Wiki Posts
Search

recommend a tx and rx

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default recommend a tx and rx

ok so since im going to get back into this.. I figured I may get a few cars.. Since i have been away from all of this stuff technology has changed alot..
so im buying a tmaxx classic and yes it comes with a trans and receiver... but when i decide to get my axial scx-10.. ill either get the kit that comes complete but then end up with 2 controllers... ok well then both can be played at the same time... but different animals...

so from what im reading.. you can have a controller mapped to multiple vehicles... so should look at a better transmitter....
i prefer a stick controller....

i figure the scx-10 that i want down the line.. i want to add lights, winch and other things... so 5-6 channels?

what would be the downside to one even bigger? im not looking for professional setups for racing and the sort that run $500-$900....

but on here, the advertisements showed Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver .... after a google.. i found them for $55-$80... ok that is really cheap.. so im guessing it is junk?

what would you recommend that if you were to have a nitro basher, electric scaler and maybe a few others like onroad electric/nitro and say a ralley car????

just trying to look at my options...
Old 08-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yes, that's really cheap for a 8 ch controller - I paid almost $300 for my 7C controller. But don't totally dismiss it as junk. From what I've seen, they can be a little hit and miss, but of you get a good one, it'll be a decent unit and reliable. Lots here are using pistol type controllers by HK/Turnigy.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah i see pistol type is highly used... im an old school stick guy.. plus if i decide to get a helicopter.. that helps!!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

All I was trying to say....if the pistol controller is good, the stick controller should be as well.

If I needed another 7+ch controller, that Turnigy one would get a very hard look.