Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Westchester, NY RC Track - Coming Soon!!!! >

Westchester, NY RC Track - Coming Soon!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westchester, NY RC Track - Coming Soon!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 335i
that sucks but why are you going to change the facility all together? To me having it there was a no brainier. Can't they just clean up the water and put down some new carpet? I mean they would most likely have to do this anyways.
Well that would be the best bet trust me we tried to talk through it with management, but being a freak accident as it was and if you combine that frustration and time alottment of how long the facility (that part of the space) is down for and with management kinda going back on there initial excitement for the plan we found it was in everyone's best interest to go in another direction, it was almost like a sign that we shouldn't be there (and i hate to say this but the space could have been better, we made the best of it with the template but for everyone to be happy we needed a space like the one we found today)...As we found out the newer facility is bigger/wider and closer for all which we believe makes it worth all the hassle to try and change things up!

I hope you and everyone else sticks with us through this again we are committed to making this happen, and everyday our following has gotten bigger and bigger with connections from Staten Island, New Jersey, Bronx and a small section of Westchester coming on board, even some teams who are having there own meets starting the end of August *check our FB page to see all the lastest -

There is a reason why this type of establishment has yet to happen in our area and we are doing our best to break the mold -

Last edited by DriftKingNy; 08-17-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

oh I see, that makes perfect sense. Yea that might have been a blessing in disguise after all you know. Better to do it right the first time and get the space you need and a facility that is willing to run with you on the idea. Well I'm deff interested as I'm looking at picking up at TC to run here. Keep us posted on what happens for sure.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

This great news for the Drift and Onroad community. I'm sure when the track starts up it'll benefit the drift guys a little more than the onroad guys but with enough interest from the onroad community I hope we get some onroad racing in westchester.

Drift is a little easier than onroad due to not needing an expensive timing system and expensive carpet or asphalt. i know some people race on hardwood and other stuff but carpet and asphalt are the most common in the US.

As you already know (DriftKingNY) let me know if there is any help i can provide.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Adept

thanks, for directing me to your thread, it's great that other venues are opening up in new york, here on staten island we have been trying to continue the hobby and not let it die out, with a winter spot the fun will keep going throughout the year. As far as the drift / touring races are concern, it's difficult but doable, set track dates need to be enforced so that there no conflicts with either class and the racers, drift night is drift night no touring as well as touring days no drifters please. SIRCCC is proud to say that as a drift / touring club we have has much success because of this rule, hopefully it can be apply if possible. the tri-state area has over 40 drifters and several teams.

SKAVENGER DRIFT CREW - BRONX
SHAOLIN SHADOW DRIFTERS - STATEN ISLAND
TEAM RAIKOU - STATEN ISLAND
TEAM TANTRUM - BROOKLYN
TOXIC DRIFT - NEW JERSEY
V95 - NEW JERSEY
DRIFTSLYVANIA - PA
and other solo drifters, which I'm sure will be attending this venue. As far as passing the word I have done so already and waiting for the go ahead, so when you guy are ready, please let me know, we will support the drift scene 100%.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SIRCC
...As far as the drift / touring races are concern, it's difficult but doable, set track dates need to be enforced so that there no conflicts with either class and the racers, drift night is drift night no touring as well as touring days no drifters please. SIRCCC is proud to say that as a drift / touring club we have has much success because of this rule, hopefully it can be apply if possible...

That is interesting. What are the issues that come up that formed this rule?
Old 08-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Initiate

You guys have a serious crew! My goal is to try and unite everyone in the community and outlying areas together so we can really expand the hobby! Its starting to really pick up right now so i think thats a great start! One of my personal hobbies inline with RC's is creating bodies, i am currently working an a AE86 -

Here is a pic we took the other day - we are working on group shots etc. in the meantime while we wait for the management of the new space to get back to us, we also have alot of hobby shops on board willing to help us do what it takes to make a track over here a reality - your right when it rains or in the winter the hobby dies out for some time -

We also have been promoting doing some parking lot slide and race sessions all over the area lately

Attached Thumbnails Westchester, NY RC Track - Coming Soon!!!!-286523_2220602645260_1553493903_2317484_4012306_o.jpg   Westchester, NY RC Track - Coming Soon!!!!-288490_1949722537153_1065294645_31770528_6737355_o.jpg   Westchester, NY RC Track - Coming Soon!!!!-289414_2209375044577_1553493903_2301696_235084_o.jpg  

Last edited by DriftKingNy; 08-20-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Any updates?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by raffaelli
Any updates?
well I was racing at GPNY last night and spoke to one of the managers there. They seemed to think that this is still a go. They said that they are going to use the racers lounge area for the RC track. I didn't see any evidence of water damage in the spot they originally wanted. Supposedly the track would be ready by the end of September.

Spiting up the class makes perfect sense. Drifting and racing are very different. I for one don't care for drifting and prefer to concentrate on racing.
Right now I'm stuck to off road because of track availability.

Time will tell if that actually happens. Deff going to wait before I buy any type of on road car lol.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys,

Nothing new to report sadly as we have come up against a David & Goliath type situation here and will not make the Sept. 10th date -

As for the old venue, they replaced the carpets with two completely different types and colors (looks awful and is not made for RC's) and will not tell anyone (for obvious reason) what went down, they also did some what of a Jekyll and Hyde on us making that idea a done deal, It was a blessing in disguise believe me -

Anyway the new venue is asking for all kinds of things we are in the process of filing a more complete and fool proof plan kind of thing - while we wait we are having mini meet and greets and we are doing complete bodies (AE86s just finished, waiting on the E30s now!) in the meantime

Let me say we are trying beyond are abilities to still make it happen but these things take time and we now see why it hasnt happened already around these parts - stick with our FB group for the upcoming news, events, pics, videos, etc. for the latest is my advise right now!

There are two events coming up if anyone is interested i believe one is Aug. 27th in the Bronx by Yankee Stadium and the other is in Jackson NJ in Sept. sometimes, i believe both are pretty official drifting events, should be fun!

Last edited by DriftKingNy; 08-24-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

why don't you just set something up in one of the parking lots around the area. GPNY, has a huge outdoor parking lot. At least until you have an indoor venue setup.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Initiate

We actually have done test runs in parking lots over the past 2 weeks with our group and ran into private property issues within a half hour being there (we went to 3 different locals) - as for GPNY lets just say its out of the question now - we have parted ways ...

We are in a paper trail right now with the new venue as I just spoke to the owner of the space yesterday we are sending over all the info and he cant wait to get started, the hold up is insurance (for some reason he is asking us to have it) - Will keep everyone updated! Stay safe this weekend with Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene!

**Almost forgot we have a new affiliate within our main group WCRC's called "New York Drift Kings" its a team we are building when we do drift meets if anyone is interested** Pic is a sample of our logo we are thinking of which will be available to order on R2hobbies in the coming months!
Attached Thumbnails Westchester, NY RC Track - Coming Soon!!!!-nydksample.jpg  
Old 08-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DriftKingNy
We actually have done test runs in parking lots over the past 2 weeks with our group and ran into private property issues within a half hour being there (we went to 3 different locals) - as for GPNY lets just say its out of the question now - we have parted ways ...

We are in a paper trail right now with the new venue as I just spoke to the owner of the space yesterday we are sending over all the info and he cant wait to get started, the hold up is insurance (for some reason he is asking us to have it) - Will keep everyone updated! Stay safe this weekend with Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene!

**Almost forgot we have a new affiliate within our main group WCRC's called "New York Drift Kings" its a team we are building when we do drift meets if anyone is interested** Pic is a sample of our logo we are thinking of which will be available to order on R2hobbies in the coming months!
Insurance is something that is typically required of all tenants, you should not be surprised by that.

It would be nice if GPNY does come through with the track that someone mentioned here!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Yea Insurance is almost always required for something like this especially when you are using someone else's property or space. Most landlord or property management companies will not even consider holding an event unless you have insurance. They just can't be liable for anyone getting hurt and trying to sue.

This could be a big problem as insurance policies for something like this can get somewhat expensive.

I'm sure if you were having these meets on private property you would run in to trouble. These types of things should be held in public spaces such as parks and schools owned by the state. Any type of these areas should be fine as long as the law is followed(No violence/drugs/etc.). No one can really complain about it ether. I know of a dozen places right of the top of my head that we could utilize like this. Let me know if you would be interested.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by raffaelli
Insurance is something that is typically required of all tenants, you should not be surprised by that.

It would be nice if GPNY does come through with the track that someone mentioned here!
We weren't surprised about the insurance it was actually the opposite, so we are glad we can have our own in the new venue, it is essential! These are things that we are sorting out and the community need not to worry! Again we can't stress enough how not suitable GPNY is for this type of activity from many standpoints - Unfortunately that will be the last we talk about it, so lets move forward!

As for the public meet ups we were utilizing for some time a freshly new paved parking lot which was an issue for obvious reasons (but oh how we loved that asphalt!!) than we moved over to a park parking lot which was decent but not ideal - this next week is really the last week of activity for us out there as with September being around the corner comes all kinds of other responsibilities for us and lots of our members - this is why getting the indoor track going is important to us so we can have organized and set dates for meet ups and events!

Anyone up for a organized public meet and greet and RC run somewhere around the lower Westchester area (after Irene clean up I guess at this point) let us know so we can plan something -
Old 08-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DriftKingNy
Again we can't stress enough how not suitable GPNY is for this type of activity from many standpoints - Unfortunately that will be the last we talk about it, so lets move forward!

Sounds like they are moving forward with a track without you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.