Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
OS CVR replacement piston and sleeve >

OS CVR replacement piston and sleeve

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS CVR replacement piston and sleeve

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by TrickPonYracing
what is the website for m speed?
http://jpwww.mspeed-jp.com/
Old 12-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jamiekulhanek
Hey, KHB makes some piston/liners for the O.S. .12 CV-R and .15 CV-R. Either graphite or copper piston and silver sleeve, no idea what difference the graphite will make...Probably cause bad balance.

Take a look:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGRN4&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGRN7

Lucky me, duratrax make a true ABC sleeve/piston kit for my .12 CV for just $19.99, the bearing replacements are also 1/4 the cost
Hey dude thanks for this link i was just wondering if they are as durable as the original set? And i ca see and its obvious that its going to make the car faster maybe ill buy this set and use the M-Speed cylinder and crankshaft
Old 12-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Bud
Tech Master

Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Hey dude as far as im concerned the CV and CVR have identical blocks i opened them up at work yesterday and they were the same only the CVR had diffrent shaped carvings on the cylinder

correct me if im wrong....

So does the duratrax one better than the original O.S.
Well you said "correct me if i'm wrong" so ............ The blocks are not the same. Go to tower hobbies web site and bring up each engine's parts list and print them. Then you can compare them without having to flip back and forth. They look the same on the outside, but they're not the same.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Bud
Well you said "correct me if i'm wrong" so ............ The blocks are not the same. Go to tower hobbies web site and bring up each engine's parts list and print them. Then you can compare them without having to flip back and forth. They look the same on the outside, but they're not the same.
Coool thanks for the info but the ports and that should line up right?
Old 12-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Bud
Tech Master

I don't know if they will or not. I know the crank and bearings are bigger in the cvr and os claims it is a completely different engine and nothing will interchange. I have found that the back plate (non pullstart) and the head will interchange. I think the carb will too. So I don't really know how much of the os propaganda to believe. might cost $20. bucks to find out.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

Hey dude thanks for this link i was just wondering if they are as durable as the original set? And i ca see and its obvious that its going to make the car faster maybe ill buy this set and use the M-Speed cylinder and crankshaft
They LOOK fast, but i'm not sure if they are....

All the hype seems to be just advertising....I personally have found nothing on them, no reviews or anything, i think KHB have sold very few of these. I'd also worry that the KHB graphite piston might throw the engine off balance.

Having said that, i have no right to give my opinion on a product i know nothing about, so go and buy one, then tell us how it is. As for durability, who knows, i'm sure KHB would be quick to tell you it will last 1000 gallons...
Old 12-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Bud
I don't know if they will or not. I know the crank and bearings are bigger in the cvr and os claims it is a completely different engine and nothing will interchange. I have found that the back plate (non pullstart) and the head will interchange. I think the carb will too. So I don't really know how much of the os propaganda to believe. might cost $20. bucks to find out.
Ok i was just wondering because like i said i pulled the motor apart at work both the CV and the CVR and the cylinder seems to be exactly the same only the cylinder on the CVR has some diffrent carvings than the CV im not sure though i think better buy the m speed stuff instead, thanks for your time.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

They LOOK fast, but i'm not sure if they are....

All the hype seems to be just advertising....I personally have found nothing on them, no reviews or anything, i think KHB have sold very few of these. I'd also worry that the KHB graphite piston might throw the engine off balance.

Having said that, i have no right to give my opinion on a product i know nothing about, so go and buy one, then tell us how it is. As for durability, who knows, i'm sure KHB would be quick to tell you it will last 1000 gallons...
I know i have not heard of them at all also, i think its a little too expensive to invest on if you dont know what the results would be atleast the piston and liner from duratrax is nice and cheap
Old 12-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

I know i have not heard of them at all also, i think its a little too expensive to invest on if you dont know what the results would be atleast the piston and liner from duratrax is nice and cheap
If the carvings are different (forget their proper name) then they will most likely not line up with the ports and you have a CV-R with .000001hp, the porting on the CV is a fair bit different to the CV too.

BTW The duratrax sleeves will not fit the CV-R, just the CV...
Old 12-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

If the carvings are different (forget their proper name) then they will most likely not line up with the ports and you have a CV-R with .000001hp, the porting on the CV is a fair bit different to the CV too.

BTW The duratrax sleeves will not fit the CV-R, just the CV...
Thanks man appreciate your help? Just looked at the CV from the inside it only has two ports
Old 12-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

My mate lent me the m-speed CVR looks mean i wonder what OS and M-Speed use as heat treatment? What do they spray on it? Can it be purchased on our local hardware?
Old 12-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Default Have look

See how the case is black what is that suff? Im planning to dfo the same on my new CVR
Attached Thumbnails OS CVR replacement piston and sleeve-img_0954.jpg  
Old 12-05-2004, 01:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Have look

See how the case is black what is that suff? Im planning to dfo the same on my new CVR

Uh, my guess is some sort of powdercoat/matte spray, but i always thought these coatings reduced thermal efficiency...
Old 12-05-2004, 01:41 AM
Tech Adept

BTW FUK WRX, i'm approx 1200km south of you...
Old 12-05-2004, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Have look

Uh, my guess is some sort of powdercoat/matte spray, but i always thought these coatings reduced thermal efficiency...
Thanks for the reply mate your an offroad racer ehh

about the black coating i doubt it reduces efficency because its been used on the new OS engine like the TR series and MSPEED do them also to all there motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.