Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC4 or Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Just about every car on the market is a good car. Alot comes down to knowledge and undertstanding how set-ups work. Go with what is supported in your area, or but both cars.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Pro 4 all the way, I got the car a few weeks ago and have won all but one race with the car. It is so fast out of the box and only gets faster. While the added chassis prep takes a while its better than worrying about the tc4 tweaking its self due to lack of bracing. plus Hpi customer service is the bomb. trust me if you take your time building it, you will have no problems with the car.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by trueracefan
Pro 4 all the way, I got the car a few weeks ago and have won all but one race with the car. It is so fast out of the box and only gets faster. While the added chassis prep takes a while its better than worrying about the tc4 tweaking its self due to lack of bracing. plus Hpi customer service is the bomb. trust me if you take your time building it, you will have no problems with the car.
Agreed, The prep work involved in building a Pro4 isn't anymore time consuming or tedious than all the work I had to do to get a TC3 drivetrain to spin freely. I haven't built a TC4 but those I've talked to that have built the Pro4 and The TC4 said that the TC4 required just as much work. Something about dremelling for outdrive clearance? I just know that the Pro4 is the only TC I've built that went together as well as my X-Ray, and it was instantly competitive, it's a just add foams and a diff car for carpet. And like I said it's actual CARBON FIBER!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

I lean torwds the Pro 4 but its basicly comes down to personal pref. and who holdin the radio! but i do think the tc4 is a easyer car to set up. IMO
Old 12-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

I love my Pro4.Car went together well...no major problems.Chassis prep...minor. I have a friend who also has one and he has hit walls HARD...wide open and didn't break it! That sold me!!!
Old 12-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

One thing I do have to say for HPI, they have great plastic, and excellent fit and finish. I was amazed at how well the car falls together. Very free drivetrain from the box.

CMW: can you get Eli or Mike Pulfer to post there full setups on the Pro4 thread?
Old 12-11-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

The TC4 did get some good props but the only difference from the TC3 and TC4,if u look it at this way, didn't have much of an upgrade.Ya know that they did some more improvement in the TC4, but it still handles just the same as the TC3. The Pro 4 on the other hand was smooth, clean, and well provided. Better off with a Pro 4. I know i am^_^. Pro 4 offers ALOT more in adjustments and option parts and hop-up parts. Hehehe