Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
(Newbie Question) Team Associated TC3 electric RTR any good? >

(Newbie Question) Team Associated TC3 electric RTR any good?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Newbie Question) Team Associated TC3 electric RTR any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default (Newbie Question) Team Associated TC3 electric RTR any good?

I am getting back into the hobby after some years away (3-4), used to have an HPI (RS4 something or other) that I had to assemble myself, but ran across on eBay a 1/10 Scale, 4WD RC10-TC3 by Team Associated.

Any good? The price is reasonable (brand new) and it's got an Alfa Romeo body on it. I drive Italian cars in real life, would like to have one for r/c racing as well.

It's near RTR, I believe it's fully assembled, but lacking the radio controller, and a few other odds and end, here is the link to the auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

If there is other that is better, and cheaper (or cheaper) please enlighten me, I'm a returning novice and a tad lost.

Cheers!
Old 11-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

WIth the TC3 now an "OLD" car you can prob. go on e-bay and find a Factory team TC3 with radio and all the graphite and "good stuff" for about what you are willing to pay for that "RTR" without the radio.

There are TONS of FT TC3's on e-bay
Old 11-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

That is the TC3 Racer kit, same as RTR but without electronics. $50 more and you could have a TC4 Team Kit or shop around and youll be able to get a Factory Team TC3 used for less than that.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:49 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

Dont get the TC4!, im not gonna look into one until it has been proven one of the best there is and the FT kit is out! also the price of the FT TC3 will come down now its out and the TC3 may be old but it still kicks A$$
Old 11-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

thats true but the tc3 is a GOOD car.i perfer a cheap factory team tc3 or a tc3 racer or a tc4. the factory kit has alot of expensive parts so if you break like i do you dont want to spend that kind of money. the tc4 is a set up car right out of the box so you are less likly to crash also there will be more parts coming in for a CHEAPER price. the racer is a good car and the parts are less expensive.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

If u look at teh TC3 and the TC4, there isn't really much of a big difference, but it really is a good car to start with. Just get the RTR kit if u just want to get back into the hobby but if u want to, u can always get a Pro 4 kit, or a TC4 kit and just buy all the electronics to satisfy u^_^
Old 11-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks for the info, a few more questions

Is that kit compatible with upgrades? In other words, if I wish to add better parts, will it accept it, or do I have to purchase a different kit for that?

Also, I didn't see it listed, but I made the assumption (bad on my part), do I have to assemble this kit? Not that I mind, I've done it before on my HPI, but I want to be forewarned...
Old 11-09-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you can find a Used Factory Team kit the only hop ups you will need is optional front 4 degree C carriers, the optional front and rear toe and caster blocks and shock springs. That should get you started.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

TC3 is very good car.
If you're a beginner you might be better off with the RTR version that can be found for just over 200$.
The Racer (and RTR) kit should be compatible with all the upgrades available for TC3.