give out any numbers, they just discharge. i'll do this just this all ends. its not helping anyone out.

i wont attack you, because arguing on the internet (like a fellow racer once told me) is like the special olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded.

i will point out though, that some readers/members of this forum have kindly pointed out they have experienced inconsistent numbers but have stated that their batteries have peaked higher and charged longer (see posts above). which i can assume (they can confirm for me) that it has performed better at the track?

let me ask you this, have you used your packs at all? or do you just charge and discharge at home to get results? because you wont know until you've tried it. and again i will assume you havent used your packs yet. just cycling at home.

im going to leave it at that. if you are unhappy, send it back to Erik. ill cover your shipping. scan your receipt for shipping and email it to me. [email protected] thats also my paypal address. you want another discharger, let me know. I'll hook you up.

remember, praise in public, punish in private. since you had a problem with the battery manager, you should have brought it up with erik privately. imagine a product you develop and worked hard on, then have someone in PUBLIC bash you for it? no one likes to be shown up in front of their peers.

thats all, i've said my piece.

im going back to discharging my packs. i need to beat Ghostfit and JDM_DOHC_SiR to 9999 cycles first!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
I quit paying attention to the numbers after about 3 cycles. Do I win?

Numbers ? ....wat numbers ?

............OH ! ...you mean those pretty red LED lights !
Think I better go buy a pair of reading glasses !
Old 07-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
e_lm_70

im going back to discharging my packs. i need to beat Ghostfit and JDM_DOHC_SiR to 9999 cycles first!
I would take some of this action except I know you race much more than I do...so I will just throw in the towel....LOL although when I hit 9999 on each of my two...at least I get two pictures on the wall...LOL
-SHookie <><
Old 07-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by e_lm_70
e_lm_70

It's quite clear wat your intentions are ! .....in the ICC charger thread, you are bashing the ICC saying it would'nt work etc.
wtf ! .....the ICC isn't even released or available yet and you're trying to slime it !

Makes me wonder, ....you're working for Trinity or wat ?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

LOL....Yea Trinity needs the help...LOL

Originally Posted by Ghostfit
It's quite clear wat your intentions are ! .....in the ICC charger thread, you are bashing the ICC saying it would'nt work etc.

wtf ! .....the ICC isn't even released or available yet and you're trying to slime it !

Makes me wonder, ....you're working for Trinity or wat ?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, I used it for the first time last weekend. The shop owner has one so he let me borrow it. I didn't pay attention to the numbers and what not. So I ran a pack that is 6 months old, then hooked it up, let the discharge does its thing.... Then on Tuesday I put the pack on the Smart Tray, discharged it down to .7, then charged it back up. I also forgot to charge my pack on time, so I had to charge it a 7a instead of my normal 6a. Now this is an old 3300 Surge pack, but whatever the Spintech did, even charging at 7a linear, my packed peaked at 37xxmah on the Much More charger. When I used to put the pack on the Integy/MR 0 discharge tray for 48 hours, step charging only gets to about 38xxmah.

I wouldn't necessary say with one use I'm a believer, but probably will borrow it again to use it a couple more time on the same pack to see if there is any improvement.

Dom

Last edited by litespeed-dom; 07-28-2005 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

I've said this before, but I'll say it again just to make it clear
Don't keep track of your packs off the Spintec's numbers, keep track of them with a "normal" discharger, like the CE T35. You will see that the numbers will begin to improve after using the Spintec. Now, this is not to say that the Spintec is inaccurate or false, but it does not give numbers that are as useful as those from a linear discharge.

(I sound like I work for Spintec now, lol)
Old 07-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

LOL, I look at it this way,

Most of us here use Metric system right ? .....However, there are some who uses the Imperial system, you wun be able to compare the 2 to each other unless you know the conversion factor.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Ghostfit
LOL, I look at it this way,

Most of us here use Metric system right ? .....However, there are some who uses the Imperial system, you wun be able to compare the 2 to each other unless you know the conversion factor.

1inch = 2.54 cm

Old 07-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Can someone give me a easy way to try out the BATMAN (I will have a used one coming this weekend)

I have (2) 1-1/2 years old 3300 matched pack.......should I

(1) Charge them full by using 5.5 amps (thats what I usually charge them for longer run time)
(2) Then DISCHARGE it by using BATMAN?

or

(2) Discharge it by the charger (discharge function) at 20 amps (that is the max)

(3) then put it onto the BATMAN for final discharge

(4) Put it onto the smart tray

(5) Charge it back up and see the different..?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

I've done most of my BattMan runs on full charge, but Mr. Shookie noted that sometimes this will result in odd numbers (this happened to me once - I noted in an earlier post). So it's probably best, if possible, to run your batts for 5 minutes and then put them on the BattMan. Once the BattMan is done, you can tray them to equalize.

My batteries are already taken a few hundred more mah than they did before I started using the BattMan. Amazing product!
Old 07-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Can someone give me a easy way to try out the BATMAN (I will have a used one coming this weekend)

I have (2) 1-1/2 years old 3300 matched pack.......should I

(1) Charge them full by using 5.5 amps (thats what I usually charge them for longer run time)
(2) Then DISCHARGE it by using BATMAN?

or

(2) Discharge it by the charger (discharge function) at 20 amps (that is the max)

(3) then put it onto the BATMAN for final discharge

(4) Put it onto the smart tray

(5) Charge it back up and see the different..?

Thanks

Try it this way...

discharge and charge the way you NORMALLY do it. Run the pack at a track (mod, stock 19T...silver can..whatever you run) for 5 mins.

take the pack off... throw it on the Spintec BatMan. (remember the numbers, specifically the IR)

a week later.. do your same process (since you discharged a week earlier on the Batman, your battery will hover around 5.4V) equalize it like you normally do. charge it up. (should notice a slight difference in final voltage and MAH) run it for 5 mins again (same type motor) for 5 mins. take the pack off.. throw it on the Batman. compare the your current IR reading with your old one.

a week later.. run it again.. you should "feel" a difference. and notice a higher mah and voltage also

btw... your IR will eventually TOP OUT somewhere. where it wont go any lower. so you cant keep using the Batman on your batteries hoping to get your IR down to 2 or 4 for the entire pack. eventually it reach its max...and just stay there. its a concept called diminishing returns. you can only do so much of something before it stops being effective.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Guys...thanks for the quick respond........I think I know what to do, except, don't have a place to RUN the car for 5 minutes except my driveway...that will take more then 15 minutes.....by running 3'x3' circle...but I think I would do that instead of discharging it thru the batman.

I will take a note on the IR, and 100% agree, eventually, it will topped out, the pack will never be BETTER then that stage...otherwise, whos buying new cells?

But I will keep an eye on the CHARGING period...espeically on the MAH #...like I mentioned before, these pack will never take more then 2800mah before...if I sees 3000 or more, this thing SURELY works...and if these packs can last me 5 minutes with 8x1 motor.........then the batman DOES WORK - period.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Hi,

Can this also be used on 4-cell packs?

-Rich

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.