Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Tiger TS4N Aluminum Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thunder Tiger TS4N Aluminum Upgrades

Hey all,

First post on this forum as I'm after a few answers regarding my Thunder Tiger TS4N

Since this is my first post - a little about me:

I got myself a .12 Thunder Tiger TS4N a few years back and had a play around with it then, but then I put it in the shed and it's been there for a few years now.
I got it out of the shed because we was building a Giga Crusher and wanted the joys of having my own car to play around with.
So it's been stripped down and had most of the bushings replaced with bearings and everything rolls and runs smooth now. It's got a .12 engine which runs a lot better than expected as I thought it was a bit down on compression.

But anyways, after some fun out the front of my house it had a few encounters with the curbs and the radio gear housing plate mount has snapped and just through wear and tear, the front camber adjusters and some other screw holes Have become threaded.
I temporarily bodged the top plate mounts with some plastic body filler adhesive, but to fix (and improve most of all) I wanted to get my hands on some aluminium bits (the whole car depending on costs) but searching the web I either can't find what I'm looking for or they're all being sold separately, so prices add up quite quickly.

Could anyone point me in the right direction where I can get my hands on maybe a full aluminium conversion kit, what are the best makes etc (I'vhebron told to say away from GPM?) or maybe a cheap spares or repairs car which would suit my funds better.

Thanks would appreciate any input,

Rob
Old 01-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Lord

Plastic or aluminium parts does not matter, it will stay the same car in the basic of the designed suspension with all its limits. You want to spend money to get a good performing car? Look arround for a used Xray NT1!