Associated 777 Brushes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated 777 Brushes

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

No matter what you say it's expensive. It doesn't cost that much more to make that brush. Reedy and LRP are just trying to make more money to make up for the reduced sales of brushes. It all comes down to $$$$$$. Fewer sales. Charge more money. I have always liked Reedy and LRP products but this is crazy pricing. They are doing the math like Tony said and trying to validate it. Hello Fantom V2's. No offence Tony but most sponsored guys I race with have no idea how much this hobby costs. I'm not saying you don't. Just my .02
Old 11-30-2004, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Chris Reilly
No matter what you say it's expensive. It doesn't cost that much more to make that brush. Reedy and LRP are just trying to make more money to make up for the reduced sales of brushes. It all comes down to $$$$$$. Fewer sales. Charge more money. I have always liked Reedy and LRP products but this is crazy pricing. They are doing the math like Tony said and trying to validate it. Hello Fantom V2's. No offence Tony but most sponsored guys I race with have no idea how much this hobby costs. I'm not saying you don't. Just my .02
Have you even read the thread
Old 11-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

These brushes are excellent. They dont burn, and you get less comm and brush wear. I didnt beleive it before so i got some and it is true what they say about these brushes. The only compromise with these brushes is probably less power, how much I dont know, but most people if not anyone wouldn't notice it.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

PW ran 777's at the Worlds and he had one of the fastest Reedy powered rigs there. They are excellent brushes with little or no power loss compared to 729's.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

I bet Reedy will increase their modified sales overall. I gave mod a try b/c the orion motor was good for 30 runs. I didn't want to spend $3.50 on 4383 brushes everytime I went to practice or race. Now I can use Reedys motor and go 30 runs. This is the best news I've seen in the last two years.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by TPhalen
Well, let's just do some math here for a minute....

Yes, they DO last at LEAST 30 runs....so, 30 runs/$30....$1 per pair of brushes...and that's on a 7 or 8 turn motor. For standard, low-silver content brushes, even if you got 2 runs per brush (which, in some cases, you might get 3 GOOD runs), you're looking at $4.00 per pair, times 10 brush changes (if you plan on running them 3 times each, to equal 30 runs), you're at about $40. Again, that's IF you run them 3 times each, and in most cases you will lose quite a bit of power by the 3rd run.

I've known some drivers that have reached 45 runs on a pair!!!! They're all small worn by this time, but that's 45 runs on hi-po batteries and on a 7 turn.

This is just information for you....
Mr. Phalen

are these brushes only GOOD for mod? or will it work on 19T and stock also? thanks bro!

- C
Old 11-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

They should be good for 19 turn, if the motor uses stand up brushes. Not many current stock motors uses stand up brushes.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

yeah not many motors now use standup brushes most 19 use laydown
Old 11-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

just reserrate them to laydowns, i use them in my reedy krypton.

Imagine using them in stock, you wouldn't have too buy brushes in a long time
Old 11-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by berger
Have you even read the thread
Yes and I said my piece.
I wonder what you didn't get.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Chris Reilly
Chris....glad you have an opinion....BUT....

You say it doesn't cost much to make the brush. And you get that information from where??? These are HIGH end brushes....they are for 6, 7 and 8 turn motors where heat is a problem....not stock....not 19t.....not 10, 11, 12, 13 or higher motors..... SIX, SEVEN and EIGHT turn motors where HEAT is a problem!!!!!

I race at SoCal EVERY week. I run a 7x1 or 7x2 TI motor. I cut AND rebrush the motor EVERY RUN!!!! Let's see. That's AT LEAST 3 pairs of brushes a night, not including practice. Yes, I'm sponsored. Yes, I work at the shop. Do I care if I have to rebrush since I get them for free???? Well, no. Not really. BUT, the guy who is sitting next to me that has to DOES!!!! So, for him to keep up (and have the most power from his motors), he NEEDS to rebrush every run. That's expensive. In my case, $12 for 2 quals and a main. That's already HALF the price of the 777's.

Now, you don't HAVE to use these. They are not replacing ANYTHING....they are an option for those who want more runs from their brushes without losing power. I, personally, have only used ONE set of brushes since they came out. They have about 25-30 runs on them so far....and still look good. A little shorter, but good! They will probably outlast the motor!!!!

On last point. We are NOT trying to make up for ANY lost sales in brushes....we sell them in motors, in spare parts, and in bucket-loads as OEM parts. We are NOT hurting on brush sales.

I'm not bashing you,Chris, but I think you might be on the side that ALOT of people might be on because the price IS high for something that is usually a low-priced item. But, in the long run, they are cheap. I just wish people would stop saying we are trying to rape the industry and it's consumers because we feel 'we can'. That's not fair until you give the product a try.

Ok, stepping down off the soapbox.....

Hebiki. Unfortunately, they are standup brushes (as Javen13 stated). You can serrate them to laydown, although I bet it took a long time to do so!!!!! I don't think you'll see as much of a performance increase (or drop off) as you would normal brushes because they are for high-heat conditions. Your stock and 19t just don't see the same 'punishment', I don't think.

Of course, I AM going to try it.....
Old 11-30-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This brush is just ONE more reason why the average racer doesn't and won't race Modified.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:27 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hobbyman - i disagree. This brush, imho, would be more reason for the average racer to at least try mod. One of the reasons most people DON'T go for mod, is the brush replacements every run. If you don't have to, why not plop down the $30, and at least try a new class. If you don't like it, when the brushes ( or motor, whichever comes first ) is toast, go back to stock!

I'm going to try this analogy for the car guys:

The new brushes are like using synthetic oil in your car (the one you sit in and drive - the big ones ). You don't have to, but you can choose to. You'll have more time between oil changes (brush changes in our case), and it costs about the same in the long run. And there will always be the guys who still swear by the old technology like dino oil ( in this case, standard brushes.)
Old 11-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

And when you gear it wrong one time , what ? these brushes don't get burnt up ?
Old 11-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, if you're intentionally TRYING to burn them up, you will (over gearing 'just to see what happens). If you're off on your gearing a little, you will be ok. BUT, if you're running mod, you have SOME idea on what's going on....right???

Again, THIS IS NOT SOMETHING FOR THE AVERAGE JOE TO PUT ON THEIR CAR AND RUN IN THE STREET!!!!!! This is for the serious racer that has SOME knowledge of what is going on, and sees this as a benefit and not a discouragement (not the word I wanted, but, oh well!!!).

TSR6: LOVE the analogy. That, to me, says it all.

Anyway, I think we could go back and forth on this subject....everyone has their opinions on what they think will work and what won't. All I'm saying is give them a try (a FAIR try) and see for YOURSELF before you start bashing the release of the brushes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.