Search
Like Tree1Likes

Lab C-02

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
DJ .... you've probably been asked this a thousand times so excuse the repetition here but ........
Do you have your base set up posted anywhere?
I expected to see it on the Capricorn site but I could only find Tironi's........

BM
Go to the c01 thread page 116 DJ has a nice setup on there that works well for me.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH
Go to the c01 thread page 116 DJ has a nice setup on there that works well for me.
Thanks Randy ..... good of you to point that out.

I was at the Byrons race over this weekend and was able to try out the new "Big-Bore shock kit" as did DJ too.
I will leave DJ to give his own opinoins and race report all I will say it was great to attend a race again, to drive a very high quality car and to have met DJ was a pleasure.
The car was more then my meager talents can handle at the moment and I was just a little rusty to say the least in all aspects.

A great weekend though. Very enjoyable and a great car.

BM
Old 07-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quick question, my buddy pointed out to me on tortorici(spelled wrong, i kno) car on redrc, he's running a front sway that appears to b like or right off of the 2013 nt1!! Can someone confirm if this its a direct fit?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Quick question, my buddy pointed out to me on tortorici(spelled wrong, i kno) car on redrc, he's running a front sway that appears to b like or right off of the 2013 nt1!! Can someone confirm if this its a direct fit?
Hi my friend,

Dankel also used it at Hockenheim and most likely also at Stohr Ring too.

But why not use the one Capricorn makes ;-)... Part number are Cap-17057 Front Spool and it's 51USD bought from us for customers outside Europe. And 54USD for customers inside Europe.

All the best,

Niko
Old 07-02-2013, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk
Hi my friend,

Dankel also used it at Hockenheim and most likely also at Stohr Ring too.

But why not use the one Capricorn makes ;-)... Part number are Cap-17057 Front Spool and it's 51USD bought from us for customers outside Europe. And 54USD for customers inside Europe.

All the best,

Niko
Niko, thanks for that info, cause me and my buddies want to try spools also, I'm talking about his front swaybar!! It looks like the xray 2013 setup.....
Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry for the late reply, but been really busy with work. I went to the Byron's race and did not have the best event. I struggled a lot with keeping up with both classes and got a little lost in myself.

I did have a chance to test the new shocks some more. I used the 1.7 springs all around which felt better than the original soft ones. The car has a lot more roll in general with these shocks. I am trying to figure them out since I do not like a car with too much roll. They worked good for me once I went to the heavier 1.7 spring, but think I should have used the 1.8 in the front (even heavier). The track got to a point where it had high bite and these shocks helped with that a lot. With my normal shock set up I was traction rolling and with the new ones I did not. I think with the new springs the set up needs to change a little. I am going to Ecuador this weekend to race and will try them again. I typically run my front pins in the upper position, this will get lowered to help with the reaction of the car. I will also run the arms further back to help with on power steering. Might have to try also running the car shorter than normal in the rear to see how this helps with the reaction.

I will let you guys know, but for now I see the new shocks as better in high bite and maybe similar in low bite. Since they are new, it is about finding the balance of oil versus spring and angle of shock.

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Niko, thanks for that info, cause me and my buddies want to try spools also, I'm talking about his front swaybar!! It looks like the xray 2013 setup.....
Aha, my mistake :-))...

Br,

Niko
Old 07-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the new C-02 kits will come standard with the Big Bore shocks?
Old 07-29-2013, 02:28 AM
Tech Regular

Capricorn Lab C02 Black Edition kit

Capricorn introduce the Lab C02 Black Edition 1/10th 200mm nitro on-road kit.
Limited to only 100 pieces worldwide the kit includes name-giving black anodised aluminium parts and the 2013 edition main chassis plate along a newly designed front upper bulkhead for improved steering response and higher corner speeds. Other items that found their way into the kit are big bore shock absorbers with new front and rear carbon fibre shock towers, nickel-plates ergal ball ends, the new F1 front sway bar, hard-coated thrust bearing holders, titanium/ergal front cup joints, heavy-weight 30mm clutch flywheel and aluminium clutch bell, 2-piece heavy-weight engine mount and the FSS radio plate. The limited edition kit is rounded out by a fuel tank brass weight, a carbon fibre battery plate and white plastic parts for the shocks and linkages.

Source:
RedRC [redrc.net]
Old 07-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nikoskar
Capricorn Lab C02 Black Edition kit

Capricorn introduce the Lab C02 Black Edition 1/10th 200mm nitro on-road kit.
Limited to only 100 pieces worldwide the kit includes name-giving black anodised aluminium parts and the 2013 edition main chassis plate along a newly designed front upper bulkhead for improved steering response and higher corner speeds. Other items that found their way into the kit are big bore shock absorbers with new front and rear carbon fibre shock towers, nickel-plates ergal ball ends, the new F1 front sway bar, hard-coated thrust bearing holders, titanium/ergal front cup joints, heavy-weight 30mm clutch flywheel and aluminium clutch bell, 2-piece heavy-weight engine mount and the FSS radio plate. The limited edition kit is rounded out by a fuel tank brass weight, a carbon fibre battery plate and white plastic parts for the shocks and linkages.

Source:
RedRC [redrc.net]
MAN THAT CAR LOOKS FAMILIAR!!!!! I like the White chassis brace n the Kevlar top plate! That's sick!! Thanks for making my vision reality Cap!!
Attached Thumbnails Lab C-02-image.jpg  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

MAN THAT CAR LOOKS FAMILIAR!!!!! I like the White chassis brace n the Kevlar top plate! That's sick!! Thanks for making my vision reality Cap!!
Hi guys,

Let me know if you wanna pre-order and I´ll give you a good deal ...

Remember only limited edition 100pcs´s are available...

Br,

Niko
Old 07-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Red Version looked different than other competitor cars. Now is almost identical at first glance. I don't like at all the color selection.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Maybe they will put you on the team Chet since they keep using all the changes n mods you post on this site. I would wait for them to contact you before you post any more ideas
Old 07-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goose510
Maybe they will put you on the team Chet since they keep using all the changes n mods you post on this site. I would wait for them to contact you before you post any more ideas
Lmao!!!! (Knodding)
Old 08-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Black edition

Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk
Hi guys,

Let me know if you wanna pre-order and I´ll give you a good deal ...

Remember only limited edition 100pcs´s are available...

Br,

Niko
You have a pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.