Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Quantum2 or Novak GTX or KO VFS1 or Keyence Rapida Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a Keyence Rapida Pro in my 12th scale and it's by far the best speed control I've ever owned. Setting it up is not hard and it has tons of featues (plus it says "HELLO" when you turn it on, how cool is that )

I have a QC2 in my TC and have had no problems with it, I've also owned a QC1 and it ran flawlessly as well.

I've never used a GTX so I can comment on it.

In my opinion I would get the Keyence Rapida Pro, I've never heard or seen something bad about these speed controls.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

I've got a vfs2000 and a lrp quantum 1 and i really can't tell the differencce between punch or top speed i think that the lrp is just a tad easier on tires for sum on known reason but sadly my vfs blown up for no reason so i've got to get it repaired .

Chazz

Last edited by Chazz; 12-08-2004 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been running a Q2 in my TC3 for about a year now without any problems at all. I also run a LRP pro sport in my Xray M18 that has worked perfectly. The ONLY gripe I have is that the pro sports' plastic case cracked (no big deal).
Old 12-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Does anyone run the GMV12s any more?

Before I got my brushless, I have three of them. Great speedos! I never once had a problem with them in the four years. I don't see any on the track today. Any reason why?

One thing I don't like about my Novak brushless system is that there is not a setup that has zero drag brake. I like zero drag brake for stock. The brushless system would be even better if it didn't have drag brake. My 2-cents
Old 12-09-2004, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Two QC2 and Never once a Problem. Easy to set and it if you actually read the instructions it is quite tunable. I also have a Ko Propo Helios which in combination gives me every tunable adjustment I can even think Of. Kudos KO and LRP both are great and Novak, seems that you always have to send it in and get it worked on for it to operate properly. I love there Smart Tray and the Dually but other than that........I stay far from them.

Now the KO and Keyence I would love to try them but budget won't allow. Right now I am working on getting the GM SX12 and giving it a try. From what I have seen and researched it is another awsome ESC. Hey Masami can't be wrong, since he always win with it in his 12th Scale.

Well these have been my two pennies and since there are used up.

C YA

Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 12-09-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Does anyone run the GMV12s any more?

Originally posted by RCknight
Before I got my brushless, I have three of them. Great speedos! I never once had a problem with them in the four years. I don't see any on the track today. Any reason why?

I have a V12 that I bought back in 98 and its my current esc in my touring car. I normally run 8 to 10 turn motors and not a single problem ever. The pc board has also been pulled out of its case when my batteries decided to eject from the car. I just popped the board back in, tape the case together, and its still going.

Of course now I've said this its probably going to RIP this weekend. In that case I'll buy another GM esc.

I don't know what it is but twice last year as I was marshalling I had to pick up two burning cars and both had LRP speedos. But on the other hand I have LRP speedos in my offroad cars and have not had a problem.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ddesros2
I have a Keyence Rapida Pro in my 12th scale and it's by far the best speed control I've ever owned. Setting it up is not hard and it has tons of featues (plus it says "HELLO" when you turn it on, how cool is that )

In my opinion I would get the Keyence Rapida Pro, I've never heard or seen something bad about these speed controls.
Interesting, I just helped a friend set one of these up a few days ago(12th scale). It was a complete pain in the butt. After spending an hour trying to set it up without a reciever pack I tried it with a reciever pack and it worked the 1st time. *BUT* now the car glitches like crazy. I have a keyence A07rz and have never had any trouble with it...
Old 12-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

The only thing with futaba or keyence speedos are yes they are good...actually all of the above mentioned speedos are good....

But IF they break - where do you get them fixed?

G
Old 12-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by loosenut
The only thing with futaba or keyence speedos are yes they are good...actually all of the above mentioned speedos are good....

But IF they break - where do you get them fixed?

G
I know the higher end Futaba ESC's are just repackaged LRP Quantum's. You're better off just buying the Quantum then you can send it back to Associated if there are any problems with it.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

I have driven the Keyence, very smooth esc imo. I have a Novak and needless to say I'll never buy another brand esc simply because the way the service department has always treated me. There is not another company that is so "No questions asked" about fixing stuff. And everytime I've sent something in, it's always gotten me a new one, not refurbished. Not sure anyone can say the same with the others, but they could all take a lesson from Novak in this department. As far as reliability and performance, I couldn't ask anymore from mine. Performs flawless.

It's a GT7 btw.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i beleive the speedo to get has to do with customer service as well. I have had good luck with both the keyence and the novak. Both will replace with no questions asked and both send out refurbs. Now novak will send a new part out if they are out of the refurbs. So you may get a little better service from novak. But shumacher in the US takes care of the keyence. And I can say that I have had great service from them. Actually I sent a speedo off at the time they had all those huricans in florida, and got it back in like 2 weeks. not back. So now I own 4 keyences and will never switch.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default My choice would be....

a GMV12 or the Novak GTX. Still can't decide. I think I'll give Novak a try.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

What about the GM SX12 more bang for your buck IMO.
These have been my two pennies, disregaurd if you don't want them.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 12-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

hi, does anyone know where i can get my keyence zero v extreme 2002 housing replaced?
Old 12-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flyingfox
hi, does anyone know where i can get my keyence zero v extreme 2002 housing replaced?
Call Schumacher USA and cross your fingers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.