Search

2012 2nd Annual Short Course Shootout

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default 2012 2nd Annual Short Course Shootout

We are proud to announce that the Short Course Shootout will be returning for a second year running along side The 5th Annual Chili Bowl Jr. Last year we had 80 entries between the 3 days of racing and we hope to make this years race even bigger. The event will be held January 11th through the 13rd in the Mustang Arena in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It will again be held after the oval races with practice starting around 4 p.m and the races starting around 6p.m. We will have 4 classes this year:

Novice: Any 2 of 4wd short course truck, sc truck bodies, 6 cell of 2s lipo
2wd Stock: Any 2wd short course truck, sc truck bodies, 17.5 no timing advance on speed controls, 6 cell or 2s lipo
2wd Mod: Any 2wd short course truck, sc truck bodies, open motor, 6 cell or 2s lipo
4wd: Any 4wd stort course truck, sc truck bodies, open motor, 6 cell or 2s lipo

All classes will run on short course tires only, no 1/8th tires. All trucks will be put through tech immediately after every race. The track will be much bigger this year and will be in the same place as the "big" oval was last year. More details will come later as to specific size and possibly sneak peek of the layout. Entry fees will be $20 for the first class and $10 for each additional. We will run 2 heats and a main each night.

Also new this year is the King of the Mountain award. It will go to the racer in each class that has the most points after the 3 night of racing. Points will be awarded based on a racers finish each night 1st-100 2nd-99 3rd-98 ect... There will also be a bonus point for TQ'ing a class. Last year the King of the Mountain and of the entire event was newly wedded Adam Wilbourne. Can anyone dethrone him this year?

We are also looking for dirt sponsors which would be $100 to sponsor a load of dirt for the event. Also the title sponsorship is still avalible if you are interested in either sponsorship contact us at [email protected].

All updates and info will be on www.adamscreekrc.net.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Well guys, it's getting closer every day. I plan on racing in the SCT 4x4 class, if I'm not too broke to make the trip. If you hope to make this event, speak up and tell us what classes your going to run, and if your buying tickets to the race next door. I sent Tony Stewart an e-mail last week asking if he was racing in the Chili Bowl Nationals, and inviting him to come next door and visit and/or race with us if he's got the time.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default help

Are you guys racing 1/8 nitro buggies at the chilibowl JR. Thanks
Old 12-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm planning on racing novice.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by okla_elite_RC
I'm sorry, this is not an offroad race, it's a circle track race. No 8th scale buggy class, just 8th scale EDM, or Nitro Sprint: which I think is 10th scale. I'll copy your question to another forum and let them know you have some questions.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

If you are referring to Off-road, the only off-road racing will be the 1/10th Short Course trucks on the off-road track.

If you are wanting to run a 1/8 buggy on the oval, please read the rules on dirtoval.com under the 2012 Chili Bowl Jr. thread.

You have to run Losi DLM2 tires (no off-road tires) and the car must be set up to race oval (i.e. 1/8th Late Model body, no buggy bodies).
Old 12-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Yes sir they are running them on the oval as stated above. We will only be running short course trucks on the off-road.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys only just over a week away now. We are going to run a special on entry fees head over to www.adamscreekrc.net and check it out.

Hope to see everyone there.

Thanks, Brian