Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jamie Corrado
Mike I need to speak with you.
Sent you an email
Old 11-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all-choose your weapons!!

I think that Jaco and Parma tires handle different enough that you can have both in your pit box. The Jaco have a stffer rim. They have a slightly wider strip of orange too on the combo tires. They are useable down to about 2.19" or so. But in contrast-they work well big-probably due to the stiffer rim.

The Parma tires in contrast have a smaller rim and not quite as stiff (though much stiffer than the TRC yellow rims). The tire is useable down to 2.15 or less and they have plenty of grip that small too. Also they have a thinner strip of orange on their combo tires. The parma tires are shade lighter too

I always thought Jacos felt best 2.30" to 2.22" and now that I have been running Parma tires-I like them 2.28" to 2.17". I start them both at about 2.33" and let them wear down, but they both feel there best at a different sizes TO ME!!!

I cannot comment on TRC because I havent run them two years.

Ray
Old 11-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As far as chunking, I found that a nice radius or a chamfer on the outside edge helps alot, also the proper wheel opening in the body helps. If you get hit and the body is forced into the tire then nothing will help.
I found Twister tires to work well on carpet. For 13 dollars a pair they're worth a try.
10.60 a pair if you buy 10 pair.

Last edited by jag88; 11-09-2004 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Bodido
Why do people always have to post this pointless crap? I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that hitting stuff is bad. Even Masami hits stuff.

Tires do tend to dry rot over long periods of time, especially when they aren't sealed in a bag or something.

Are the tire beads glued to the rim?

Yes they are glued to the rim..Its just weird b/c I went all season last year with hardly chunking them at all and it was our first race on the carpet this season and I have to replace them. I will remember to put them in like plastic bags I guess.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Jack Smash
Don't forget you have to factor all the labor involved with manufacturing tires, plus running the front office and paying for the building, electricity, machines. Then the distributor marks them up and then your hobby shop wants to keep their lights on as well. I've been racing with foams since 1992 and the prices of exotic rubber foam tires haven't really gone up since then.
I'm quite aware.... But why can we get certain brands for let's say under $9 a pair while others are upwards of $18 a pair??? Double the price but are they twice as good??? The minisule amount of palstic used to make a thicker rim doesn't equate to double the price...

Do you really think that there's one person who puts foam onto the rim all day? How much of it is automated??? Think they are not making less in a day that the minimun wage in the US is???
Old 11-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Ok,
1) All foam is not from the same manufacture!!

2) TRC CANNOT be compaired to any other foam out there unless you have a HIGH DOLLAR durometer. The cheap ones are only good for a guess-tamite.

3) Chunking does come from hitting things. Solution 1,stop hitting things 2, glue the outside edge of the tire going over the chambered edge about an 1/8 of an inch on to the contact patch of the tire.

4) Prices have not increased on exotic foams in a LONG time.

5) Buying more than 1 set at a time will save you money if you talk to the right people.

6) Allways store foam tires in some sort of sealed container.

7) True your tires folks 60mm to 57mm to start they will chunk less and last longer!!

and last!!

8) 90% of the time Cheaper foam is for nitro, it has a different composition and is not the same foam even though the durometer reading is the same.

The Oz has now spoken!! LOL
Old 11-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Considering that Jaco, Ellegi, etc. are made from the same company, wouldnt they be exactly them same foam? The only differece I see is that the choice of rim. I've always been running Jaco, nothing else, and I'm tired of how the rim cracks, and the tires chunk after 3 weeks. I did the gluing of the sidewalls and I dont really hit things and they still would chunck. So im willing to try a different company.

Looks like im gonna try Ellegi's, considereing I've seen people run them at the track. Also, please done tell me what company tire you reccomend(Jaco, TRC, etc.) . I want a different sort of non-brand company that would sell near $10 a pair.

Thanks for the help,
Paul
Old 11-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Yes some companys do use the same foam manufacture but the compounds and rating systems are not exactly the same. Use what ever tire company you want to I was just giving you another one to choose from.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Paul... GQ's on saturday.... The orange rim goes well with my paintjob too....
Old 11-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Cool Allan, I'll wait and see wait you think of them
Old 11-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

if you spend an extra $10 for an extra 0.01v on batteries, why not spend the extra $4 and get race-quality tires? which one makes more difference?
just food for thought...
Old 11-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Losi Will
, why not spend the extra $4 and get race-quality tires?
what if I tried something new and they seemed to be "race quality" tires? Wouldnt they be worth it?
Old 11-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Losi Will
if you spend an extra $10 for an extra 0.01v on batteries, why not spend the extra $4 and get race-quality tires? which one makes more difference?
just food for thought...
Hmm, good point, for what its worth, the tires will make you faster before the batteries will. Now both and some skill in a bottle will be great.

The "right" tire will always be much easier to dial a car in with.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Paul_TC4
Cool Allan, I'll wait and see wait you think of them
Of course you will... I'm the guinea pig remember??? hehe...
Old 11-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Paul_TC4
what if I tried something new and they seemed to be "race quality" tires? Wouldnt they be worth it?
they won't be...there is a reason why you will never see any of the pros with anything besides jacos and trcs...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.