Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The newest member of Team Losi/Trinity/Novak is....!!! >

The newest member of Team Losi/Trinity/Novak is....!!!

The newest member of Team Losi/Trinity/Novak is....!!!

Old 12-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Aaron - thanks again for the info.

If Losi made a 1/8 buggy, that would be awesome. However, it would put some people in a bind since Drake runs a Jammin', Cavaileri runs a Kyosho, etc..
Old 12-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I guess most of you guys dont remember the last worlds Masami was in. He won and guess what. It was the only offroad race he had run in almost 2 years. If he decides to run he will be a force.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Bob - where do you race? I'm from NJ too.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

At the moment Im not racing....I was running touring car over at DC a few times....spent last summer doing the tour thing...all over NJ PA etc... I switched back to off road racing to give the team a little more diversity since we are primarily on road. not to mention I miss runnin in the dirt....its like im going back to my roots. I will probably be running at Family Hobbies Raceway in Vineland this summer to get ready for the Nats in CT.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

I heard that if Losi comes out with anything like an 1/8 car they would skip that and make it 1/6 size like they did with the LST so that all the other slow cars that are in the way just get run over, HA!
Old 12-22-2004, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

If Losi did make a 1/8th scale car I do believe that would probably inspire changes to the current 10th scale platforms down the road. I honestly dont think they will go after the 1/8th scale market. It doesnt seem nearly as strong as 1/10th and monster trucks.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Slobbatech - Oh yeah? Well I heard that it would be 2wd because it would be better...hahaha

Greg - That was a mis-type by me..too late at night; there is no Team Losi 1/8th scale buggy, and no plans for one. This has been a rumor for YEARS. Our top engineers already have prior commitments...haha.

Billy has re-signed with Thunder Tiger for 1/8th scale buggy (as far as I know).

Bob - Up until '99, Masami was still running a lot of off-road, and there was a ton of controversy about team tactics at that race..I remember.

The 1/8th scale market is the largest in the racing scene in the United States..and second in overall popularity to Monster Trucks at the moment. It's the production costs required to put together such a kit that has been stopping Losi from entering the 1/8th scale market.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

I remember it different but I could be wrong. I remember he was prepairing for the onroad worlds that were at Yok test track. That was when the xxxs was first coming out. tc3's were only out for bit. He took some time off to go run the Offroad worlds and then went back home to keep prepairing. i dunno maybe im wrong. I still think overall Losi will dominate but Im just saying that if he runs you can never count him out.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

as far as 1/8th scale the largest in the market? I couldnt name a track within 3 hours of philly that runs them consistantly if at all. most track owners dont want to destroy their tracks
Old 12-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

thats cool Aaron.... TTR WILL win the Nat's this year. You heard it here first!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Easy on the crystal ball!

Yes, they have some good A-main drivers, but so do the other five teams in the United States. Texas is going to be a blast in May, that's for sure!
Old 12-23-2004, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

But let us not forget what Bob Short did with his Dream Team in LA. Ouch is all I am saying. You can build the best team on the planet but if it is meant to be it could be the kid who looks like Chewbacca who wins the worlds. Who would have guess the 17 year old from Germany would take the Worlds( not saysing he looks like Chewbacca), especialy with Hara and Masami on the same track. GOD must have been pouring out he blessings on Marc Rheinhard that day. Now I am not knocking the Kid, he is a great driver but he came out of no where. His setup is still locked up. I don't blame them either. Just saying anyone can be beat it just depends on the day.
I say have fun, that is what is HOBBY is suppost to be about. I get excited too but hey it's a HOBBY(yes a JOB or even a Passion) but still a Hobby.
These are my two pennies.
Take Care All & GOD Bless You & Yours this CHRISTmas season.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Who would have guess the 17 year old from Germany would take the Worlds( not saysing he looks like Chewbacca), especialy with Hara and Masami on the same track. GOD must have been pouring out he blessings on Marc Rheinhard that day. Now I am not knocking the Kid, he is a great driver but he came out of no where.
to say marc came out of nowhere is not to follow the euro racing scene. many predicted marc stood as good of shot at winning as the other names we've been hearing about for a lot longer.

as for the previous poster about a track within 3 hours....same in my area (central coast of cali). about the only consistent 1/8 offroad program north of me is north bay area (4 hours), east is ????, and south is socal/LA (also 4 hours). sedan is still relatively popular just because you do not need a dedicated track/facility, and the 4wd/suspension doesn't require glass to run on (pan cars).
Old 12-24-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

On the International scene Marc is relatively a new up and comer(who has now arrived) I was just say if you were to put bets on the Worlds I don't think the odds were in his favor. Just My two pennies.

Originally posted by gee-dub
to say marc came out of nowhere is not to follow the euro racing scene. many predicted marc stood as good of shot at winning as the other names we've been hearing about for a lot longer.

as for the previous poster about a track within 3 hours....is ????, is socal/LA (also 4 hours).
SoCal doesn't do 1/8th scale I was there yesterday and they don't allow anything Gas.
Sorry you would have to go to SunValley Speedway Or Hot Rods which is closest to me to race the Big Boys. I was just at SoCal yesterday & BK was trying a new motor?????a six turn....All I will say is WOW it was loud. I love there new JRSX even though I am a Yok fan. I think LOSI made a great choice with this one.
Take Care All & GOD Bless
Stephen <><