Project: Team Associated TC9

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So you making a TC6 into a Team Magic E4/TA06/JRX-S/JRX Pro/TA05

Team Magic E4: Almost Center Battery Rear Motor side elctronics
TA06: Center Battery, Rear Motor, Gear Box in the rear, Electronics Each side
JRX-S Sedan: Mid motor, Center Battery, Center Servo, Only ESC and Receiver are on side
JRX Pro Sedan: Rear Motor, Center Battery, Center Servo, " as above
EX05: has the weight pretty much centralized the most if u use Small eletronics
Old 11-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Good day!

Pics of my car in the T1 thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8432245-post12467.html
Old 11-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow! Nice project! I am very excited about the outcome!
I am working for some months on my own "TC9"- Project myself. I just call it KR1 because it just takes the plastic parts and shocks from the TC6.

Here are some pictures:

I am still waiting for the custom design aluminum parts. Outdrives are already made and on their way.

Here is some CAD-pic of the full car:

The car is full within EFRA-Rules as there are shorty LiPos on the EFRA battery list. So I am gonna run it on 10.5t and 17.5t LRP-HPI-Challenge events if it performes well (which is the biggest question...).

Last edited by wtcc; 11-23-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
This is something I have talked about with some of my friends, and maybe it's a dumb idea, but what about an FK04 or 414MII with proper modern suspension on it? I have a hard time believing that the layshaft being high is a huge disadvantage. With lipos, you could use a shorty battery and still remain legal by claiming it is a "saddle pack" or "transverse mounted stick" car. The chassis could even be pretty narrow...

Obviously it may require moving the motor a bit, but you get the idea..
I have already done this on my 414. The car handles very well. Extremely balanced. Pics were posted a while ago on the 414 thread. I have already done this on a prototype Chassis for the TA06. Car works great. If any of you guys go thru with these ideas, remember the set up will be much different than what your use to. Especially the droop setting. I can't post pics of the chassis at this time. Sorry
Old 11-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
I am working for some months on my own "TC9"- Project myself. I just call it KR1 because it just takes the plastic parts and shocks from the TC6.

Here are some pictures:

I am still waiting for the custom design aluminum parts. Outdrives are already made and on their way.

The car is full within EFRA-Rules as there are shorty LiPos on the EFRA battery list. So I am gonna run it on 10.5t and 17.5t LRP-HPI-Challenge events if it performes well (which is the biggest question...).
Very Cool! You should start your own thread. I am sure people would be interested in seeing your design come to life...
Old 11-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

gorgeous.

i don't follow how there will be enough linear throw at the shocks, but my eyes are likely missing something.

i think ridding touring cars of these tall, heavy, and outwardly mounted shocks we've been using will be the next big step that gets widely implemented across brands. maybe going to torsion springs (ala - awesometix), but perhaps keeping a thin damper tube like the 12th scales use. brings the weight down, lowers the cg, and will reduce the yaw moment ...

then again, i'm thought to do a lot of drugs.

Last edited by seaball; 11-23-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
gorgeous.

i don't follow how there will be enough linear throw at the shocks, but my eyes are likely missing something.

i think ridding touring cars of these tall, heavy, and outwardly mounted shocks we've been using will be the next big step that gets widely implemented across brands. maybe going to torsion springs (ala - awesometix), but perhaps keeping a thin damper tube like the 12th scales use. brings the weight down, lowers the cg, and will reduce the yaw moment ...

There is a cantilever attached to the lower a arm, that connects to some point in the front and rear and then to the shock and spring. Pretty sweet. In the raw pics its attached crudely with a ball and end. Pretty slick! Great use of space.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Here are some pictures:

Very cool design...
Old 11-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

my eyes are likely missing something.
i see the turnbuckles now. wow. that's good stuff. raising/lowering the inner mount (under the camber link plate) will change the linearity ..

sorry to hi-jack the original poster's thread. (like those ideas as well).
Old 11-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I know the motor mfgs will hate this idea, but shouldn't we be re-evaluating the 540 can size? a shorter motor with a smaller rotor and less winds could land about the same power output for everything but all out mod, you could probably shave 30% off length and weight which would bring current layouts very close to balanced...
Old 11-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think that would be a wonderful idea for stock. Not the same motorsize for all powerclasses! I played around with with a 380 Outrunner that brought out an equal power to a 10,5t motor. The difference in weight was 100gr.!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

That TC6/TC9 Project looks like the new TA-06 Pro Tamiya car just with a shorter battery. Will be interesting to se the finished project.....
Old 11-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

gorgeous.

There was a guy at my track who ran a custom built car for foams. He had 4 spring steel arms, similar to spring steel t bars that the oval pan guys use, and 4 1/12 style tube dampers. He ran it at Cleveland, but I don't remember how it did.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
There was a guy at my track who ran a custom built car for foams. He had 4 spring steel arms, similar to spring steel t bars that the oval pan guys use, and 4 1/12 style tube dampers. He ran it at Cleveland, but I don't remember how it did.
Ahhhh, the old Lewis Love Machine......
Old 11-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Ahhhh, the old Lewis Love Machine......
Yes from the man who brought us Paragon Jump Jets and the "trinity" front end...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.