Search

Kyosho?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
this thread is great alot of speculation and hearsay i will join in
i hve driven losi ae mugen kyosho xray for me all were good except the kyosho it was great recently switched to 8.2 thinking since my son 9yrs old will be racing rookie nitro class this year i could save by running cheaper car well the 8.2 is good but not consistent like the k car and my ae
kit 550
rear hubs 80
different springs 30
shock pistons 15
older upper arms that dont bend 15
thats almost 700 for one car
parts wise is same on plastics k steel is little pricey but not bad
kyosho felt like new after 2 gallons
ae felt loose after .5 gallon
i am in process of going back to kyosho just need to get one more for e buggy
will not leave the brand anytime soon love the k car super easy to drive is wy i like them so much
no matter how overpriced they are
+1 on that, I don't blame you. Drive what you like. Some people buy what they can afford, some buy for other reasons but at the end of the day just buy what.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Its the driver man not the car
Right on, Tebo is the Top Dog Out there along with King. Ill bet both will do well with anything.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes I like these kind of debates, keep it coming, i'm just saying I think Losi is the best vehicle period!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pcfriend
Yes I like these kind of debates, keep it coming, i'm just saying I think Losi is the best vehicle period!!!
so losi is the period of all the other brands?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Losi is on the rag??? at the worlds there all top drivers, all of them... kyosho still got 8 wc. With that many great drivers it is not just the driver.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER
certain words from a certain new kyosho drivers pit man would stun all you kyosho haters... was funny to see some faces when he said it
Now you know you can't just say that and not tell us more...
Old 01-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

let me say it's the very high standard of Kyosho, as well as yen conversion to dollar, really bad right now :/
Old 01-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pitpop
let me say it's the very high standard of Kyosho, as well as yen conversion to dollar, really bad right now :/
that doesn't make sense to me.. why isn't Mugen priced ridiculously?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicker619
that doesn't make sense to me.. why isn't Mugen priced ridiculously?
Even thou Mugen is a Japan company like Kyosho it's long been known Mugen outsources alot of it's manufacturing. Mugen is VERY specific on the spec of materials used and process to build it's products but they save money by outsourceing. Kyosho has been rumored to do this but most shoot that theory down. I'm pretty confident that kyosho and Xray are the only 2 manufacturers that make everything in house. Hence why prices are so high. Ever priced Xray aftermarket aluminum hubs or shock towers? They make Serpent and Kyosho look cheap LOL

But back to the original point of this thread I still can't understand why the new STRR-Evo is so much money? The only major upgrades are threaded shocks, new ring and pinions and a new body?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER
so losi is the period of all the other brands?
If that's your interpretation! Just Go With It.

Keep smiling and winning TLR.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
Losi is on the rag??? at the worlds there all top drivers, all of them... kyosho still got 8 wc. With that many great drivers it is not just the driver.
When Kyosho win every race every time then I will believe your way of thinking, so you are telling me that if I go buy a pair of Jordans then I can play in the NBA, I'm 5'8 by the way and can't jump, it's got to be the shoes.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pcfriend
When Kyosho win every race every time then I will believe your way of thinking, so you are telling me that if I go buy a pair of Jordans then I can play in the NBA, I'm 5'8 by the way and can't jump, it's got to be the shoes.
I too am 5'8" and thought about trying out for the NBA after buying Jordans. I can dunk on the 6' rims at the middle school, but am no closer to the NBA than you are my friend.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Losi is good car but does wear fast if stay ontop of it is grear car but
Your losi
Kit 500 spindles inclined ones plus rear hubs plus alum. Lrc pin holders and wala your at 800 or so any way so is k really that much
All in all i think yes driver is what wins worlds but also has to do with car and cars endurance thst is why neither ryan from ae have won with the rc8 it was breaking alot i think cav. Or tebo will won the next one
Also think losi will have 3.0 out same time but need a young super fast guy to wheel and step up old regime aint getting it anymore drakes as nice az it gets ut off pace at the big ones now
Old 01-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally Posted by 305M3
I too am 5'8" and thought about trying out for the NBA after buying Jordans. I can dunk on the 6' rims at the middle school, but am no closer to the NBA than you are my friend.
Lol, you didn't buy the right color Jordan's, you need the lime green
Old 01-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
Losi is good car but does wear fast if stay ontop of it is grear car but
Your losi
Kit 500 spindles inclined ones plus rear hubs plus alum. Lrc pin holders and wala your at 800 or so any way so is k really that much
All in all i think yes driver is what wins worlds but also has to do with car and cars endurance thst is why neither ryan from ae have won with the rc8 it was breaking alot i think cav. Or tebo will won the next one
Also think losi will have 3.0 out same time but need a young super fast guy to wheel and step up old regime aint getting it anymore drakes as nice az it gets ut off pace at the big ones now
Well I see your point, but don't force me, let me decide if I want all the hop ups, I love Losi, with Losi you have choices with Kyosho and what I am reading you just buy everything no matter what, it's not fair. Kyosho fans should go on strike, this is a travesty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.