Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glitch Central!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Angry Glitch Central!

Ok, I got my axis2 running, and the first problem I have is that it glitches like no other. Now, I realize that my XXL receiver has had an antenna change and that my antenna on my 3PS radio is the SILVER one, not the Black, taht it is more prone to glitch. In fact, the SILVER 3PS antenna has failed me, but ONLY ONCE, and there were nitro cars running. and it works great when theres none around. Interesting thing is that a) the servo wire is exposed in a spot b) the spur is no more than 2 centimeters away from the receiver.

It runs great within a 15-20 foot radius, then I lose complete control, as if someone was on my frequency. It stops, then goes a little crazy.

Any tips? Help? I cant run this beast until the problems are fixed, and I really dont want to buy a new receiver and radio antenna unless I know taht they are the problems.

Thanks!

-Paul
Old 09-17-2001, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

mine works fine, everything is in stock positions, I run my servo wire under front belt right by the front end of the motor mount
Old 09-17-2001, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

It doesnt matter if it is silver or black TX antenna.

One thing you need to make sure that the XXL receiver is particular for futaba. Novak has XXLs for KO, Futaba and Sanwa(airtronic).
Old 09-17-2001, 07:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

psy87:

I too was once in your boat. And it sounds like the same symptons I had with the Axis2.

I was using a 75mhz 3PJS radio with a futaba receiver.
I changed everything out, even the graphite chassis. I tried mounting the receiver on the body, I grounded the top deck, etc.

I eventually had to go to 27mhz PCM to fix the problem. And a couple of weeks afterwards, I changed cars.

Believe me, I tried EVERYTHING and the freq. change was the only thing that worked.

Good luck.
Old 09-17-2001, 07:28 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default True story about radio problems.

I was trying to help one of our racers. Poor guy, got a brand new Multiplex 7 channel radio, and we couldn't figure out how to get it to work. Truly sad. It is very complicated, I'm glad that my Lynx 3D FM is much easier.

Anyway, he went back to his old radio, and was having problems there. We looked and looked and looked. Finally I thought I wonder if the aluminized tape that he had around his TX crystal was interfering with the radio. I pulled the crystal out. Worse than that, it was a SHORT! I pulled off the tape, and put some plastic tape on instead for him to use as a pull.

But he was on the same channel as someone else. So I loaned him another set of Crystals. As he was leaving, he remembered to give my crystals back, but HE FORGOT TO TAKE HIS OWN. I will mail them to him when I go back to my office on Wednesday. He lives out of town.

Cmotif <><
Old 09-18-2001, 07:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sanwa XXL

I think I have the old-style Airtronics XXL receiver.

Ahh, gotta run to school, more on this later.
Old 09-19-2001, 03:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Glitching still giving me heartaches. It runs perfect in a 15 foot radius then just dies and glitches, exactly as if i'd turned off the radio. Weird
Old 09-19-2001, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

That is not wierd. Are you running the graphite chassis with it? Mine worked perfectly until I put the graphite chassis on. Then it did exactly what you are talking about.
Old 09-19-2001, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Ummm put double servo tape under the reviever and don't let the reciver wire touch the graphite. Don't run the car with powerlines dirctly above where you are cause it can interfere with the TX/RX communication. Did you cut the reciever wire ? good luck.
Old 09-20-2001, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Its stock S1. The receiver wire was once broken, then the wire was completely replaced. Its probably not as good as new, but it worked flawlessly so far.
Old 09-20-2001, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry for the posts then. I think your problem is something else.

Good luck with it.

-rodney
Old 09-20-2001, 09:17 PM
Tech Initiate

youre probably just in a high interference area........
time to figure out if there really is extra-terrestrial life out there
Old 09-22-2001, 05:35 AM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default ESC question

Hi guys,

I'm kinda new in RC and I just started using ESC's 2 weeks ago....my problem is I can only control my car about 40 meters or so since I start using ESC's (I have 2 Novaks) but before I used to have control up to 70 meters in MSC's.

I tried changing my receiver, changing its positions and even change my radio but still whenever I used ESC I only get 40 meter radius...unlike 70 meter in MSC.

Is this normal?

Thanks
Old 09-22-2001, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Hi,
Try adjusting the position of your receiver and antenna, ensure they're far away from the *motor*. I have random glitches when my antenna's beside the motor but next to nill now that my antenna is mounted slightly behind the front bulkhead.

~Alvin
Old 09-22-2001, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

psy,

I've seen transmitter modules go bad twice now... it's not something you'd usually check...

Trips