Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho DRX or GV BV1?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho DRX or GV BV1?

Hi, I would like to get started in Nitro RC driving and I would like another opinion on which car I should get out of a Kyosho DRX and a GV BV1. They are both roughly the same price and so far I have come up with:
The DRX is a rally car and 1/9 scale. It is able to go over most surfaces and it looks very good. Shaft driven.
The GV BV1 is an on-road car and 1/10 scale. It would only be able to go over smooth, flat surfaces and its also looks very good. Belt driven.

I am from Australia and I would like to get started in Nitro. I don't have and Nitro experience at all.

Hope someone can help me,
Thankyou.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Tech Champion

I don't know the other car, but I was impressed with the DRX's size and quality. They're going really cheap here, and I'd like to have one. It's more of a drifter I think out of the box, i.e. top-speed won't be great, but it should have good power down low. I read on another forum that a 2-speed conversion is either coming out or already is. Now that makes it really enticing..

I can't speak about the Kyosho .18 engine, but I had a FW-05T years ago, and both the car and engine were really, really good and endured far more than I would have expected.. Those were my early days in nitro, so yeah, I was knocking on 400F a time or two.. Seriously though, that car sold me on Kysosho being good stuff. Cheap too, at least here in Germany. Up close the DRX is also just very cool looking..

IMO an excellent choice for a first nitro..

ps Just reading up on it. The rear and front ends are identical.. Great little idea making part supply easier.. The Ford Fiesta S2000 is d.amn cool looking too..
Old 12-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Tech Lord

I am currently busy with a review of the DBX2.0 (same chassis as the DRX) and I must say the car is very wel builded and the engine is running awesome.