Like Tree7Likes

2013 Torque line by Picco

Old 08-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YLLIB
8% or 9% oil is not enough for us here in the USA, that's been proven from a lot of racers and some factory drivers since after the 2011 worlds....
In what way would the oil content differ from the US to other parts of the world?

I'm sure European fuels are also used in the US and trust me, some of them have even less than 8% oil.

I have mixed my own fuel for a long time when I lived in the US and I never used more than 10% oil for on road, even in the hot and humid Georgia / South Carolina climate with nitro contents up to 40%

This fuel was used by people like Murnan and Palmaris and they never had any problems with the oil content.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:59 AM

Hello Sammies, yes the motor will run a little richer when adding the oil, but you will be able to lean down the motor harder to get back your rpms; you should not have to change gears at all.

The KLOTZ will not break down until 555 degrees and if it does it is only breaking down 15.7cst which is very minimal from when the oil is fresh and new, so no worries. I hope you don't run your engines upove 555, lol.

You will get more smoke then normal but that is letting you know that is getting lubricant. Don’t get me wrong just because it smokes it does not mean your engine cannot overheat because it will, if it is not tuned correctly.

I see you added 10 mil that is only going to change the percent ½ to ¾ of percent if that, I could be wrong, but I am not a math wizard so I cannot see the change that you’re talking about, but that’s ok the more info racers put out, is how we all learn. We all are going to think and feel different when we test, so I understand your concerns. . 30- 50mil might change to maybe 2 to 3 percent, I will try to figure that out today and get back with you, because I have never figured that out.

Now if your already runny 12 – 16 percent and adding 50 or 60 mil, then yes the oil contents is high and can change things but will not hurt the engine. I only add lubricant when I am racing in high heat and humidity.

But in the other hand you can run the KLOTZ oil as low as 37 degrees.

Hope I hit on some of the question you’re asking and I will try to get back with percentage later today.
Thanks Billy

If you add oil you need to know the sheering and plating ability before. Not all oils do the same job. You also need to know if the oil will stay suspended in the fuel. If it will also mix with the existing oil in the fuel. And it does not matter what you add when you add oil it leans the engine out. The engine needs to consume a what you can call fixed amount of fuel. The fuel is not the lubrication it is the actual source that the engine runs off of and makes the power. You need so much fuel for whatever the displacement is. When you add oil it adds volume to the mixture and therefore the source is now displaced and thinner. You need to consume more volume to create the same power, but now we are consuming more volume and oil. And you do not need to have more then 9% of a good lubricant. The other little added item that is not mentioned is when you have a higher oil content your engine temp will rise as well. It is all again depending on the oils ability. Adding oil will make it "safer" but will not allow you to achieve anything other then having to use more fuel and most times nothing else.

In reference to the oil specs. The flash point for eiothr full synthetic Klotz techniplate or 80/20 is 460 degee's.

The viscosity of Techniplate is 23.30 cst at 212 degree's
The viscosity of 80/20 is 22.40 cst.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Out of interest when setting the epa for full throttle on these engines should I have it set so it opens the slide to just before it stops or only so that it opens just past the venturi opening as there is big difference between the two.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blown1940
Out of interest when setting the epa for full throttle on these engines should I have it set so it opens the slide to just before it stops or only so that it opens just past the venturi opening as there is big difference between the two.

I am not the experienced "engine" guy around, but I always set mine until the venture is completely open and no more. Theres no point on pulling the barrel to its maximum.

I am going off the theory, that when its fully open, the hole is completely round, so you will get better air flow. If the barrel is pulled further it creates an indent, that will slow down the air.

Shawn.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blown1940
Usually it's best to set the EPA to the same size as the ventury.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

8% or 9% oil is not enough for us here in the USA, that's been proven from a lot of racers and some factory drivers since after the 2011 worlds....
That's because it was Byrons which I'm sorry to say, sucks on long tracks. With the right oil, you could run 7%.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
That's because it was Byrons which I'm sorry to say, sucks on long tracks. With the right oil, you could run 7%.
Have to agree there. Our former sponsor is also Byron's importer and wanted us to run this fuel.

Tested 1 Gallon and decided not to use it. There seems to be no or only a tiny little bit of castor in this fuel.

Big no no IMHO.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by stefan
Have to agree there. Our former sponsor is also Byron's importer and wanted us to run this fuel.

Tested 1 Gallon and decided not to use it. There seems to be no or only a tiny little bit of castor in this fuel.

Big no no IMHO.
According to their website, it's half and half so 9% oil would be 4.5% castor. Whatever it is, it's just not enough. Add an ounce or two of castor to it and it's fine but without it, engines will die on long tracks. Short tracks and offroad, it seems to be fine.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

hi I bought some klotz oil and it is sol 200 and I cannot find any info on it /I just asked for oil that was good for rc racing was told it was what I wanted if I wanted to add a bite caster on the net all I can find that looks right is kl 198 have not ruined any engines for a while so I haven't used it yet need to mix new lot for nats/grandson would be p//s if we buger a new engine have been using been oil klotz or whatever carnt rember the name but have had no trouble I try to get all this stuff rite but I onley use what I am given just an old carpenter
greg

Last edited by greg.dawn; 08-16-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by greg.dawn
hi I bought some klotz oil and it is sol 200 and I cannot find any info on it /I just asked for oil that was good for rc racing was told it was what I wanted if I wanted to add a bite caster on the net all I can find that looks right is kl 198 have not ruined any engines for a while so I haven't used it yet need to mix new lot for nats/grandson would be p//s if we buger a new engine have been using been oil klotz or whatever carnt rember the name but have had no trouble I try to get all this stuff rite but I onley use what I am given just an old carpenter
greg
Greg, what you want is Klotz Benol racing castor oil.

http://www.klotzlube.com/proddetail....175_Pint&cat=8

If you want to blend this with some synthetic oil to bring the viscosity down a bit, I recommend that you use original Techniplate.

http://www.klotzlube.com/proddetail....00_Quart&cat=8

I have used both products in model fuel for a long time and they work awesome.

I'm using a blend of 6% castor and 2% Techniplate inmy onroad fuel.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks the benol is what I have been using for years and have had no probles bearings/exc but I was told it was leaving the inside of engen black/also I canot get it any more is that other stuff any good at all I am wating for rc susplies to come back to find out what he gave me ///or what it is suspost to be used for thanks for the reply we run 10 percent oil but at QLD titles I droped it to 8
Old 08-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by greg.dawn
thanks the benol is what I have been using for years and have had no probles bearings/exc but I was told it was leaving the inside of engen black/also I canot get it any more is that other stuff any good at all I am wating for rc susplies to come back to find out what he gave me ///or what it is suspost to be used for thanks for the reply we run 10 percent oil but at QLD titles I droped it to 8
Benol is just a really good castor oil. If you can't get it in Aus, you should be able to find something similar. For instance, your Nova importer should be able to get Nova castor. Only problem is it's expensive. Call around to kart shops or anywhere else that deals with racing 2 strokes and you should be able to find some. Just watch out for blends. A popular brand here in the US is actually a half castor/half synth blend.

Stefan, we think alike. That's exactly the blend I came up with
Old 08-18-2013, 02:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wingracer
Benol is just a really good castor oil. If you can't get it in Aus, you should be able to find something similar. For instance, your Nova importer should be able to get Nova castor. Only problem is it's expensive. Call around to kart shops or anywhere else that deals with racing 2 strokes and you should be able to find some. Just watch out for blends. A popular brand here in the US is actually a half castor/half synth blend.

Stefan, we think alike. That's exactly the blend I came up with
Warning!Some kart oils seperate in methanol even though they write on containers they are designed for petrol and methanol. Klots Syn works great in my lawn mower
Old 08-18-2013, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by fairgo
Warning!Some kart oils seperate in methanol even though they write on containers they are designed for petrol and methanol. Klots Syn works great in my lawn mower

You are right they do not stay suspended in the mixture. But the Klotz oil will stay. If you were trying to use another it might be a problem.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Lord

Any full castor should blend, it's the synths you have to watch out for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.