Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Please Read me! Help me please!! I beg you!! Anyone and everyone!! >

Please Read me! Help me please!! I beg you!! Anyone and everyone!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Read me! Help me please!! I beg you!! Anyone and everyone!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default Awesome

Thanks a shit load.....You guys rock. I will check out the leakage and then I will take it to the LHS. Afterwards I will contact HPI if it leaking and shove the newly broken in Rs4 3 Car up their ass and make them send me a new one. For the simply reason of I shouldnt have any problems with a newly broken in 300 dollar car. Thanks again guys....Im sure I will see you all on here in the future to come.

Keep it real, and get ankle sheilds....if you drive like me!!

Dante`
Old 11-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Awesome

Originally posted by TurboLancer
Thanks a shit load.....You guys rock. I will check out the leakage and then I will take it to the LHS. Afterwards I will contact HPI if it leaking and shove the newly broken in Rs4 3 Car up their ass and make them send me a new one. For the simply reason of I shouldnt have any problems with a newly broken in 300 dollar car. Thanks again guys....Im sure I will see you all on here in the future to come.

Keep it real, and get ankle sheilds....if you drive like me!!

Dante`
go http://www.hpiracing.com/

and click the FAQ and also INSTRUCTIONS button... lots of help there!!!

mop
Old 11-05-2004, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hey

Ok people gather around.....Yesterday morning I toke My Ct4-s out for a spin in the Target parking lot....and well at about 68 MPH My baby discovered what airbourne felt like.....after finding a small flaw in the pavement. He was pernounced DOA. Moment of silence is in order. Buriel service will be held in the back yard. Now I must save up again just to afford another. I should start a donation commitee. LOL. Injuries include: Snapped exhaust, two busted wheel hubs, smashed battery box, lost servo and reciever, two snapped belts, a bruised foot and a dented fender(actual car). The engine was also found 3 feet from the accident scene. Evolution Lancer body was a total lose. Please feel my morn and race carefully and have pitty....lol

Dante`

P.s. The HPI is in the shop and awaiting verdict. Thank you.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Hey

Originally posted by TurboLancer
Ok people gather around.....Yesterday morning I toke My Ct4-s out for a spin in the Target parking lot....and well at about 68 MPH My baby discovered what airbourne felt like.....after finding a small flaw in the pavement. He was pernounced DOA. Moment of silence is in order. Buriel service will be held in the back yard. Now I must save up again just to afford another. I should start a donation commitee. LOL. Injuries include: Snapped exhaust, two busted wheel hubs, smashed battery box, lost servo and reciever, two snapped belts, a bruised foot and a dented fender(actual car). The engine was also found 3 feet from the accident scene. Evolution Lancer body was a total lose. Please feel my morn and race carefully and have pitty....lol

Dante`

P.s. The HPI is in the shop and awaiting verdict. Thank you.
u got to show us the pic..!!!! i got to see that thing!!!!

lol... u r soooooooo funny man!!!! LOL....
at least u have another HPI waiting for the verdict... LOL

VERY BEST OF LUCK TO YOU DUDE... now u have time to do some reading!!!!

mop
Old 11-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default LOL!!

Well actually I already place it in the hands of the LHS to see if its savageble. But if it isnt I will def. take pics and post them. I should have thought of that before. Believe me it wasnt pretty. LOL I felt like crying lol. But my girl was there so I didnt want to show my weakness haha. She stood there like WHAT!!! with her jaw on the ground, cause the sound aand site of it was out of this world....better than the 4th of July...LOL.

But any ways....whats the average Temp a car should be at after a good hard run? I remember reading like 250-300 degrees....I could be wrong.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default WAhhoooo

Ok how come noones answering this now? I went into my control panel and I didnt have this thread in it....it erased itself. Well I have built another HPI out of the used parts I had left over, now I have two cars that are HPI. The CT4-s was saved and rebuilt. I get all three back on Tuesday, I put HPI in the shop to get tuned up. AndThe CEN will be done then.

Does anyone know the average temp a Touring car should be? I have the on board temp monitor on it and well I just want to make sure its running the right temp....thanks

Old 11-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

most engins run between 220 with a max at 260 maybe a bit high after a race a cooler runing motor last longer and really produces more power not rpm
Old 11-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

it all depends on the head and the engine. the .15fe will run hot because the head is not big enough for sufficient cooling. it should run about 215 i wouldn't say too much more as i mentioned it doesnt really cool the engine down too much. a better performing engine can run around 230-250 as a normal temp i would not go past 250 as your engine will not last that long.

also depends on the percentage of nitro as well. 30-40% will make it run a little hotter then it would with 20%.

as for the hpi engine and not running if its not the bearing it could be the head if it ran that hot and then overheated the engine. again that motor is not a reliabe motor but its cheap and works for a short period of time. i think you meant only the cen ran that hot but not sure.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

wow , i just read this thread from the begining, after all you went throught with the HPI, the CEN goes and practically explodes.. it seems liek it should have been the other way around, but just curious, you said the motor was 3 feet away from the car after the crash, whatd it sound like when the motor disattached... that had to be insane
Old 11-09-2004, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Ok cool, I have them running around 250. I will cool them out just a tad. As far as the sound of the crash...it was sick sounding....I dont know if you ever heard someone wreck a bicycle at a high speed...if not watch the x games or something like that.....and well time it by 10...To someone who wrecked the bike wouldn't think anything of it besides the physical body abuse, but hearing that sound come from a gas car that is only 17 inches long is very sad sounding.

Not only did i break the car I also broke my bank fixing it.....

Future FYI for you all out there.....NITRO CARS DONT FLY!!!! LOL
Old 09-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Check out www.customRCcars.com for replacement parts, upgrades, and rtr kits.