Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Chassis Setup App - Have you tried it? >

New Chassis Setup App - Have you tried it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chassis Setup App - Have you tried it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Stregone
personaly i am not too keen on spending that much money on an app. Not because i dont think it is worth it, but because i i am not completely confident that i will be using an iphone for the indefinite future. I would be all over an online or downloadable version.
+1
Old 07-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well I just bought it. Looks like I have a lot reading to do. Can't wait.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tcb22185
+1
+me
That's why I would purchase it as a PC-version, etc...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tcb22185
+1
Originally Posted by Stregone
personaly i am not too keen on spending that much money on an app. Not because i dont think it is worth it, but because i i am not completely confident that i will be using an iphone for the indefinite future. I would be all over an online or downloadable version.
Originally Posted by PizzaDude
+me
That's why I would purchase it as a PC-version, etc...
Hi Guys,

I certainly can understand why you would like a desktop version, but for now anyway, I will be sticking to the mobile device versions. Eventually there might be a desktop version.

Thank you
Old 08-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sidewaze
Thank you. Yes there is a lot of material to go through, but there is also a summary table as well as a scenario based "setup helper" that enables you to use the app effectively without having to read everything.

Cheers, and have fun!

Martin.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

This is such a good idea! Exactly what I was looking for. I restarted racing a year ago and love to learn about the setup and this app will definitely help. Now I'll be able to progress anywhere I will be . Thanks Martin, I'm really excited to try it out
Old 08-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Martin,

I recently Purchased your Book after looking online for help with setup and it has been Soo Helpfull and I just purchased the App and i would have even if the price was $20 Very current. Love the support and possibility of Pan Car Stuff as that is what I race in the winter

Again Awesome info you are Da Man!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sidewaze
Originally Posted by Pulse_
This is such a good idea! Exactly what I was looking for. I restarted racing a year ago and love to learn about the setup and this app will definitely help. Now I'll be able to progress anywhere I will be . Thanks Martin, I'm really excited to try it out
Originally Posted by jdeadman
Martin,

I recently Purchased your Book after looking online for help with setup and it has been Soo Helpfull and I just purchased the App and i would have even if the price was $20 Very current. Love the support and possibility of Pan Car Stuff as that is what I race in the winter

Again Awesome info you are Da Man!
Thanks Guys! I really appreciate the feedback!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Building Shocks

I had one person send me a msg asking about how to build xray shocks with zero rebound...so I thought I would share my response...

The xray plastic shocks are difficult to build with zero rebound while at the same time preventing many air bubbles. The alloy shocks for some reason are much easier to build.

The shallow bladders are not very strong and tend to tear easily making it hard to build without air bubbles. The deeper bladders are stronger and easier to build without the bubbles, but the shock piston hits the bladder making it harder to get zero rebound.

I like to use the deeper bladder, only because they don't tear. When I build the shock I fill with oil and move the piston up and down slowly to get the air bubbles out like any shock. I leave the shock piston in the fully compressed position, and then insert the bladder into the shock slowly while displacing the oil. I make sure that I push down on the center of the bladder to displace the oil using my finger, allowing the bladder to keep its natural shape and be fully inserted into the shock. The deep bladder will hit the top of the shock piston and cause the piston to move out about 2mm or so, but that is ok. I then add the shock cap components and slowly tighten down the shock cap until it is nice and snug. During this process, I make sure that the shock piston does not move out from the shock (more than the 2mm mentioned above) , (i.e. it stays as fully compressed as it can). Keeping the shock piston fully compressed is the key to building a shock that does not extend back out after you push the shock shaft in. We typically call this a shock with no rebound, which is kind of funny, because in fact it has rebound in shock terminology because it is resisting the speed at which the shock shaft will extend when the spring expands.

I always build shocks so that the shaft does not come out on it's own, so that it can slow the spring down during the rebound stroke of the shock. If you build a shock where the shaft comes out on its own then your shock will not really resist the spring much if at all, which will cause the car to be bouncy and feel less smooth and ultimately have less grip.

Cheers
Old 08-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Martin
Is there anyway I can save my fdr and rollout inputs so I dont have to re enter them every time I exit that section to look at other tips

Regards Groomie
Old 08-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Just downloaded this on android.

I'm pretty good with setup changes already, but this is definitely going to be quicker to reference for a double check than my treasured xxx main printed version.

Most expensive app I've purchased, but it won't be getting uninstalled for quite some time either.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
Now if only you could get the carpet plots for all the RC tyres out there... be onto a winner!

cheques in the post, right Martin?

we may not have carpet plots, but it would be interesting to start getting feedback from drivers on different tires and which ones like more or less slip angle. For example I have found the sorex tires like a lot of slip angle, but the solaris tires do not like as much slip angle. Sweeps seem to be between the two tires. Jacos are similar to the solaris. But that is just from my personal testing...it would be interesting to hear from others.[/QUOTE]

In my experience...
Synthetic based foam tires: (Black, Grey, Yellow, White) are less direct, and have a higher slip angle than the rubber based type: (Lilac, Purple, Magenta, Pink)
Of course it's somewhat track dependent.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Subscribing to thread...
Old 08-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Groomie
Hi Martin
Is there anyway I can save my fdr and rollout inputs so I dont have to re enter them every time I exit that section to look at other tips

Regards Groomie
Hey Groomie....not yet, but that will be a future enhancement for sure.

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Just downloaded this on android.

I'm pretty good with setup changes already, but this is definitely going to be quicker to reference for a double check than my treasured xxx main printed version.

Most expensive app I've purchased, but it won't be getting uninstalled for quite some time either.
Good Stuff tks.

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
we may not have carpet plots, but it would be interesting to start getting feedback from drivers on different tires and which ones like more or less slip angle. For example I have found the sorex tires like a lot of slip angle, but the solaris tires do not like as much slip angle. Sweeps seem to be between the two tires. Jacos are similar to the solaris. But that is just from my personal testing...it would be interesting to hear from others.
In my experience...
Synthetic based foam tires: (Black, Grey, Yellow, White) are less direct, and have a higher slip angle than the rubber based type: (Lilac, Purple, Magenta, Pink)
Of course it's somewhat track dependent.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking me up on my ask to get input from other drivers on slip angle experience on a per tire basis! This is great! Tks.

Originally Posted by Left Front Tire
Subscribing to thread...
Welcome!

Happy to answer any questions on setups as well. i check the thread every couple of days.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Downloaded the APP last weekend, really enjoying it..Thanks Martin..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.