Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Coming back into nitro from 7 years ago and have some questions >

Coming back into nitro from 7 years ago and have some questions

Coming back into nitro from 7 years ago and have some questions

Old 11-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Coming back into nitro from 7 years ago and have some questions

Hey, I just got my account with RCTECH and have some questions. I used to race a little bit about 7 years ago. long story short, my 1/10 scale truck was stolen and I have decided to get back into the hobby. I have been doing some research and noticed that 1/10 scale nitro stadium trucks (my favorite) are not popular anymore? has the racing scene moved on to cars like the RC8T?

what happend to the 1/10th scale stadium trucks?
Old 11-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Nitro racing is all 1/8 buggy and truggy around here. I have seen the 1/10 E stadium trucks run on the 1/10 scale track or with sct's but they are far and few in between.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

I miss gas truck..
Old 11-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
I miss gas truck..
I do as well. Gas truck made me a better driver in buggy
Old 11-08-2011, 05:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Muggydude
now pretty much all 1/10 racing is electric, and even then stadium truck isn't very popular. Short course is similar, and has kind of taken over. 2wd buggy is also very big.

For 1/8, nitro buggy is probably they biggest class, followed by nitro truggy/truck. They really are a lot of fun to race imo- much more capable race machines than the 1/10 gas cars. 1/8 electric buggy is also gaining popularity. If you want to race nitro, I would probably get a 1/8 truggy. They are easier to drive than buggy and more forgiving. Make sure there is a good turnout for it in your area.

For 1/10 try short course, they're fun to drive and plenty durable.
I started in Truggy, but in hindsight I should have started in buggy there are more levels of competition in my area and I found it hard to push past a certain barrier. When I picked up buggy, my Truggy times got much better due to control. For me, buggy forces control to be successful and that carries over.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking

yes, i sell 1/10, 1/8 and 1/5 scale cars and find that 1/10 nitro is not popular like before. However our 1/10 electric brushed and brushless off road cars enjoy great popular. It's great pleasure to sell rc cars and meet rc fans worldwide.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Depending of where you are living, 1/8 buggy and truggy are the biggest class.

2wd gas trucks disappeared 5 years ago... Unfortunately. I so much racing my GT!

electric 2wd 1/10 buggies, SC trucks and sometimes stadium trucks are also very popular at some places.

It seems like everybody have moved to 1/8 buggy or truggy and slowly fews are coming back to 1/10 electric
Old 11-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

The most popular classes here in Edmonton seem to be 1/10 electric SC trucks, 1/8th nitro buggies, and 1/8th nitro truggies. I would say the truggies are the most popular of them all.