Wiki Posts
Search

NovaMega SX12RE

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default NovaMega SX12RE

have a bit of a stumper here. this is my spare motor that came with one of my parts cars but i wanna get it running to use in my winter rally car.
does anyone have one of these motors that still has the manual for it?
I need to figure out the factory carb settings as i just cant keep it running for long.

has 4 needles. the usual HSN up top, what i assume is a Middle speed needle on the side of the carb body, and another needle inside the carb slide. obviously the idle screw too.

just cant figure this thing out. would like to get it running before i give up and switch in my os12tr. was hoping to keep that motor exclusively for summer racing though.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Tech Lord

It is Novarossi so with the needles flush and an idle at 1mm you should be close. If the motor did not run for a while it is usefull the flush through the fuel intake with brakecleaner or fresh fuel to flush away dryed up oil.

I think the N12T1 is close to this engine.