One-way

Old 11-28-2004, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Default One-way

I was thinkin bout puttin a one way into my BMI TC3. It would b very helpful if anyone ho has run a front one-way on carpet could tell me how the car handles differently and how i would need 2 adjust my driving style.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

I dont run TC3 but 1 thing i can tell u. Dont use breaks. You cant use breaks or your back end will come around. It will also help your car go into the turn faster with more speed and you will have more punch out of the turn. You just have to have some expierence with it then you'll get used to it cause you wont be able to break. All one-ways do the same thing.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wouldnt run a one-way on carpet since my carpet tracks are tight, technical & require using the brakes. A one-way is usually used on high-speed tracks that require you to use minimum brakes.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Why can't you run a one-way in a rear wheel drive car? Like a BK2 or MF2 or whatever....
Old 11-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mafiaracers
Why can't you run a one-way in a rear wheel drive car? Like a BK2 or MF2 or whatever....

pls tell me ur kidding..
Old 11-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, tell me why you cant put a one-way in a B4!
Old 11-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

your car wont slow down for the corners, it will go as fast as you were gong before you let off the throttle, there is nothing stopping you from doing it, but i would advise against it
Old 11-28-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

I know I shafted myself with my question....don't get me wrong, I understand how the one-way works in a touring and 4WD car, but just havn't cought exactly whyyyy it can't be run in the rear as well. I don't plan to do it....I was just curious.

Dakrat-I'm kidding.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

I was just kidding as well lol.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

from my experiances with a one way i have noticed.. its ok to run them on carpet, even in modified, depending on the track layout. In stock and some cases 19T its good to use. I have run mine in stock almost exclusivly, except once. It makes the car steer in far more aggressivly, and it increases on power steering dramatically. Best thing to do is buy one and try it.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:36 AM
Tech Champion

What will happen if I try this: ( no insults please )

Front: ball diff

Rear: one way

I'm gonna try this setup with x ray t1 fk if do able. Anybody in this world have ever done that ? I would like to hear their comments.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Well, i consider putting a spool in the rear, and a one-way in the front. Would be a lot easier to maintain.................
I guess it would handle like crap though.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

What about front AND rear one-ways.....I guess that'd only work on super open flowing tracks because you'd loose all braking ability. With TC, you've got soo many combinations of drive-lines that I could see it dificult to decide which fits you best. But the one-way front and ball rear seems to be the norm.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:58 AM

I was thinkin bout puttin a one way into my BMI TC3. It would b very helpful if anyone ho has run a front one-way on carpet could tell me how the car handles differently and how i would need 2 adjust my driving style.
The car will carry more speed into and out of a corner. Which can lead to traction roll or other problems associated with trying to corner too fast. Your on-power exit and off power entrance into the corner will be more aggressive; you'll have more turn in or oversteer.

I found a one-way on a tight track to be very helpful since I could carry more speed through the turns more people were braking for, and I was exiting the turns faster. The problems I had was not really with the no-braking issue but more with durability of parts in the front end. Unless your a pretty good driver the front of the car will take a beating. All of the wheels energy is trasfered into the drivetrain when it hits something w/ a one-way. I broke CVD's, a drive shaft, and out drives when running a one-way. Aluminum CVD's bend and the CV pins slowly wear out on impact. Steel CVD's hold up a little better but break outdrives and eventually snap if the crash is hard enough.

So if you still bump the walls a bit I'd say expect to break stuff.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asw7576
What will happen if I try this: ( no insults please )

Front: ball diff

Rear: one way

I'm gonna try this setup with x ray t1 fk if do able. Anybody in this world have ever done that ? I would like to hear their comments.
The way the Xray sits it would be pointless. The oneway would only engage when braking because you would have to turn it around to fit in the rear. Then when you are on power the oneway would spin making your car front wheel drive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.