Wiki Posts
Search

2012 R.O.A.R Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by texastc
Ill get him a bigger hat
Im guessing this is aimed towards how big my head is now that Tabush said I should run mod. I wish i had a smaller head... maybe i would have enough hair to cover it all haha
Old 01-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
I wish i had a smaller head... maybe i would have enough hair to cover it all haha
Well played sir... well played.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I am hoping to have the flyer done soon. In the mean time if anyone has any questions you know what to do.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so are the hotels in walking distance or do i need to get a car?do we get a price break on the rooms if we say we are going to the event?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
....... I wish i had a smaller head... maybe i would have enough hair to cover it all haha
boy I know that feeling

Originally Posted by spammy
so are the hotels in walking distance or do i need to get a car?do we get a price break on the rooms if we say we are going to the event?
We have an agreement with the "Courtyard by Marriot" in Leswisville. Racers can ask for the "Mike's Hobby Shop Rate" when calling 972-316-3100 or use code MH9 in the Corporate/Promotional code box online at http://www.marriot.com/dalll
Old 01-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

I have always wondered if people that want to race more than one class want to do so because they want to compete twice or they want the extra track time? Would racing one class be acceptable if you got twice as much track time in your one class?

Just a quick look at the '11 LRP Master's schedule shows that their quick schedule (practice starts 1PM Friday, last main runs 4:15 Sunday) gives each driver 4 rounds of practice, 5 quali rounds, and 2 leg lower mains and 3 leg A mains.

That is quite a bit of track time in a pretty tight time frame. ROAR should look into increasing track time if they are going to run fewer classes.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by spammy

If you are looking for a hotel that is walking distance away from Mike's HS, you can go to Google Maps and type in "Hotel near 1201 N Interstate 35e, Carrollton, TX" and you will find a handful of hotels within 3 blocks of Mike's HS (See A, B, and C below).
Old 01-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I have always wondered if people that want to race more than one class want to do so because they want to compete twice or they want the extra track time? Would racing one class be acceptable if you got twice as much track time in your one class?

Just a quick look at the '11 LRP Master's schedule shows that their quick schedule (practice starts 1PM Friday, last main runs 4:15 Sunday) gives each driver 4 rounds of practice, 5 quali rounds, and 2 leg lower mains and 3 leg A mains.

That is quite a bit of track time in a pretty tight time frame. ROAR should look into increasing track time if they are going to run fewer classes.
That's a very fair, and actually really cool avenue to explore. Is there a way for you to still pull some strings at ROAR, to at least bring this to their attention?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Interesting perspective. Personally I'm not sure if it is purely a matter of track time or down time or bang for the buck. Let's face it travel, hotel, entries, consumable parts, it is easier to justify (for me anyway) if there is more than 1 run every 3-4+hours....not to mention the more cars I have to work on the less likely I am to 'fix' what ain't broke on 1
Old 01-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

I have always wondered if people that want to race more than one class want to do so because they want to compete twice or they want the extra track time?......
I just cant pick one
Old 01-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Ive never been to a Nats, do the big companies set up booths or displays? Do they sell their gear and stuff?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Ive never been to a Nats, do the big companies set up booths or displays? Do they sell their gear and stuff?
Hey Jason, I've never been to a Nats either. If you remind me this Saturday I will introduce you to Heinz Meyer who has been to 28 ROAR Nationals in the last 12 years. I think his ROAR Membership number is only 3 digits long (9 - 102 or something like that.) Heinz can tell you exactly what to expect at the 2012 Carpet Nats.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Sometimes the vendors will put up a small booths, but they are usually just displaying new products. They usually bring enough product to sell at the hobby shop, but usually they do not sell directly from the vendor displays.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Questions??

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I am hoping to have the flyer done soon. In the mean time if anyone has any questions you know what to do.
This will be my first ROAR Race. I am planning to enter at least 2 classes, WGT and VTA, and maybe possibly squeeze in a 3rd, Formula 1.

I have a couple questions...
1. How many sets of tires can I get tech'ed for each class I enter?
2. How many Lipo batteries can I get tech'ed for each class?
3. How many bodies can I get tech'ed for each class?
4. Will the tech inspectors be more stringent on the WGT class, and less stringent on the Expo classes (ie. VTA and F1)?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

For those newbies to a ROAR event. Make sure you rough cut your bodies and do the final trim after going through tech the first time on Friday. ROAR follows there rules to the letter. Ex if you cut the rear bumper on a TC body to high or mount your body to low and it does not meat the roof height requirement you'll have to paint a new body.

All none MOD class motors will be tech-ed as well. I'm fairly certain every motor out there today follows ROAR rules but it may be a good idea to download the Rule book from ROAR's webpage and check your motors before going to the race.

Make sure your ESC, ESC software version, battery, and body are on the roar approved list.

With there being only one day for practice you won't have much time to make corrections.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.