amainhobbies shipping prices seem high?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

amainhobbies shipping prices seem high?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Amain have been great in shipping to south Africa, I just wish they had coupons for orders above $500, since I usually buy in bulk in order to save on shipping
Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

just paid $0.49 to ship 8 1/8 buggy wheels, shock caps and tire glue. Cant get much cheaper then that.

Close this thread already.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
And now you don't have to wait long at all since FREE Super Saver shipping starts at $25.
One thing I noticed is that a few things I had my eye on suddenly went up in price as soon as the $25 free shipping came into effect. Wasn't much, but essentially a wash when they were cheaper with shipping. Still a good looking site though, handy for those without a hobby shop nearby.

AMain is kinda weird for me though, they're the exact reverse of how I treat other stores. I've been known to go to Best buy to check out a product, then go home and order from Amazon for cheaper. With AMain, I browse around at all the goods, then go to my LHS and order for cheaper.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by blurredvision
One thing I noticed is that a few things I had my eye on suddenly went up in price as soon as the $25 free shipping came into effect. Wasn't much, but essentially a wash when they were cheaper with shipping. Still a good looking site though, handy for those without a hobby shop nearby.

AMain is kinda weird for me though, they're the exact reverse of how I treat other stores. I've been known to go to Best buy to check out a product, then go home and order from Amazon for cheaper. With AMain, I browse around at all the goods, then go to my LHS and order for cheaper.
Maybe your vision is blurred
Old 01-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

mood breaker....For the love of god can you guys get the protek clutch bells 13t for the losi any faster...next time place a order of like 800 with protek and let me click away...lol
Old 01-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am also a satisfied customer. I copied my cart to three companies and Amain was about 10 percent cheaper on the order total including shipping. I will continue to but at Amain...
Old 01-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default a main

I buy from amain because they have every thing I need no extra shipping charges and just purchased some stuff shipping was FREE.
Cant get any cheaper than that.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Do you have specifics on the items that went up in price recently? It is unusual for items to go up in price but we do routinely get price increases from manufacturers that cause our prices to go up (and eventually the hobby shop prices will go up when the notice the increases; but it might take them longer). I would like to investigate though to make sure there was not a price error.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Anybody got the january coupon codes?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hey Kendall....sent you a pm....
Old 01-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kendallb
The post office told us recently that many European countries are really cracking down on the import duties in customs now, due to the debt crisis as they need the cash. A lot more USPS packages are not getting held up in customs and being charged duties
Thanks. The only stupid thing is that they charge up to 50% which sucks. Sometimes is a standard fee of 10euro's, but I'm scared to order more then 50$ or they rip me off :/
Old 01-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kendallb
Do you have specifics on the items that went up in price recently? It is unusual for items to go up in price but we do routinely get price increases from manufacturers that cause our prices to go up (and eventually the hobby shop prices will go up when the notice the increases; but it might take them longer). I would like to investigate though to make sure there was not a price error.
One that I know of was the LOSB3315 clutch, it was right at $40 (maybe even $38) but went up to $46 or $47 when the over-$25 free shipping was announced. It's back down to $45 now. There was also a couple of servos I was looking at that went up about $6 or so when that was announced but I can't remember the specific models (was a Servox and a HiTec). Small sample size, but seemed like more than a coincidence.

Not a big deal, just an observation.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My lhs prices almost mirror amains prices down to the change. The reason I ordered from them in the past was because shipping was free. Well, now that amain shipping over $25 is free I'm going to order my electronics and tools from there. Like most lhs I have seen mine has become more unreliable every day it seems. Sometimes they take days to actually order the part and then they take a couple more days to contact me after it comes in. Three people work there. Only one person seems to take in orders. If she is not there when the parts arrive the other two don't have a clue and the parts just sit there.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

One that I know of was the LOSB3315 clutch, it was right at $40 (maybe even $38) but went up to $46 or $47 when the over-$25 free shipping was announced. It's back down to $45 now. There was also a couple of servos I was looking at that went up about $6 or so when that was announced but I can't remember the specific models (was a Servox and a HiTec). Small sample size, but seemed like more than a coincidence.

Not a big deal, just an observation.
I checked that item and according to our inventory history it has sold at $44.99 since the day we got them in stock back in october last year? Not sure why you saw it at $38 but the price on that item never changed. Maybe it was something else you saw?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Little off topic but anyone ever overnight a 10 dollar part cross country because you broke practicing the day before a big race? Was my only option once.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.