Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 06:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Rims look very nice. Cant wait to try them.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry Josh I will be there on the 7th for iic, will you have some of the alloy suspension parts? I will take some to
Old 09-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lizardboy76
Sorry Josh I will be there on the 7th for iic, will you have some of the alloy suspension parts? I will take some to
If you have any of those cool looking 12scale rims I will take some to
Old 09-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here are 4 questions:
What is the complete ki for the griffin 12 going to cost?
What rims where used with the chassis before the new rims? Jaco or CRC
How is the cost for the conversion kit? What car the base? What are the hole size for attaching the front end?
Old 09-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Will the new CEFX Griffin Bulkhead (- Direct replacement for the R5 front end) allow the 1/12 car to be run with an angled servo? There appears to be clearance bewteen the arm mounting hole and the upright hole.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriftDreamer06
Here are 4 questions:
What is the complete ki for the griffin 12 going to cost?
What rims where used with the chassis before the new rims? Jaco or CRC
How is the cost for the conversion kit? What car the base? What are the hole size for attaching the front end?
anybody? anybody?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriftDreamer06
Here are 4 questions:
What is the complete ki for the griffin 12 going to cost? Cost for a complete kit is not set yet. Josh is still waiting on samples of some of the parts.
What rims where used with the chassis before the new rims? Jaco or CRC Jaco/Parma
How is the cost for the conversion kit? $185 per the website, www.cefx.net What car the base? Any link car really but the Asc 12R5 works best since the front end bolts right on What are the hole size for attaching the front end? 3mm, same as Asc 12R5
Old 10-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

CEFX Evo 2011 is finally here!

Well, it's much later than I wanted but looks like everything will be in stock while I am at IIC. All the kits/parts are up on www.cefxspeedshop.com so they are ready for pre-order. I am going to work on cutting graphite all today and I should have a fair amount done before I head off to IIC. The new mount/motor plates will be here next week and otherwise we are just waiting on the shoulder screws for the steering rack which will also be in next week.

The Evo 2011 is based off the car I ran at the Snowbirds last year but with a lot more testing and development done with the flexability of the car. The main focus was to find not only traction but an extremely high level of drivability in order to push the car as hard as you can each and every lap. The one thing I hated before was how my car would change balance over a run and was really sensitive to the grip of the tires (use, additive, etc). This new car, I've run as much as long as 14 minutes on a pack and managed to run equally fast lap times at the 1 minute mark vs the 12 minute mark with out a change in the traction/steering that the car would produce.

The chassis is a lot different now being 2mm and only 88mm wide. The cut outs and bulkhead supports/spacers allow us to "release" the bulkheads in a manner that give the car more flex at the direct front and rear of the car. This allows us to leave the center of the chassis solid for easy mounting of electronics but more importantly making those electronics a non-factor in the flex of the car - With other cars, it is critical if you use battery tape or servo tape to put your battery in. It's critical of all the little details because you can be hindering the chassis flex through the center of the car. With this method, we focus the flex more at the ends of the car allowing the chassis to work better with the top deck for a longer/more linear "spring rate" of the chassis and top deck plus the added bonus of de-sensitizing the chassis from anything you may do with your electronics.

Also with spacers under the bulkheads, they allow me to move the droop screws "inline" if you would with the shocks so you aren't twisting the suspension arms at droop. This also reduces the chance of the chassis bottoming during cornering. It works in combination with the new 2mm chassis to raise the differentials 1.5mm from last year's Evo for improved effeciency, traction and responce.

The super long top deck pretty much eliminates any chance of tweaking the car. I've run my test car a lot the past few weeks and have not been afraid to put it to the test with aggressive driving and some big crashes. To date, I've damaged other parts on the car but still have not tweaked the car or bent even the old motor/mount plates.

Now, some may hate the slider rack style steering but after running a lot of checks on all the different steering systems, I am convinsed this is one of the best and most simple set-ups. The responce is fast, the ackerman is extremely good and the bump steer is fantastic. Yes, it does get some play after a few hours worth of packs on the car (yes, I said hours) but I have yet to have the car not run straight and I really, really like the steering and feel from the car.

The shock towers have minor revisions but the main change is in material/shape and weight being lower and lighter.

I think the people who have seen me running and testing the car at The Gate and MSI would easily agree that this is the best TC I have had on carpet in years!! I've had so many positive comments from those who have seen it on the track. Honestly, just with my own feel and expectations I am really looking forward to IIC to see how this new car stacks up against the best TC racers on the planet.

Time to get to work here cutting and building - Tomorrow it's off to MSI for final shake downs before the flight to Vegas on Monday!!

If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to keep up with them even during IIC.
Attached Thumbnails CEFX 2011-evo-2011.jpg   CEFX 2011-evo-2011-1.jpg   CEFX 2011-evo-2011-2.jpg   CEFX 2011-evo-2011-3.jpg   CEFX 2011-evo-2011-4.jpg  

Old 10-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The car has been looking amazing Josh. Can't wait to put one together. See you at the track tomorrow!

Johnny
Old 10-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Josh, what suspension parts have you found to work best on this new chassis? Maybe a updated list of all the stuff are running on yours? Thanks.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Johnny - Thanks! See ya tomorrow!

BlackedOutREVO - My favorite combination so far has been the TOP suspension front and rear, Tamiya shocks, our new rack steering with Yokomo front and rear diffs. If I run a spool, I've been running the TOP one with the steel outdrives but I just recieved my Roche spools and parts so I will be trying that tomorrow to see which I prefer. We will also probably start stocking some of the Roche parts on our site and possibly use them in our kits in the near future - The rear axles and spools I just recieved are really nice!!

Updated the site a TON:

Evo 2011 kits/parts up and ready for Pre-Order - Expected shipping the week after IIC

New Z4 1/12 rims, tires and hubs up on the site. I expect to be able to start shipping tires by October 21st so we opened these up for Pre-Order also. Hubs will be in stock next week.

New tire trueing arbor should be coming about the time the tires are finished. I have to get that added to the site (possibly tonigh).

Also, added to the site the light weight Revtech face plate and another CEFX made part - Fiberglass timing ring - When you use the face plate together with the timing ring it cuts out an amazing 7grams from your motor. Huge weight savings from something that hangs so far off the side of the TC's or is unsprung weight in the pan car pods..

Should be all caught up on orders tonight, stuff to take to Vegas as well as some Evo parts to have ready to go for shipping when I return.

Back to it!!

Josh
Old 10-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Josh you have PM.
Thanks Willie..
Old 10-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Josh,

Good luck in Vegas.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Josh,
Have you tested the CEFX evo on asphalt with rubber setup? I'm very interested in the chassis but I read mostly carpet performances. Also you said TOP suspension fits and yokomo geardiff, this means I can use the complete TOP driveline as well?

Thanks, Danny
Old 10-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

koney - All the testing has been on carpet thus far but from my experience from my carpet/asphalt cars I think this one will drive well. It may have a little understeer so for that (when I get to asphalt) we will test some different top decks to sharpen up the corner entry steering. Yes, complete TOP driveline fits in the car with the exception of the rear belt we use - It's longer but it does come with the kit.

Thanks guys!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.