Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 refueling

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default 1/8 refueling

Hi guys,

me and my mates have a hard time to refuel our MRX5īs with the fuel gun. It is difficult to open the tank lid when we wear gloves and the roll bar is very close to the cooling head of the engine which resulted in some bleeding knuckles already.

So are there other roll bars available which fit the MRX-5? Have seen one which is angled on Robert Pietsch`s car...

And which mods could be done to the lid? Have seen something like a tab there...

Thank you yery much in advance! Cheers, Stefan

Moderator Please move to "onroad" section. Was still a bit sleepy whilst typing this. Thanks!

Last edited by fulcrum2; 10-23-2011 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Wrong forum
Old 10-23-2011, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

use zip tie
Old 10-31-2011, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

bump

anyone?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Then bent roll bar can be accomplished with a vise and the stock bar. Its not hard to fab your own. Locall steel suplier a couple of cock-tails and wala you have made your own.
Empire racing made a really nice handle for the tank. There again you can make your own. I'm making some rite now out of carbon. Aluminum could be easily formed into what you want. Just be sure you make a nice backing plate so you don't snap the handle off of the tank.