Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Much-More cell master v1 >

Team Much-More cell master v1

Team Much-More cell master v1

Old 08-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Problem with Cell master

My Cellmaster shows 0.310 V for a 6-cell battery pack and stops after a few seconds charging with low cell. I've tried all my packs and the error occurs with all. I've also checked the thin wires for current detection and run a few resets.

Can anyone help?

It's a bit urgent because we have the german nationals in 10 days time :-(
Old 08-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brandbrainz
My Cellmaster shows 0.310 V for a 6-cell battery pack and stops after a few seconds charging with low cell. I've tried all my packs and the error occurs with all. I've also checked the thin wires for current detection and run a few resets.
(
a buddy of mine had the same problem as well after about 2 months of getting it... Ryan did advised re-soldering the thin black wires on the crocodile clips several posts back... but we haven't had the chance to try this fix as the charger had already been brought back to the dealer to have it sent for repair by then... its been about 4 weeks already and still no news of it though... i do hope a simple fix will work coz its a nifty charger, quite unfortunate if it is marred by such bugs... i have one myself, hope it doesn't give me any problems
Old 08-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default temp probe magnet

Ryan, Keith or James...

Do you guys have any plans to modify the existing temp probe so that it can be placed within a magnet? the team orion advantage temp probe is efficiently designed with the temp probe inside a magnet. and the magnet is curved so it sits perfectly on top of a cell. it'd be a good "hop-up" for the charger. just thought and curious. thanks!

Keith... see you at nats! when are you arriving?

- Chris
Old 08-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah it's pretty cool hop up but we been using our temp sensor just fine.
here is the big question how are we gonna use the round magnet sensor with battery heatsink?

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Ryan, Keith or James...

Do you guys have any plans to modify the existing temp probe so that it can be placed within a magnet? the team orion advantage temp probe is efficiently designed with the temp probe inside a magnet. and the magnet is curved so it sits perfectly on top of a cell. it'd be a good "hop-up" for the charger. just thought and curious. thanks!

Keith... see you at nats! when are you arriving?

- Chris
Old 08-23-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeamMuchMore
here is the big question how are we gonna use the round magnet sensor with battery heatsink?
I guess both types of temp sensor have their advantages and disadvantages. It is nice how the MMR one is a little more versatile. I like how Ryan Lee mounts his MuchMore temp sensor when using the heatsink:

Originally Posted by Ryan Lee
Old 08-24-2005, 02:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamMuchMore
hehe.. it all depends if keith brings them

i was just gonna get the magnet container..and throw that around the MMR temp sensor until i get my heatsinks. *hint* *hint*

btw.. James, you coming down for nats also?
Old 08-24-2005, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default False Peak on CellMaster

I experienced false peak at the start of charging with Linear Charge function. Delta peak set at 0.05, charge rate 5A, 3300 GP matched batteries. While with Turbo 35 or ProTrak, I don't encounter this problem.
Anybody can help? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Piyo Piyo
I experienced false peak at the start of charging with Linear Charge function. Delta peak set at 0.05, charge rate 5A, 3300 GP matched batteries. While with Turbo 35 or ProTrak, I don't encounter this problem.
Anybody can help? Thanks in advance.
A 05 setting on the Cell Master is actually .005, not .05.
The MMR super linear current does not require high delta peak settings. The battery can false peak in linear mode if the battery has been trayed or dead-shorted.

In CTX mode, the battery will not false peak, because it is locked against delta peak in the first two phases.

If you use regular linear mode, you should set the long lockout. The setting for the long lockout is in the main setup menu (hold down "<" for three seconds). After you start charging, then hold down ">" to activate the lockout. You will see the key pop up on the screen. During lockout, the charger will still peak if the battery temp reaches your set temp cutoff.

Or, you can set up a CTX profile with 5A in all three phases...5A to 2500mah, 5A to 2600mah, and 5A to 4500mah. This will still be a linear charge, but makes it so you do not have to set a long lockout .

Last edited by Nexus Racing; 08-24-2005 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Ive just recenlty purchaced a Team Much More Cell Master Charger the problem Im having is that when im in the step 2 mode the charger will charge a little bit and then it willstop charging and it will do this over and over till I get a Error message check clip Do I have this setup wrong or is there a defect with the charger my setup is

Step 1

2650 ma 7.0a
Flex off

Step 2

2680ma 0.2a
Flex off

4200ma 6a

Flex off

delta peak 09

It does it every time it goes to step 2
your help would be greatly appreciated

Im using 3300 Dead shorted batteries
Old 08-26-2005, 11:02 PM
TDO
Tech Apprentice

Just another questions (perhaps already answered somewhere in this thread..). I have set peakdetection at 8mv. Is the peakdetection per cell or per 6-cell pack?
Old 08-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by noline
Ive just recenlty purchaced a Team Much More Cell Master Charger the problem Im having is that when im in the step 2 mode the charger will charge a little bit and then it willstop charging and it will do this over and over till I get a Error message check clip Do I have this setup wrong or is there a defect with the charger my setup is

Step 1

2650 ma 7.0a
Flex off

Step 2

2680ma 0.2a
Flex off

4200ma 6a

Flex off

delta peak 09

It does it every time it goes to step 2
your help would be greatly appreciated

Im using 3300 Dead shorted batteries
Check to make sure that the flex charge is actually off. It should say "Fn" in all the CTX setup menus. When I first tried the CM, I thought that "F" meant "fan", and my charger did the exact same thing.
I don't think that it is possible for the CM to flex charge at only .2A, so it cuts the charge off.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TDO
Just another questions (perhaps already answered somewhere in this thread..). I have set peakdetection at 8mv. Is the peakdetection per cell or per 6-cell pack?
8mV (a setting of 08) is for the entire pack, no matter how many cells .
Old 08-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe allready asked & answered but:

1) is the cutoff voltage when discharging for the pack or per cell?
2) is it possible to discharge and then charge in a cycle ones instead of charge and discharge?
Old 08-31-2005, 06:54 AM
TDO
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
8mV (a setting of 08) is for the entire pack, no matter how many cells .
Thankx Nexus
Old 09-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

PLEASE HELP ME. I plugged in my pmwe and a bright spark came out of the box. I opened it up and the 250 v 5a fuse was blown, but I changed the fuse and still got nothing. What the HELL do I do?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.