Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB >

TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB

Like Tree12Likes

TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB

Old 01-14-2017, 04:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How are they (approximately) the same size? Well, if you get a ruler and measure, you'll see they are. I'm not sure how else to explain it.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EbbTide
well short course trucks use a similar length chassis. The main difference is the a-arms if I'm not mistaken. That's why you'll see a bunch of people converting their short course trucks into superlite 1/8 scale buggies without doing much wrenching.
Ok will I dont have extra RC chassis and stuff laying around...seeing how both losi ten scbe N tha thunder tiger bushmaster are tha same price I'd rather have tha 1/8 scale motor,esc and 17mm tires already included...
Old 01-14-2017, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaliBayWolf
Ok will I dont have extra RC chassis and stuff laying around...seeing how both losi ten scbe N tha thunder tiger bushmaster are tha same price I'd rather have tha 1/8 scale motor,esc and 17mm tires already included...
Lol all I said was the chassis have similar dimensions. I wasn't trying to convince you to go with the SCTE. Gotta go with what ya want
Old 01-14-2017, 04:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Lol all I said was the chassis have similar dimensions. I wasn't trying to convince you to go with the SCTE. Gotta go with what ya want
Was just sayin in general wasnt tryin to be a a$$ over it...I like tha looks and everythin I've read both are very good RC's ...I just seen tha bushmaster first and been stuck on getting it along with my long list of other RC's I want...Arrma Outcast, Arrma Kraton, Team Associated Pro Rally ...
Old 01-14-2017, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

If it's what you want, and it isn't known to be an unreliable piece of crap, then you should get it.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can anyone comment on whether shorty packs will fit securely in the SCBE? I could use foam to take up the extra space, but it's not clear to me if the battery would be restrained on the inboard side.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:18 AM
Tech Champion

It wouldn't be held securely. There are only retainers at the ends of the battery tray. You would need to make your own custom retainers for a shorty pack.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:41 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get better ground clearance? I noticed the stock dogbones restrict a lot of travel. Any alternatives?
Old 01-18-2017, 04:42 AM
Tech Champion

The Ten-SCBE doesn't have dogbones, it has CVDs. Mine don't bind at all, so the suspension travel is unhindered. Is there something wrong with your suspension that's causing it to bind?
Old 01-18-2017, 06:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
It wouldn't be held securely. There are only retainers at the ends of the battery tray. You would need to make your own custom retainers for a shorty pack.
Thanks. I was concerned that would be the case.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Is there a consensus on diff and shock oil weights that make a good initial setup? I'd be using the buggy for general bashing.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
The Ten-SCBE doesn't have dogbones, it has CVDs. Mine don't bind at all, so the suspension travel is unhindered. Is there something wrong with your suspension that's causing it to bind?
Take a look at the photos attached. The wheel end is a CVD, but the end at the transmission is Dogbone. I want something with a slip spline but it doesn't look like there is much room. Something like this.

lastly, you can see the dust covers I found online for around $3. They are a close fit not perfect. They protect more than if they weren't there, but not perfect. I need some sort of clamp to put on them. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-optimized-100_2565.jpg   TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-optimized-100_2547.jpg   TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-optimized-100_2566.jpg   TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-optimized-100_2551.jpg   TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB-optimized-100_2523.jpg  

Old 01-18-2017, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 67StingrayJ
Take a look at the photos attached. The wheel end is a CVD, but the end at the transmission is Dogbone. I want something with a slip spline but it doesn't look like there is much room. Something like this.

lastly, you can see the dust covers I found online for around $3. They are a close fit not perfect. They protect more than if they weren't there, but not perfect. I need some sort of clamp to put on them. Any suggestions?
Maybe some sort of o-ring on the small end. I'm just guessing.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skeeler
Is there a consensus on diff and shock oil weights that make a good initial setup? I'd be using the buggy for general bashing.
Drive it and make adjustments from there.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 67StingrayJ

That style of axle is still called a CVD even if one end fits into a slotted drive cup. The outboard joint is technically called a cardan joint.

You're right, there is no room for splined telescoping axles on this buggy. The stock axles are plenty durable enough.

There is something wrong with your suspension. My axles don't fall out of the drive cups or bind against the drive cups at any point through the suspension's movement.

If you want boots for the dogbone ends of the axles, try the boots for the Vaterra Glamis. Those might fit better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.