Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reedy Touring Car Race Updates >

Reedy Touring Car Race Updates

Reedy Touring Car Race Updates

Old 05-22-2002, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Default Reedy Touring Car Race Updates

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know how things are shaping up for this years Race. I will be race directing this year and am out here helping Fred and the crew get everything ready. The track looks great. For those of you that are attending this years race, you will not be disapointed. It will be a great event. If you are within driving distance of the track, you will want to come down and watch the racing this weekend, We will also have a hobby expo going with all of the sponsors of this years event. They will have tents set up showing their latest products. You will be able to get info, ask questions and see some of the best drivers in the world racing on one of the premeir facilities in the US. The world championships were just held last week in South Africa, and new World Champion Surikarn C. Will be making the trip from Thailand. This just in today, Masami Hirosaka will also be attending. Along with other drivers from Japan and Europe. If anyone has any questions, just let me know. I will do my best this week to keep eveyone updated here on TT. Take care, Scotty
Old 05-22-2002, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Scotty,
The race packet says all registered drivers will have a covered pit space. Do we need to bring a chair or anything?
Once we register and get a pit space, will we have the same one throughout the race or is it first come first served every day?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2002, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Hi Scotty! Did anyone else make the trip with you? Keep us informed!
Old 05-22-2002, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

I'll be going to watch...

What time does it start?

10am?
Old 05-22-2002, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Good Luck to all racers, and mostly to the TAMIYA Team TRF!!!
Old 05-22-2002, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default first Tamiya TCS race!

Check my site http://homepage.mac.com/izzyracer/iMovieTheater9.html
and you can see the first TCS race ever held, including myself with Tyrel Phillips of Novak heheh! It was fun! You can see here the track layout YIKES!
Old 05-22-2002, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

scotty....you are the man.....i know you will do a great job....as always.....
Old 05-23-2002, 02:03 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Sounds like this will be a Reedy Race to remember.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

hi scotty,

when are you coming back to the philippines? are you still running a tc3? regards.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:02 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Any Reedy updates yet?
Old 05-25-2002, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Reedy race will definitely look like an interesting one. Guys who looked really fast were Barry, Hara, and of course, the great One, Masami. He just seems to have a presence on the track that you know he's on and he is FAST!!!

Most of the cars looked like they were on the loose side, especially on the hairpin right before the first chicane. And, if you did go through it well, you might just hit the island and LAUNCh your car to the suicide boards! Lots of cars have fallen victim to the boards.

I will be placing BULLS-Eye stickers on that board with Points to see who actually has the most points of the weekend. The tires seemed to be a good choice for this race. I think because of the no one way rule, people automatically assumed that their car will have no or little steering and tried to compensate with the set up. I actually did not change anything in my Penguin Pro 3 and it is HOOKED!

This weekend will be interesting..especially the MIND GAMES!!!

I mean..you have a 10 turn rule, you'll see some of the PRO's just BLOW BY another pro and you just know they are not running a 10 turn. Now you have Some Pro Drivers freaking thinking their car is slow. It is just too funny to watch! I guess at a big race like this, these things happen...What a way to PSYCHE someone out!! The funny thing is, it actually WORKED!!! It looks like they were practicing with an 8 turn or maybe lower..there just is too much of a difference of speed considering these guys get the BEST of everything..batteries included!

Lets see what Saturday has in store..i am hoping to make the A in Open Mod...i will be happy if i do..if not...it is still a great experience. I'll keep yuou guys posted.

charlie b
Old 05-25-2002, 06:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

charlie_b: that does sound pretty funny to screw with people's heads like that. The advantage will wear off once true qualifying times start posting, but before then, it sounds like something funny to do.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Wouldn't it seem somewhat logical to set your car up for a faster speed and then when you finally bolt in that 10 turn your car will be more efficient through the corners because you had to setup your car to turn with the extra hp? Provided of course that you do not go too far on chassis setup.
Old 05-26-2002, 12:25 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Plus I would think that practicing with a faster car would get your reaction time up a bit for when race time actually comes. Might as well be at the top of your game before the racing starts. (Not like those guys really need it anyway, but still...)
Old 05-26-2002, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Where can we see results from this race, didnt have a chance to go to it this year, and I have lots of friends driving in it, and wanted to see how they were doing?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.