Wiki Posts
Search

WHAT IS THE PLAN FOR M.S.R.A.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sinjitsu
When is Test and Tune? I'm not an MSRA member yet, so I am getting little info.
March 18th.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/msra-mem...arch-18th.html
Old 04-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So apparently there's an onroad track and another offroad track in the works....both within 15 mins of my house and no one was going to tell me!?!?! LOL. I'll try to get out there one of these weekends. Would really enjoy running nitro onroad.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FlyinRazorback
So apparently there's an onroad track and another offroad track in the works....both within 15 mins of my house and no one was going to tell me!?!?! LOL. I'll try to get out there one of these weekends. Would really enjoy running nitro onroad.
Wow now this is a name from the past. How are you Mike? Come check us out, we will be there this Saturday for a while and then the Sunday after Easter. We are also going to start trying to have Wednesday practice starting this Wednesday.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The name of this thread says it all. Let me ask, "What are the racing plans for MSRA for 2013?" It was extremely quiet for 2012 and was wonder it there will be any racing in Memphis for this year. Hate to see the Beat the Heat and Fall Brawl races fall by the wayside because I have always had fun racing those races with you guys.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

hopefully we will be burning some NITRO FUEL!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Factory Seal
hopefully we will be burning some NITRO FUEL!
Anyone interested in getting into nitro, I can get them on the road quickly. All you need is electronics. See the for sale section.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by champ3
Anyone interested in getting into nitro, I can get them on the road quickly. All you need is electronics. See the for sale section.
thats a good buy on that hotrod and stuff......Hey Dr. P.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

This is a Quote from bob stormer in a post he made in the on road thread "national point system"
Feel it has some valuable points in it conserning turnout ..

I don't know that they would be advertising to their own market. How many Traxxas cars at Vegas this year? None. that's how many. So I don't know that you could call it their market. It's their industry, but we are not the market, not exactly.

My personal opinion is that even when they (Traxxas) started the market (short course trucks, the Slash). We all made it "better", demanded more high performance race vehicles, and Bammo, now very little actual Slash racing at the tracks. In a scenario where we could have gotten Traxxas (just an example, could be any of the companys) to get on board because there WAS legitimate value in it at that time. Nope, we told them there stuff wasn't good enough so they took the big bat and swung it at the NHRA, and the various full size series events. They are making sure, that they don't need us to race their cars. We, as racers, can't be trusted to make decent decisions for them, so they are making the decisions for themselves. Just my opinion.

We have zero spectators in RC because we are lazy and selfish. (and I don't mean that to sound negative, it's more descriptive). When we were out in public, in the parking lots, racing wherever you could set up a track, it was better, as people saw us. People looking for something to do, saw US!!! But that takes time and organization to set up a track like that, and it gets old as usually it's the same 3-4 people in any club, thanklessly doing all the work. Even our own track here at Stormer Hobbies.... go ahead and guess who puts in the majority of the time working on our track... yea, that would be me. 95% of the work on our track is done by me personally. I call it my "garden". :P But I enjoy the work, and it puts a smile on my face to see people enjoy it. Not everybody enjoys it that way. As time went on, we all thought, "you know what would be cool? If we had our own full time dedicated track". Setup all the time, not dependent on the weather, not as much setup and tear down... etc. Which of course is usually an abandoned old warehouse in the middle of nowhere. Now, we're racing in front of ourselves.

It's not about expense either. I've grown weary over the years explaining to people that having a $200 RTR car is NOT going to help get warm bodys to the track. It's not about the expense, or there would be no logical way to explain a local motocross event with 400+ entrys with trailers full of $7000 bikes, and the local RC event, 12-15 guys...

#1 thing we gotta do is stop hiding. Our guys here at Stormer Hobbies are skipping out on going to the ROAR nats in Texas, so we can instead attend an RC car race at a Massive car show in Minneapolis. One of those races will be better for the sport than the other. I didn't say more important, I said better for the sport and it's growth. I'll support a car show race every time. Even if there was no timing system. It's that important.

You want a national points system with sponsors and money and TV time? We gotta stop hiding. Nobody is going to give $$$$ in support to a room with 90 guys in it hiding from the public with no spectators.

Even the movie "carpet racers". Loved it. Appreciate the time it took and somebody to do the HUGE amount of work. To much whining from the racers for my taste. Who wants to hang out with dudes that whine or look bitter? BUT, drama sells, I get it.... Gets viewers, but I don't know that it attracts anybody.

Just like the show "goldrush" on TV. I watch it for the Drama... I have ZERO desire to go gold mining based on the crap they have to put up with.

Don't even start me on what it takes to be on TV, I can go on for hours about it with years of first hand experience. It would probably be great for the industry, I can all but guarantee you that 90% of you would NOT be happy with the actual outcome as it pertains to you personally. Welcome to Pandora's box. And it says, "you can be on TV" on the outside of it.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

with the MSRA putting on halftime shows at MonsterJam 3 years in a row,Setting up tables,displaying RC cars (offroad),shaking hands, and passing out fliers for two hobby shops....and the MSRA...during the pit party autograph sessions...putting on halftime shows ,jumping backflip ramps,60 feet up...lol...Causing havoc in front of 10,000 people....the hobby shops never had anyone come in with a flier,with the 10% first purchase discount....the traxxas monster truck even had a few 1/10th offroaders one year and noone went into a shop to buy anything......

after all that we got 1 serious driver the second year......He now rides harleys for fun.......

IMO...Location has little to do with it .....the location of Little Taladega had no impact on the 250 entry nats......talk about out of site..LOL!

Word of mouth did that.........People talking of the great racing...and track...

with an awesome track tons of bite,Banking in every turn and striaght,great tire wear.....We had the same handfull every week last summer.....all you gotta do is setup and run your stuff..

we will be doing it again this summer......

I do agree with you that people in whatever club should be traveling and getting the word out about there local scene.....Promotion within your perspective sport.....word of mouth is better than any TV AD.....Well unless its during the SUPER BOWL!...LOL!

Car shows have always worked well for the msra...........been a few years though....we did gain racers from it...

RC has never been a spectator sport.....the spectators are the racers...LMAO!

DRAMA,Draws viewers...not racers.....i watch wild alaska and goldrush very entertaining,I sure wouldn't want to live there...or do that........LOL!

good Luck with your racing series.....
Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Good Post Justin and I agree 100% me seeing some
Guys in a parking lot in front of hobby shop about 10 years ago peaked my intrest now I didn't start actually on road racing till about 3 years ago but I owned RC cars the whole time playing in my back years and in my local parks parking lot with other friends I got into
It.. Then came along we was looking for something different so sort of racing with alot more people a quick search on the net brought me to the MSRA we came out and watched a race and we was hooked and loved it.. While we sucked bad at it we still enjoyed and by the end of that year I had seen about 3 kids or so into it and it just failed.. Why did it fail?? To many attitudes in my opinion.. Alot of people was there for them selves and not to help others luckily o found about 5 or 6 guys willing to help us newbies the rest stay to them selves even in the big races people brought in there trailers and stayed to them selves... One of my biggest remembrances from a big race in Memphis I think it was beat the heat we had to go to a guy to get the spec tires he was in his trailer well finally after we all found it and who it was.. Excuse my language the guy was a total A$$ to myself and my friends with me some younger guys that just started said the same thing.. I'm sorry u may think your gods gift to the RC world but if you want Praticapates in any race u must be understanding and friendly to all from the guy that's done it for 20 years to the guy that just started today an I never felt that feeling there was a few that reached out and helped with anything.. But there was others that had assume u not even come and let them race...I am a business owner in several different things and that's how buisness fail it starts at the top and
Goes down..I recently attended my first offroad race a couple weeks ago after taking off the past 2 years and I loved it most of
The guys was very nice and willing to help with anything then there was a few that was just rude and kept to them selves and there little
Click.. You want it to grow come out of your trailer,tent, or pit space and find out who the new people are even people
U have seen for weeks but never talked to.. Go find those guys ask them how they like everything, if they need help with anything or need help understanding anything.. No I'm not saying work on there cars or anything but give them pointers be friendly and inviting.. So with all that said were exactly is the old trailer and pipe?? The stationary track is great for the people in the hobby but once a month or once ever 2 months set up the track at the hobby shop get the people to looking at it that's driving by, because if you don't in a few years there will be no new intrest because people
Will just not know about it!!

Sorry to rant on this is just my point of view from a newbie that got into it and seen and experienced what I saw and witnessed from everyone... Maybe ever who is over the MSRA and the track now will listen instead of critize!!

I heard so many time Justin Lyons was the reason the track failed and him and Sean had a beef against each other I was a new guy coming in and Justin was the first that helped me out and my friends not anyone else.. Sean also helped out in questions I had but yet he was also pushing offroad which is what he liked and understandable but it seems that small feud on what ever it was based on ruined the onroad that year.. From reading everythingnow looks like Sean and Justin have let past be past and busting goes and races with him my opinion would be get these 2 together lay out a parking lot track if they were interested in doing that. I know I got 3 guys that would be there to help lay pipe and let's have a race let's get it back out there if not just like you seen these past few years it will be a failure and in the soon future it will fold because everyone will quit

Again just my opinion
Dustin
Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

We still have the Trailer,I'm sure everyone would be willing to setup if we had the racers for all the work......
I have never heard that anything was justins fault,always enjoyed racing with him and tripod and jessie. ...... ..i even gave them new tires when they tried Nitro.......

also im sorry that you had a bad experience racing with the msra......i was agreeing with his post on the most part......i just dont feel that a location is what grows a club.....Leadership is the key.....

Again,since im the only club member(Not Board Member)on the boards as of late.....i do apologize for you and your friends bad time racing with the club......

Im not sure what year you raced BTH,we usually had a factory rep there to HELP anyone,I saw Drew from XRay rebuid just about everyones car one year....He didnt even bring a car...just tools.....

Noone has even givin the new track a chance....If anyone drives it they love it ...16 ft wide lanes ...1400 ft in length.....crazy banking....great tire wear.....
Try and give us another chance......

Old 02-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Not bashing you or MSRA Donny.. You was always very friendly to me and so was most of the crowd just a select few. That was different like with anything.. I agree on the new track in southhaven I am there at least once a month on work and have seen the track it looks great... and just as I stated before I will
Be there a few times next year with my friends to run I am sure we will suck again and tear up our stuff but still very fun to me.. What I am saying location is key the set track is great no doubt in my mind but we need new blood in the hobby the only way we get this is by advertisement and showing what is going on!! I very clearly remember a young kid coming to one of our races he was a Black child with a Mohawk and got in the novice class which is were I was at the time I am wanting to say He had a RTR HPI car we was in a heat and he wrecked and broke his car..I remember me sitting there after that heat working on my car and looking up at him and he was tryin to figure out what happened or how to fix it he had no tools or anything just sitting there looking at his car 10 people walked passed him never offering a thing.. I elbowed my uncle thy was with me and raced to look at the kid with us being parking lot badgers we was and RTR inthusist we both got up and went to see what happened to his car and being the rednecks we was we didnt have the right parts to fix it but we made what we had work with a little force and power tools.. This is what it takes to make stuff work we all have to be willing!! I am sure anyone of the guys could have helped as well but they walked by! Again Sid, Donnie, Justin, Cliff, Jessie, sean and several others helped us a ton and have made several friends in the making with Clarence his son dorian and Brad Rutland they helped but some just wasn't as friendly I'm not calling anyone out all I am is saying is when u walk by that pit table and u see a guy u don't know introduce your self and even if u don't know anything about the class he is running offer to lend a hand or introduce him to someone that might can help out... I loom forward to coming to Southaven this year and running my car I loved on road and will bring 3 or 4 guys with me... We not as a club of MSRA but as a community in this area if we want it to succeed we must get it back out there for all to see
Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Dustin that was Eric Anderson he got put in a spot by someone that was supposto handle the spec tire situation but went MIA that weekend..... so it was thrown in his lap to handle the tires him self . U know we all get moody when things don't go as planned especially when u have $2000 worth of hastle in ur trailer. I fully understand Eric's point of view on it after hearing the story out of the horses mouth . Donny u (99% of the time) had a positive attitude. Lol . Me clif and Jessie tried our hardest to keep a tight ship with set up and prep but the micro management pushed our ideas out the window .
Truly Sean has a great system he does it him self and depends on no one to help (not that they haven't ) but this alone keeps others opinions and management skills out of the loop.
As far as the new location . I was told by 3 different people that the surface kills chassis something about a expansion joint elevation change . Even seen one chassis on a photon that the front was almost sanded off . Wish u guys the best this summer . Dustin I will see u in april
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Yea I knew it was EA just didn't want to pubically blast anyone on the board due to I knew there would be things I didnt know at that time. I knew it was not his place to have to hand out and spec everytire so some one with MSRA dropped
The ball he was only doing he job to get the money. But still
Was a very remberal experience and myself I don't mind I deal
With it daily but people that doesn't will just say screw this let's do something else or go race somewhere else.. Just as I said the problems started from
The top down that year and just bless out the club.. Howeverwould
Love to see it get back on track loved seeing all u guys hanging out and racing toy cars(yea they are toy cars and just a hobby regardless what u all may think..haha) we need to put the fun back in it for everyone!! And
The kid or even adult that goes out and buys the HPI RTR car or traxis RTR car help them with it don't suggest go buying a $300
Roller kit with no electronics they just bought a $400 car help th
Race what they got and probally within the year they will
Figure out they want something better just dont say u just wasted X amount of money u should have got this!! We have all been guilty of that!! HELP
The newbies with what they have!!! With the economy the way it
Is today anyone that spends $300 or more on a RC car is blessed and should be welcomed in not told well u should have got this I can't help
U on that..lend the helping hand!!!

Also Justin look forward to seeing you in April I got 3 guys with me now that truly enjoys the hobby!! We all still need some guidance on everything on offroad but we are slowly learning on our on.. But still look toward to seeing and pitting with my friend in the future!!

Sean I look forward to your track this year in 2013 I never got to make it in the past due to I was just getting into the RC racing and tried to keep my focus on one thing(onroad) but truly think u for helping me when u was around at the track and introducing me to the RC Chop Shop!! My friends have bought several things from those guys the past few months for offroad!!

Thanks again guys and look forward to seeing u all this year
Dustin
Old 02-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
As far as the new location . I was told by 3 different people that the surface kills chassis something about a expansion joint elevation change . Even seen one chassis on a photon that the front was almost sanded off . Wish u guys the best this summer . Dustin I will see u in april
Yes there are a 2 bad spots on the track that will be reworked this year....no more chasis scrapes than the past from rock in the asphalt or holes!..LOL!....also ,with the high speeds and banking and elevation changes..........you must run an abnormaly high ridehight,because of the G-forces on the car not the cracks.......above 7mm and stiffer springs....you are wide open a bunch...
hope to see you sometime this summer to give it a shot!Good Luck in april Guy's.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.