Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Efra rules

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bishop
I like the idea of quieter cars, though many may not want the extra weight a more complex pipe could bring, but my head rings after a day running nitro, and your throat often aches from screaming down at your pit man trying to be heard over the roar, so I'd love it to be at least a little quieter.

I'm sorry, but anybody that would want to squelch the symphony of sound, as demonstrated in the vid below, has something wrong with them IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBjtY...eature=related
Old 11-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P2gee
I'm sorry, but anybody that would want to squelch the symphony of sound, as demonstrated in the vid below, has something wrong with them IMO.

+1 If you don't like the noise there always electric

Pass you soon
Old 11-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lil-bump

Pass you soon
I also like the noise but when it is too much and put on risk this hobby.... maybe it's time to stop the increasing of it.
Just a little less noise
..noone want electric-nitro cars
Old 11-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NikoRacing
I also like the noise but when it is too much and put on risk this hobby.... maybe it's time to stop the increasing of it.
Just a little less noise
..noone want electric-nitro cars
One could always were ear plugs in the pits you still can hear it just cuts back on some of the high pitch noise. I use the every day I work at the airport so I know.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bluer322
One could always were ear plugs in the pits you still can hear it just cuts back on some of the high pitch noise. I use the every day I work at the airport so I know.
The problem is not for who stay on the track and love this noise but for people that stay out and feel it like unbearable.

I have an onroad track near home closed to the Nitro cars because of the noise ...and a closed offroad track also...
Old 11-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P2gee

Originally Posted by lil-bump

Pass you soon
I like the noise/sound, it's the decibels I'm not keen on (more so when there is a full field of cars out there), they don't have to be ear splitting to sound awesome, so don't make that mistake, cause it's what kills motor sport.

There is a history of racing in some places (full scale and small scale), where there was a chance to be proactive, but it got ignored, only to then get cut off completely.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
I like the noise/sound, it's the decibels I'm not keen on (more so when there is a full field of cars out there), they don't have to be ear splitting to sound awesome, so don't make that mistake, cause it's what kills motor sport.

There is a history of racing in some places (full scale and small scale), where there was a chance to be proactive, but it got ignored, only to then get cut off completely.
In honesty; I hear what you guys are saying. At our local track we have a engine curfew as well. I think the main reason behind the rule changes is to pull back some of the power that the 1/8 engines are producing which in turn will lower the noise level. With lighter cars, less powerful engines are needed to achieve the same speed. This type of move would turn the engine world on its head. I just don't understand why the big drop in the weight limit on the 1/10 scale side. I truly believe these rules will not be adopted by the other blocks. The EFRA is on an island by themselves

Last edited by lil-bump; 11-15-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Angry

What are the EFRA people smoking at these meetings
I hope IFMAR and/or AARCMCC doesn't follow suit
1550g is a completely unrealistic weight limit!!!
1650 should be the min weight but as per ususal it seems the people who make the decisions don't think
Farewell nitro On Road racing
Old 11-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EEL Monster
What are the EFRA people smoking at these meetings
I hope IFMAR and/or AARCMCC doesn't follow suit
1550g is a completely unrealistic weight limit!!!
1650 should be the min weight but as per ususal it seems the people who make the decisions don't think
Farewell nitro On Road racing
Nitro TC drivers around me are rapidly declining and guess what,they're driving SC's now.So the conclusion is more EFRA less racers.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default not too light

From what I see, my NT1: 1590g (graphite chassis plate and lipo), my friend's HK-1: 1630g (using graphite chassis plate) and as shown in Capricorn's pic: 1550g.

So 1550g is not unrealistic. The chassis material and receiver battery is the key and I don't think that cost very much extra. With better heatsink materials or design, 1550 is not difficult to achieve.

If we want GP to keep up with the pace and agility of the brushless cars, reducing weight should be the right move.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Is using a graphite chassis plate a good way of reducing weight? You decrease the weight at the lowest point so the CoG will get higher.

Originally Posted by Yoshimon
From what I see, my NT1: 1590g (graphite chassis plate and lipo), my friend's HK-1: 1630g (using graphite chassis plate) and as shown in Capricorn's pic: 1550g.

So 1550g is not unrealistic. The chassis material and receiver battery is the key and I don't think that cost very much extra. With better heatsink materials or design, 1550 is not difficult to achieve.

If we want GP to keep up with the pace and agility of the brushless cars, reducing weight should be the right move.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Things like carbon to replace alloy is one of the few ways you can drop weight, but like everything just because you can do it, does not mean you should.

Every time I seem to see a weight change, it's either still too heavy or now too light, somewhere along the line they ignore the middle ground almost every time.

I actually read some of the EFRA AGM notes, someone suggested a more sensible weight, then for some reason it was withdrawn and then the overly light limit was proposed and then passed, no real incite into the whys.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ma_RC_el
Is using a graphite chassis plate a good way of reducing weight? You decrease the weight at the lowest point so the CoG will get higher.
There is only very slight change in CG. The handling of the chassis stiffness is more important than that. Try and feel it.

I use the NT1 multiflex adjustment engine mount to do the adjustment. It is good to me.

Some people worry about the heat dissipation for the engine on hot Summer days but I have no proof if this is something that we should worry. I too want to know the answer.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Messuring body height
170mm from the gound on a 20mm spacer will give an height of 160mm. If your downstop is set that the wheels can touch the ground you can set the body at the illigal 170mm but legally
@Roelof

Can You explain this please. I dont understand...
Old 11-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
@Roelof

Can You explain this please. I dont understand...
Downstops and body height goes together. If the car is lift up and you don't care about having too much rear down travel, you can adjust the boy height by turning the downstop screws.

When the car is then put into the track, you actually have higher body than before, and higher than it was on the inspection table...

Max down travel, 20mm
inspection blocks, 20mm
inspection height, 160mm
ride hight, 7mm
==> Body height on the track, 173mm

Suits fine for me =)

-X-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.