Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Much-More cell master v1

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

the other day i was using my CM and it was fine.. tonight, when i was about to charge one of my batteries, i noticed that the battery voltage reading on the CM was well below 1.0v (aroun 0.248v)... i thought there was something wrong with the batt so i tried another battery... same result... tried it with all 4 packs that i have and still the same result. whenever i try to charge a "Batt low voltage" warning pops up, and if i try to continue it stops after 5mah and a low voltage warning appears. checked each of my packs with a voltmeter and they all registered above 7.0V each. power supply reads a steady 13.700v on the CM and around 13.8v on my voltmeter.

i'm stumped and don't know what to do. was supposed to do some practice runs at the track tomorrow but it looks like i won't be doing any if my charger will be acting the same tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

You might want to check the solder joints on the aligator clips on the charge leads. Someone had a similar problem a quite a few pages back, and I also remember the Nexus mentioning doing a Full Reset of the system as a possible solution to your problem.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

tried the full reset option already. the solder on the aligator clips look fine and solis (nothing loose). will try again though...
Old 07-16-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default My CM need a hair dryer to jump start

I've had my CM for more than a year now. 2 weeks ago when I turned it on to charge my pack it only gave me 'square blocks' on the display. Turned it off then back on and still square blocks on the display. I thought maybe it needs warming up because its winter time so I try the hair dryer to warm it up and it did work.

Now I need to blow dry it for 1-2 mins to be able to use it.
Is there something wrong with my CM or is it just because its winter time?

Anyone please? NexusRacing? Muchmore?

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
the other day i was using my CM and it was fine.. tonight, when i was about to charge one of my batteries, i noticed that the battery voltage reading on the CM was well below 1.0v (aroun 0.248v)... i thought there was something wrong with the batt so i tried another battery... same result... tried it with all 4 packs that i have and still the same result. whenever i try to charge a "Batt low voltage" warning pops up, and if i try to continue it stops after 5mah and a low voltage warning appears. checked each of my packs with a voltmeter and they all registered above 7.0V each. power supply reads a steady 13.700v on the CM and around 13.8v on my voltmeter.

i'm stumped and don't know what to do. was supposed to do some practice runs at the track tomorrow but it looks like i won't be doing any if my charger will be acting the same tomorrow.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE CORRECT NUMBER OF CELLS IN THE CHARGE SETUP PROFILE ! LOOK ON PAGE E5 (J5 FOR JAPAN) OF YOUR MANUAL. THIS WILL GUARANTEE THE CM'S RIGHT OPERATION.
Hope this helps....
Old 07-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Edgarski
I've had my CM for more than a year now. 2 weeks ago when I turned it on to charge my pack it only gave me 'square blocks' on the display. Turned it off then back on and still square blocks on the display. I thought maybe it needs warming up because its winter time so I try the hair dryer to warm it up and it did work.

Now I need to blow dry it for 1-2 mins to be able to use it.
Is there something wrong with my CM or is it just because its winter time?

Anyone please? NexusRacing? Muchmore?

Thanks.
You have a loose solder joint on the board..possibly at the power relay circuit. Heat = expand / Cool contract.
send it in to get repaired. Also note: LCD don't like extreme cold weather.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Safer SX
When charging a 4300 pack on the cell master at 6 amps do I set it at 3mv or 18mv which one either way
03 means 3mV (0.003V)
on the CM 03 is for the entire pack being charged.
I would use 03.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE THE CORRECT NUMBER OF CELLS IN THE CHARGE SETUP PROFILE ! LOOK ON PAGE E5 (J5 FOR JAPAN) OF YOUR MANUAL. THIS WILL GUARANTEE THE CM'S RIGHT OPERATION.
Hope this helps....

yup... the setting was all correct... 6-cells. anyway, having it repaired. hope it comes back soon.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I am in Seoul Korea for the next several days. What are the hobbyshops that carry proudct in Seoul.

Just wanted to check out the R/C scene while I am here.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You should get me lots of much more stuff How's it goin Mark?

-Korey
Old 07-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'll check the joints then. Thanks mate.

Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
You have a loose solder joint on the board..possibly at the power relay circuit. Heat = expand / Cool contract.
send it in to get repaired. Also note: LCD don't like extreme cold weather.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just bought a motor master v3.0 and cell master v1.0. Both of them suppose to have white lcd but my unit do not look the same. The cell master backlight is slightly bluish when compared to the motor master. Are they both suppose to be the same?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is your Motor Master the Orion version? If so, then it will be white.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flam3b0y
I just bought a motor master v3.0 and cell master v1.0. Both of them suppose to have white lcd but my unit do not look the same. The cell master backlight is slightly bluish when compared to the motor master. Are they both suppose to be the same?
It's not really about Orion vs. Muchmore on the LCD. I think that is more about the time it was produced at Muchmore. The Cell Masters that we received late last year had more white backlights than the previous batches. Your Motor Master is probably just newer than your Cell Master from a production standpoint. You can be confident that there is nothing wrong with either of them.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hey guys, is there any information on MM's dedicated LiPo charger we heard about? How about an update to the CellMaster that can do LiPo at more than 1A? Orion is poised to release a new LiPo pack that could get much greater acceptance from the touring car crowd, and it would be nice to stick with MM's quality products when making the switch to LiPo.

just echoing syndr0me's questions, is there any update planned for the cell master now that the new Orion 3200 LiPo is out?
It would be nice to be able to charge the Orion LiPo's with my Cell Master?
Anyone?!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.