Wiki Posts
Search

RDLogics Mongoose

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Front Differential

Originally posted by JABRONI
is there a Front Diff available from any manufacturer for this car and if so what is the part # ?????
It is the same Diff case in front and the rear. The only different is the pulley. So you can use the front one way pulley on the rear Diff's case then it will become a front Diff. You only need to find a fitted dog bone(short). You can use Kyosho's dog bone. Kyosho have many different length dog bones. With short dog bone you can set the width to less than 198mm.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

It is the same Diff case in front and the rear. The only different is the pulley. So you can use the front one way pulley on the rear Diff's case then it will become a front Diff. You only need to find a fitted dog bone(short). You can use Kyosho's dog bone. Kyosho have many different length dog bones. With short dog bone you can set the width to less than 198mm.
Perhaps your looking at a different car because my rear diff is twice the size as my front one way set up and a differnt pulley is not going to make a difference !!
OR
I am seeing double LOL !!!!

I heard Team Magic has some type of front Diff vs. the one way that comes with the kit !!
Old 02-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Nitro Tech

Perhaps your looking at a different car because my rear diff is twice the size as my front one way set up and a differnt pulley is not going to make a difference !!
OR
I am seeing double LOL !!!!

I heard Team Magic has some type of front Diff vs. the one way that comes with the kit !!
Go to buy part #502115 Diff Case (2), Diff Case Cover (1) & Gasket (2)

You can find it on the manual parts list (Page 33)

With this "Diff Case Cover", the front pulley can be mounted.

Attached Thumbnails RDLogics Mongoose-502115.jpg  
Old 02-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default Front Differential

Ok Thx Dino I'll check it out !!!!!!

That looks more like what I'm looking for !!!
Old 02-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Front Differential

Ok Thx Dino I'll check it out !!!!!!

That looks more like what I'm looking for !!!
You are welcome. There is another pix more clearly. All you need is that Diff Cover,or you can say it is a adapter

It is just a sample....I'm lazy to assemble the front Diff now...
Attached Thumbnails RDLogics Mongoose-dscn0190.jpg  
Old 02-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: ybslow

Originally posted by isuzuguy
you're alive !
Finally back to life.

I will be at Revelation next weekend the 12 and 13th. I am leaving the 1/8th at home and will be running the Mongoose to get ready for the airtronics race.

How do you like the car?

Later.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

does team magic or rd logics make a set up station?
Old 02-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default yb slow

cars good .driver well ,could be better . i though you went to the winternats. have you driven your car at all ? make sure you bring
tires in all shores .seeya
Old 02-06-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by dino.tw
Cold weather use Serpent 30wt,hot weather use 35wt. FYI...
Quick question... Why use Serpent shock oil? Are they better? Because I know that they are slightly more expensive.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:38 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by InitialD
Quick question... Why use Serpent shock oil? Are they better? Because I know that they are slightly more expensive.
Good question!
small bottle easy to carry LOL
Old 02-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 1st Race meeting with my Mongoose

Yesterday was our first race meeting of the year here in Western Australia.

I slapped a set of 42 shore tyres all round, 40wt rear and 50wt front oils for the shocks with the kit springs and headed out for a few practice laps before the racing got under way.

The car felt rock solid. It changed direction without the fuss that my NTC3 did. I first thought that the car felt quite slow and I thought I would have to start looking for more speed from the gearing, but I thought I'd wait for the racing to start and see what the lap times said.

The lap record for our track is a 16.6 sec lap and my previous best was a 17.6. Yesterday I managed a 17.5 sec lap, but better than that, I managed a lot of consistent laps.

I had a couple of problems with the clutch clearances (my fault) and that caused the clutch to slip, so I only finished one qualifying run and that put me 3rd fastest for the day. I managed 17 laps in 5min 11 secs, and TQ was 17 laps in 5 min 9secs. In the final the clutch slipped again and I was out.

I was very happy with the way the car handled and more importantly with how well it changed direction. We have a large sweeping track with 2 sets of esses. The Mongoose was great through the esses where I was always fighting the NTC3.

I tried the kit tyres (40 shore arrows) all round at one point and found the car to be too tight without adding in some more steering, so Motorman's suggestion of finding a tyre that offers good rear grip and then sorting the front grip with different tyres should be a good way to go. I'll be trying this once I get the clutch under control.

It was a great start with the new car to know the speed is there with hopefully more to come. I think once I get the clutch sorted out my goal will be to make an 18 lap qualifyer on our track.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default Receiver Mount

I am planing on getting a mongoose combo from rd. My question is how does everyone mount their receivers? Also, does it come with a diff in the front or a one-way? I currently race 1/8th off-road, so i am used to receiver boxes. I am looking to get into nitro tc's. Also Motorman great job w/ the mongoose i was looking at earlier models of the g4 but there seemed to be so many problems with them i held off on getting one. You really seem to know your stuff. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally posted by Motorman
I can assure you that RD is comitted to ensuring that our customers are taken care of (price wise and product wise) like nothing you have ever experienced. That alone will be something that will make the car popular. Our pricing will be unequalled, and we will be listening to your comments. we are the new kid on the block and we will do what it takes.

what were not going to do is tell you we dont have a fuel tank issue LOL. we intend to be very candid with our products and issues because without the general public we don't have a business. I know thats probably a stunning revelation for those of you who have had bad experiences with other products.

Dennis Richey
Research and Development/Team Manager
Hi Dennis
just got the word from David C glad to be part of the team & running the mongoose @ region1 talk to you soon I got to get busy putting an order together.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: yb slow

Originally posted by isuzuguy
cars good .driver well ,could be better . i though you went to the winternats. have you driven your car at all ? make sure you bring
tires in all shores .seeya
RD was going to send me, but friggen work would not let me take a week off right now due to all the time I missed around the golidays with my hospital stay. I will be going to all of the Vegas races as well as the Texas Biggie and the sedan Nats in Texas and will probably try to go to the Great Lakes Challenge again. I will be busy and with limited vacation just couln't see spending a whoe week at one race.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default downstop

thanks dino, yeah i set that at four most of the time based on my hudy. im just not used to calling it downstop. thanks for the tip ill try to get a set of springs based on your recommendations and see how it handles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.