stock motor rules for 2005

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

stock motor rules for 2005

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

ya!!! i got a case of full-on mods. but locally no-one runs mod. so i have to wait til a big race. but by then the turn-out is usaully so small that it wont even matter. (well ...not that big of a race).

heck i still got a tri-rotor "Flat-wire" that's not even seen a race yet! but my '04 race schedule was pure crap. (had to keep kids all the time.) but '05 well see me signed up for a LOT more races!

i hope the HUDY race comes to atlanta Ga again. that was the best race of the year for me.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nomaak
ya!!! i got a case of full-on mods. but locally no-one runs mod. so i have to wait til a big race. but by then the turn-out is usaully so small that it wont even matter. (well ...not that big of a race).

heck i still got a tri-rotor "Flat-wire" that's not even seen a race yet! but my '04 race schedule was pure crap. (had to keep kids all the time.) but '05 well see me signed up for a LOT more races!

i hope the HUDY race comes to atlanta Ga again. that was the best race of the year for me.
what up petey ru running sat like to cya holla reggie
Old 12-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

my plans are to be there...yes. how ya been bro!! things going ok? you and marvin still gonna make it? i guess i'll be running "stock".LOL
Old 12-27-2004, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by burbs
[B and the guy who won stock at the paved nats has no sponsorship, and he is in his 50's..

[/B]
i think alex is not quite yet 50. i believe you meant masters, and seeing how i had to race against him i can tell you not only was he smooth, but his motor/batteries ripped. last time i go to a big race with 6 month old batteries. lol
Old 12-27-2004, 10:35 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally posted by jiml
I just read this entire thread and noticed something. Everyone wants the fastest stock motor.

I thought the whole point of stock is everyone has the same speed motor. You wanna run faster? Run modified!
Say is all
Old 12-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by wcoyote
I look at it this way. Power is a big thing in stock. So if you find a motor that is legal and it seems to perform better than most, then use it. All of this crying about "my motor is not fast enough and I don't want to get another Trinity motor," is merely just that, crying.
The reason I don't want to run Trinity motors is because I belive the company doesn't put ANY care into their stock motor products. Every stock I've gotten from T was a bum and I'll try to tune it and it doesn't get much better. While I'm a bad tuner...I get someone just pulling a Trinity motor out of the package faster than any of mine. Wheres the quality control Trinity?

For a while I was racing my ass off trying to get better so I couldn't spare the cash for a tuned stock. Well others can and all my driving is being laid to waste by some dill who I work .4 off a lap on the infield and loose .4 on the straitaway. Money mattering on a Sportsman level. F"k you Trinity!

Originally posted by jiml
I thought the whole point of stock is everyone has the same speed motor. You wanna run faster? Run modified!
That is the point of stock! But its sure as hell not happening. I'm a decent driver but even having my bumper graized by some idiot who puts more money into their car is a honest spit in the face to everything I work for on the track!
Old 12-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Tech Adept

You guys take this way to serious. It's suppose to be a hobby. Something fun and enjoyable. The problem with stock racing is not the motors or the batteries it's all the guys who spend hours behind a dyno. And then if they get beat it's because someone was cheating. It doesn't matter what motor/battery combination you have because if you can't drive, it doesn't do you any good.

Pesonally I find it fun to beat up on the guys that are really serious. Every now and then I'll ask someone to dyno a motor for me. My latest batches read about 55 on a fantom vs. the 65 to 70 of a "good motor" on the same machine. What I find funny is on the track with the right gearing it makes absolutly NO difference.

My one question though is with all the complaints on stock motors why don't you people run mod? The latest motors are super easy maintnence wise and you don't have any excuse if you feel your car is slower than someone elses. Just put a better motor in.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Were does it say that the "stock" class motors are all supposed to all be the same speed? It would be almost impossible to manufacture a large number of motors that performed exactly the same... at least for the price we pay for stock motors now. Face it... every arm for stock is machine wound and everyone has a slightly different pattern wound and a slightly different length of wire. The comms are all made within a certain tolerance... some may be slightly advanced and some a little retarded. The magnets might be glued in exactly were they should or a little off... the brush hoods are generally off from were they would make the most power not to mention that brush's vary from batch to batch... and on and on. To get all these things the same so that all the motors would put out equal power would take hand wound arms and a lot of hand tuning or in other words a lot of $$. Did you ever stop to think why there are so many guys tuning stock motors? Maybe because stock motors need to be tuned to get the most out of them?
Stock motors are really just motors that follow a basic set of rules set by ROAR or other sanctioning bodies. And just like in any other form of motor sports that have motor rules, some brands are easier to go fast with and some tuners make more power than others.